collapse

Author Topic: All in a Day's Work  (Read 82144 times)

Description:

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2008, 10:10:35 PM »
She hugged tightly to him, his warm embrace easing the trembles in her body.  His hair fell around her once more, and she just stared into the viel created by the white tresses.  Then she sighed deeply, and curled into him even more."...They all had white hair...all three of them..."  The demon, the dark elf, and the man.  There were some who believed that the number three held power...

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2008, 10:25:53 PM »
Once more, the man returned to stone. The only signs of life that came from him was the long, slow exhale of breath that teased his white tresses, lifting them into the air to tickle his cheeks and Markie's. They all had white hair...all three of them... The Drow, The Demon..and Jaeric. That meant they were here, in his city still. But of course, why not? Jaeric had always wanted Keshayla dead, out of the way, he wanted it very badly. The Duke wasn't able to travel far after the death of his cousins, his only living relatives. Other then Keshayla.... He couldn't. The people were mourning, and thier soon to be king would be as well. The act would have to be public, Jaeric had to win over the people, if he expected to keep his lands without civil war.....
"Crooked Warden....she's here. She's in Ciln."
Klay's eyes focussed before they snapped up, narrowing slightly with uncertainty as she looked at the Fae-blood. "How can you be so sure?"
"The drow and the other," He made sure not to say demon, he didn't want to make Markie flinch, thought that replacement hardly did much to disguise who he meant. "are wild cards. I wouldn't know where to look for the two. But Jaeric...he's here in the city still. He has to be, to look after the afairs of Keshayla's brother Lucas. The bastard has to get comfortable, play the facade until the people don't have a choice. He's at the castle, or the villa's near by, but deffinately no more then half a days travel away..." That gave him more hope, and heat was starting to restore it's place, while his mind began to form plans.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2008, 10:40:37 PM »
"Could he even go that far?"  Her voice was meek, a soft, almost frightened thing murmuring out from under Kivan's hair.  She really didn't know the first thing about the way the royal government worked.  Hell, even Ravensloft didn't have what could be called a proper town council...everyone just worked things out.  Though Frescanvale was larger, almost a city, so things couldn't be so much different here in the capital than they had been in the port town of her home.  "He seemed like he was in a hurry...  Since the king is gone, won't people be wanting to talk to him for some reason or anther?  Seems like a lot of people would need to be reassured that their former agreements still held."  They mayor of the city suffered a stroke once while she was in the academy under Master Broderick, and a lot of people had been in an awful fuss because they had a lot riding on business deals and ordinances set up by the mayor, and they were very eager to see those deals carried on with the replacement.  Her own experience didn't cover an awful lot of ground, but where experience ended, intuition picked up.  "If he was going to and from a villa out of the city, it might look to a lot of people that he didn't care.  And he has to impress everyone so that the transition goes smoothly, doesn't he?"  On the one hand, she hoped she was right, that he, and Keshayla, were at the castle, because it would make it easier to find her.  On the other hand, she almost prayed to the gods that she was wrong, because if they were there, then so was that demon...

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2008, 10:38:04 AM »
She was right, and this realization struck Klay and Kivan at the same time. That would indeed be the sort of thing any carring, responsible Duke would do. The people were suffering, even if Jaeric didn't care, he'd listen to their worries, sooth their unease, and try to coax them into believing Jaeric. They'd have to. They'd want to. So that's where he was now... No... the sun was too high, this was passing the lunching hour. The open invitation would have been closed by now.... but maybe there was still thing to hear, maybe Jaeric was really putting forth his effort, and keeping his newly aquired thrown open for longer then that. Why work 'standard' hours with such a tradgety?
His lght grey hues flickered over to Klay's bluers ones, the excitement of having something more to focuss on, something to give then a bump in the right direction helped. The Doyen was returning, steelying his resolve, and helped return that cool facade Kivan fit in so comfortably. "Get the twins out there, now. Sia to. Their cover stories aren't important to  me, just make sure the twins don't get too carried away. They are not to question Jaeric if he's there. I want them held at a distance and unseen. Sia, I want to have a closer look. I want him to make a move, pertaining about his charge."
Klay nodded, and instantly began to take notes with a practised hand. She had no parchment or quil, so instead scribbled the words in the air, leaving little rips in the space above the foot of the bed with her swirling hand writing. And... a faint tug at the corner of her lips appeared at the mention of Sia. The smile was easy to hide, but not the light in her eyes. "Sia as himself?"
"Not even Jaeric knows that little secret. Sia will be undiscovered, and he's been doing this for hundreds of years. Go. I want them out there now, and to report in, in two hours. That gives them time to ready and be there." Klay scrambled off of her edge of the bed, tearing at the words as of they were on a page. They winked out, after blurring a bit, and out the room she ran. Kivan didn't even hesitate. "Are you well enough to stand? You'll be accompanying me to the study."

((OOC: Sorry about last night! The connection broke, and I couldn't get back on till now!))
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »
Markie was glad-no, deeply relieved, that Kivan wanted her to come with him.  Deep down she knew that it was silly to still be clinging to him, but she was terrified even deeper down of him leaving again and leaving her vulnerable.  "I think..."  She shifted her muscles slowly, flexing and testing her mobility.  The tears in her arms ached bad, and it was hard to lift her arms with the torn muscles, but those on her leg were shallower, and thankfully missed the tendons."I think so," she repeated, and nodded a little.  Then, "...Kivan...my clothes..."  All she'd had on when Kivan first brought her to his room was a robe and her undergarments, and her bra had become a victim to that morning's activities.  And gods knew where the rest of it ended up...


((No worries!  I figured it was something like that.  And you're a sneak!  You got your post in just a little after I checked this morning from work, lol.))

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2008, 11:22:51 PM »
Her clothes....once more, the smug grin returned. He hadn't meant to, really. If Kivan had felt it sprouting he would have hidden the reaction from view until he was alone. But, she always seemed to make him react so quickly, and so couldn't help the gesture. Her clothes. She didn't have any, not in here, and it probably wouldn't be wise to help her to the study, dressed as she was...or wasn't. Not that he minded, of course.... but he couldn't afford such lovely distractions, not just yet. There was so much work to be done. So, instead, Kivan focussed on that smug smile, and forced it down a few notches to something a little more mutted. "Come, I'll go with you..." No one would be in the halls, not now. Kivan was becoming strict on his rules, no one was alloud in the halls without an escort from someone associated with the Manor, and the students would be at the other wing.
Slowly, Kivan eased her out of his arms, until she was able to sit up on her own. Then he followed, sliding off the edge of the bed until he found Markie's robe. He offered it out to her, like a gentleman offering his jacket to the lady. "I assure you, until we reach your room we won't be noticed. It's all I can do for now, and I'm not going to leave you alone again..." Not if he could help it. If she needed help standing, his ready arms were there to support her, and he wasn't certain how steady she would be, after the horrors she had just faced.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2008, 12:03:30 AM »
It was a struggle to let herself release him,  but she told herself...many times...that he wasn't going anywhere, she wasn't going to be left alone.  His own statement of that helped as well.  So she released him, feeling very exposed once she was without his protective warmth and embrace.  The robe helped a little, but she wouldn't be comfortable until she was next to him again.
It took a bit more of his help than she would have liked, but she was eventually on her feet and steady.  Walking wasn't without a limp, however, and she had to hold to his arm after a few steps.  And it was slow going.  The injured foot didn't take well to pressure, so her steps were more of a series of hobble-hops.  She put on a brave face, trying to best to ignore the pain as they went.  With as rough as her childhood was, she learned not to complain, because the case of one's life could not be helped during the famine by complaining.  And that just naturally turned into a dislike for any such shows of discomfort.  But gods, she was secretly thankful when they reached the stairs and, after a brief attempt to descend them on her own, Kivan swept her easily into his arms and carried her down.  Neither did she complain when he didn't set her down again until after they'd reached her borrowed room.  Her ankle was throbbing, and as much as Klay's dressings had helped, she would have to see a healer soon about her wounds.
Kivan set her on her bed, and for a moment she just sat there, taking a few deep breaths to ready herself for hobbling about again.  The borrowed clothes she'd been wearing the day of Felix's betrayal had since been collected, cleaned, and returned, and since she had no other garments other than they, since her pajamas had been rather ruined the night of the attack, she carefully redressed with Kivan's help.  Still no bra, but, she'd live without it.  Once dressed, Markie slid open the drawer on the bed-side stand.  She'd hoped that her water would be in there but, the drawer was utterly empty.  And she remembered now that she'd used the very last one when the demon attacked her the other night.  Which did not bode well for her if she went to the castle without any of the vials.

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2008, 12:16:24 AM »
Helping Markie dress was rather easy. Kivan had lots of practise with Keshayla, who always seemed to bare the greater wounds, simply because she thought herself indistructable at times. Like the night Felix betrayed the Manor, and Keshayla had jumped infront of the spell. It wasn't the first time she had done something like that. So it was with a practised ease that he helped Markie dress, stepping back when it was appropriate, and always made sure she was steady on her feet. He wouldn't let her fall.
A curious white brow lifted when she opened her drawer, peeking inside to look for something...he wasn't sure what at first, but then he remembered about the vile she had poured on the back of her neck the night the demon had arrived. He gathered, by her not drawing any out, that she must have been without. Here, Kivan offered a reassuring smile, or as close to a smile as was currently possible. It was more of a twitch of the lips. "I'll have Klay make more for you, if you'd like..." He himself was unable to, due to the other half of his blood. But Kivan didn't add that part. Ler her assume he was simply deligating or lacking that particular talent.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2008, 12:29:42 AM »
She looked up quickly, shocked surprise on her features.  Then, her face canted away from him, as if he'd discovered a shameful secret.  And it was shameful, not just to her, who had to bear the mark of the taint, but for all those who had tried, and failed to cure her of it."Thank you..."Her voice was quiet, and she slowly slid the drawer in again.  "Please tell Klay...that it has to be blessed by a priest...  It doesn't work if it's not..."  There was a period of silence before she reached for her boots, as borrowed as the rest of her outfit, and again, with a little help from Kivan on the injured leg, they managed to get them on without too much discomfort, though she never met his eyes, despite the ample opportunity to.  "K.  I'm ready."

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2008, 12:45:15 AM »
He wasn't certain if he said anything wrong at first. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything at all, and simply given them to her? To late now, the Fae knew he placed a level of unease within her, and it didn't settle well with him. He hadn't wanted to do that to her, had meant to be helpful. But her understood...perhaps better then herself. And Kivan was tempted....so tempted to tell her right then. But he couldn't it would be foolish, especially now, of all times. They had white hair....all three of them... All three.... had she seen him in her dreams? Was Lucas perhaps showing Markie his demon? No... Markie would have reacted all the more scared had she invisioned him in his other half. It would have killed him. This third was someone else, but also a warning. She'd find out. Even if he didn't want her to have to know...she would.
It was that knowledge, and the lack of a look that made him step closer. He didn't like how she was avoiding looking at himi, it made his chest ache and his worry grow. He wanted to stop it, and see that smile again. Kivan's hands curled in her hair, the long digets tangling themselves before tilting her head back gently so she was forced to look up at him. It was then that he kissed her, much as he had kissed her when they were on his bed between sheets. It was passionate, probbing with his sleek tongue, claiming ownership of the woman as if darring anything to try and touch her. He'd kill them all, he wasn't going to loose her too.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2008, 01:01:51 AM »
She wanted to tell him.  Gods, she wanted so badly to be able to trust somebody with the knowledge of the scar under her choker.  After all, he'd trusted her with so much.  But at the same time, Broderick had told her to keep it secret except from only very trusted people who could help her.  And as often as healers and sages had failed, she was beginning to believe the thought that one had spat after his failure; The bloody thing was caused by a demon, and gods damn us all, it'll take a demon to remove it!  Markie had been about to appologize, to at least tell him that it was a secret only her parents and a few others knew.  Not even her brothers knew the truth of her scar.  But then he was close, combing his fingers through her hair in a way that made her breath catch and her eyes droop.  When his lips connected, her eyes closed the rest of the way, and she allowed him in with a small sigh.  And the emotion in that kiss brought tears to her eyes, that she'd caused him to worry, and her hands lifted up to tangle in his hair, trying to reassure him with her own kisses.

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »
Her emotion confused him at first. The tears weren't something he could see, with his eyes so heavily closed. But with the catch in her breath, the tightening in her throat that he felt, it just took someone who closely paid attention to the other to notice. And the saltwater, so faint, yet so close, he could smell it coming off of her. So he shushed and cooed soothing sounds, low in his chest, and one hand dropped lower from her hair, until his palm cupped her jaw line. With his thumb he wiped it below her eye carefully, to catch any tears that may have slipped over the edge.
He was afraid of when she found out his secret. She was wanted to tell him her own. So it was with unclearity at what he spoke. "Trust me." Simple, but he wanted her to know this. "Always trust me, Markie... I would never intentionally hurt you." He knew he could though...he knew that it was a possibility and wasn't something to put past his ever buzzing thoughts. But Markie could always trust Kivan to be Kivan. He wouldn't hurt what was his, and the Halfblood already put his claim on her.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
She sniffled once, trying to get her tears under control.  She really didn't want to start crying again...  After he spoke, Markie tilted her face down a little again, resting her forehead against his chin.  A deep breath, held, and then released slowly with a small shudder.  She wanted to tell him.  Needed to tell him. It was only fair.  And, as much as his knowing might make him change his mind about letting her go to the castle, he needed to know that it could affect her.

"Please...don't tell anyone..."Gingerly, a hand released him, and slid slowly back to her own neck, to the clasp of her necklace.  She opened it, and let it fall to her lap, revealing the scar along her neck.  It had eased away from the bright red it had been earlier, right after the dream, and was now a warm pink.  "I'm...tainted.  By a demon..."  She couldn't have known that he'd figured out the reaction she had, but neither did he know the why.  "No one knows why it can't be removed, but, because it's there, I can tell when there's demons, or demon magic, within about a mile..."  Another long, slow breath.  "And it hurts...gods, it hurts so much when they're near..."  The hand still on his neck curled a little tighter at just the thought of the pain.  A soft sigh, and she glanced to the floor, where she'd dropped the last vial the other night.  "The only thing that helps is blessed water."

She closed her eyes again, and lowered her face to his shoulder.  "And it frightens people.  Demons frighten people, and as soon as they find out, they think I'm one of them...that I'm being controlled by one, or that I've sold out to one..."  Markie was shaking gently again, reliving the past even as she told him.  "I was put on trial as a dark witch just because the damn thing tried to kill me as a child, and I had the bad fortune to survive!"  But Master Broderick had rescued her...proved to them that the taint, while irremovable, was dormant, and would not, could not affect her magic.

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2008, 02:23:16 PM »
It was a sort of a shock to see how far off Kivan really was. How obvious something was and the half blood never saw it. She was tainted....of course. Why else would she have had such violent reactions? Why else would Markie seem like some sort of anchor for the demonic to hold onto? She was the faint light in the dark abyss, one that the demonic would crawl to in order to manifest themselves. They'd be drawn to her, curious, and once their curiosity was sated, well then their natural violence would return.
But...this was a problem. He would have to be more careful, delicate, around Markie. She would find out, but finding out through that agony? She would most likely feel betrayed, frightened...he didn't want that. He didn't want her flinching away from him or any of that.
Kivan's hand smoother her hair, and once again his lips returned to her skin, but this time to the faint pink scar at her neck. Delicate, just a brush of lips, testing her reaction as well as his. "No bad fortune, Markie. I am very pleased to have met you. Don't doubt yourself of think less because of this. We'll fix it... I promise. We'll fix this, and I'll tell no one." And now there were more problems. There would be demons at the palace.... he couldn't let Markie go there. Not now.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »
Markie sighed softly at the brush of his lips and tilted her chin up to allow him room to linger.  There was no sounding of her 'demon detector', nor had there been any discomfort when she was with him before, except for the once that he had willingly let his demon through when she was in danger.    The scar was tender, but the kiss was gentle, and very welcome.  There was no helping the flutter he put into her heart with the intimate gesture.  
She really wanted to believe him.  On both accounts.  Even so...  "I've heard that before..." she sighed softly.  But she didn't doubt that he'd try.  They'd all tried, and she didn't blame anyone for her lack of cure.  But it was easy to be a little bit jaded in the face of promises that were unlikely to be kept.

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2008, 06:51:26 PM »
Kivan's smile was back, that crooked thing that mirrored his partner's so well. "Aye. True I'm sure. But those words hadn't been from me, have they? You'd be surprised just how much demonology I know." His four hundred odd years of life, he had told her, was true enough. He hadn't considered himself living until after he made the choice to be abstinate of that life style. His sould was already condemned and damned, this life was to repent for it all.
One last kiss was pressed against her scar, before lifting up to her forehead, and Kivan stepped back to give her enough room to stand. One done, he stepped back in, and scooped her up in his arms again. He hadn't missed how much her progress would have hurt, although she hadn't cried out, it was obvious enough by the tightening around the eyes. He didn't mind carrying her, either, and his muscles moved as if they couldn't tire. Besides, it would be a long walk across the Estate to his Study. Sometimes he was surprised at how quickly he could get from one point to the other when the need arose.

The study...was a mess. Books littered the ground, pages of parchments were scattered about like fresh leaves in the fall. He didn't gasp in horror, simply strode forward unti he reached the massive desk on it's side, and set her in Keshayla's cupped chair. A slightly, sheepish smile formed as he glanced at her. "I...lost my temper." was all he gave in explanation for the mess.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2008, 07:08:32 PM »
A soft, nearly silent sigh of relief when he lifted her back into his arms.  She wasn't complaining in the least.  Simply tucked herself under his chin and settled her head against his shoulder, an arm wrapping loosely around his back.  When they reached the study, her brows had shot up to her forehead, and she continued to take in the room after Kivan set her down.  "I can tell..."  Her scan of the room ended at the upturned desk before her gaze returned to Kivan, and she quirked a brow at him.  "Is this going to be one of those times that you'll need a boot to the arse?"  She grinned gently, trying to lighten the mood, and called a pile of papers nearest to her to her out-stretched hands to put them in order again.  "Or do you just need to be baby-sat to keep you from making a mess of your home?"  Normally she wouldn't have minded crawling around on the floor to pick up the books and papers, her her arms still hurt as much as her leg, and with the quickness that Kivan had swept her up, she doubted he'd let her so much as move from the chair on her own.  Which was fine.  It was a comfy chair.  So she called up another handful, a book titled Daemonic Interpretations and some papers.  Her gaze lingered on the cover for a moment, a soft frown pulling at her features, before it and the papers were added to the stack in her lap.

Offline Lord Palatine

  • Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Grand Duke/Grand Duchess
  • *
  • Posts: 14671
  • Karma: 127
  • Gender: Male
  • Face for radio, voice for print!
  • Awards Has made 9,000+ posts Has made 8,000+ posts Has made 7,000+ posts Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2008, 07:27:23 PM »
Quietly, calmy Grater sat unobtrusively in a quiet corner, a half-eaten roast beef sandwich with spicy mustard and a fresh beer sitting beside him.  The only sound that he made was the wet metallic slide of fine steel over a polishing stone.  He studiously ignored the pixie perched precariously in his spiky silver hair as he softly mumbled a song as he worked.  If one ventured close enough it was snippets of many songs all strung together haphazardly.

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2008, 07:41:13 PM »
Kivan's crooked smile expanded until his perfect white teeth were in full view, and once more that chuckle escaped. "Pearl, you're too late for the arse kicking, I needed that one a long while ago. Keep an eye on me now, I just may need another one shortly." His eyes drifted from the pile of papers he was collecting, to the witch who sat in the chair, now pulling a book into her lap. Kivan's smile dissapeared in an instant as the memory surfaced.

     ....Kivan's hand once again slipped onto her shoulder, and she looked up, having to crain her neck all the way back simply to look at him. "Oi?" Then a book was dropped into her lap, causing the Lycan to jump slightly, startled, and twisted to look at it's title before sighing her annoyance. "Daemonic Interpertations. That sounds like a gathering of hooey to me." That long, elegant finger simply tapped it's cover before Kivan turned and headed towards his desk.

This wasn't getting any easier, and Kivan found himself blinking rapidly before turning to look away from the book and to the pile before him on the floor. Nearly a day gone, and it felt longer then that. Much longer. It was a struggle to keep his temper from rising again, but looking at Markie helped, and once more he managed a slight smile. Was it wrong to smile with Keshayla being tortured right now? Or was it more appropriate to shell himself up again, to distance himself? He wanted both, and was afraid of both at the same time.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2008, 08:00:53 PM »
Markie continued collecting papers and books and organizing them, the pile in her lap quickly transferring itself to the floor at her feet.  It felt like she should be doing more to help, more than just cleaning up after the room was sacrificed to Kivan's frustrations.  And she was only adding to those frustrations with her current helplessness...  The next book to float into her hands had her brows quirking again, but in interest this time.  Lay-line manifestation, characterization, and application: A theory.  The other books and papers were sorted and separated, but the book remained in her lap.  Master Broderick only had a scant knowledge of them, but knew that they were a key to a great many phenomena.  The stories she'd heard about them had always fascinated her, especially the story of them ripping themselves from the earth to dance through the night sky in the far north.  It sounded so beautiful...and she wanted to see it, at least once, before she died...

Curiosity got the better of her, and she crafted a small force stand for the book and began skimming through it as she widened her circle of collection.  Though there were more than a few pauses in her collections as the words on the page took up her attention.

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2008, 08:20:46 PM »
When all the papers were stacked, and the books, saved for the one that caught Markie's interest, was returned to the shelves, Kivan rightened the desk. The desk was masive, kidney shaped and made out of one solid piece of wood. It should have taken at least two men to straighen it, but the halfblood was able to rock it back onto it's four clawed feet with only a little vosable strain. It was another thing that frustrated him: Keshayla would have done it without breaking a sweat. Sometimes it was easy to forget what she was. Other times, how could you?
Before anger could build up once more he busied his hands in the air before the desk. The words of the Fae left his mouth, lilting and graceful, much like elvish, but this language was older then even them, a dead language. Then, in the center of the room a map appeared. It was a replica of the castle, down to the very last brick and window. He and Keshayla had scaled that building as many times as the streets themselves. Lifting his hand, and making a tugging gesture, the picture of the castle in the air shifted, spinning slowly with the gesture, changing the angle. The Bird eye's view shifted so it was as if they were looking through the walls. And then, floor by floor they went, Kivan looking for anything that may have been what Markie discribe, hesitating here and there for one reason or another.
Then, to the basement, the cellars below, and the "Pit" below it all. There were no windows, the walls were the foundation of the castle, moisture occationally dripping through the cracks to the stuffy rooms, only ventilated by the spaces leading to the stairs. Cells were scattered about in the West wing, closest to the shores. Some were issolated, others were simple bars or shackles, and, over to the East, was the room he feared was the right one. It was open and wide, free of hay or old bones. The Pit hadn't been used in a long while, Lucas hadn't believed in torture. But, back in the day, when it was put to use, people were made to talk here. He had felt disgusted when he saw it out of idle curiosity. He felt sickened, but couldn't help himself. Once more....then never again... "Markie? Is this it?"
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2008, 08:57:35 PM »
It made her smile to hear him speak in that long dead language.  She couldn't understand a word of it, but she liked to hear the smooth melody of it.  It brought up feelings of comfort, since that was when he usually spoke it to her.  But other than listening to his voice absently, she was oblivious to his actions, having curled up with the book in her lap and reading more intently.  She skimmed bits here, read longer there, taking it all in with fascination.  Seems the author believed that a witch could use the laylines for travel by moving along their currents as they flowed across the earth.  She hadn't been able to learn teleportation spells before she left Frescanvale.  So even though the wording was a bit dry, she read the pages with great interest.
She only faintly heard Kivan when he spoke in Common again, her ears perking to her name, even if she didn't know what else he said.  She'd partially tuned out the rest of the room, leaving Kivan to his devices while she read."Hmm?"  Her face turned slowly, eyes glued to the page until at last she was forced to look away, and even then the turn of her gaze was slow, at last reaching Kivan, and then on to the holograph she was only now aware of.  
There was the briefest of pauses as she looked at the image, taking it in, registering what she saw in her mind.  Then her head jerked to the side with a small gasp, as if she'd just been slapped across the face, her eyes scrunching tightly closed.  It took a few steadying breaths before she could confidently open her eyes again, but even then they looked no further than the arm of the chair.  Goosebumps sprouted all up and down her arms, and she swallowed hard as again Keshayla's screams echoed in her mind, and she once more heard the tap of booted feet on stone as the white-haired man - Jaeric - came to enjoy her torture.

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2008, 09:53:35 PM »
Her reaction had been answer enough. Regrettably, he hadn't meant to scare her, they both were consumed in their own thoughts and world that they had been oblivious that the other was unaware. Kivan frowned, but didn't go rushing over to her side. So, it was the place. His intuition had pushed him in the right direction, some part of him always knew where, the moment Markie had discribed it. But, just like when she confirmed that his Lycan was being tortured...he wanted to be in denyal. Kivan sighed, long and slow, making an upward gesture with his hand so that the view changed, to where the Pit wasn't so recognizable and to spare Markie of the image. He couldn't dispell it, however. He needed it up, needed to study the scenes and entrances even if he had already memorized them all.
How was he going to get in? Another flick of his wrist spun the hologram around until the East corner was nearly against his chest, looking at it through another view. There weren't any secret passages that led out. There weren't any trap doors leading in. Not on this level, anyways. Nothing would connect to the Narrows, simply because the Pit rested below the hidden tunnels of the city. The closest entrance, hidden from view, was on the Northside, connecting through the Narrows by the wash house. Then through the halls towards the slave quarters and kitchens. It would be the wiser option, less traveled, but that route was also well known, and would be heavily guarded. Jaeric would expect Kivan to come rushing in, and that's exactly what he wanted to do. He needed to react. He hated feeling helpless, wanted to be reckless, to unleash his demon, to rip Jaeric appart....
Another sigh... this time by the knock on the door. It made Kivan frowned, even if he expected to be disturbed while people were rushing about, fulfilling his orders. "Enter." Klay returned, stiding forward without a pause and smiled at Markie for greeting, before stopping besides Kivan, and looking at his Hologram. It was in the kitchens now, looking for a possible route by the dumbwaiter or waste site. "The twins are already in the streets, heading for the castle. Sia just left, with three other elves at his side. They're going on horse, making it more formal." Kivan nodded his approval. "And my ears?"
"Littered about the city. Hal and Emma are sending their informants out as well: You're going to have to speak with them soon, the poor woman nearly had a heart attack when she heard what happened. Amdalla is wrestless in the sea, and ruined one of the ships at port: some of the sailors and pirates in the city tried to harpoon Her, when it happened, but she quickly discouraged them. The mermaids are silent, and...Berny tried shorring himself again. I've god Tria'zah handling the water affairs for now, and he's inlisted some of his merfolk to keep their eyes peeled for a possible..body."
"The elves?"
"Sia and his fellows closed the Eastern Woods, theres no escaping on that route. When Lucas died they formed a perimeter until our informants filled them in with what's happening. They'll let us know of the activities by Sparrow, but thus far it's been quiet."
"What about our informants inside the palace? The guards, the cooks, the blacksmith?"
"All silent as of now. Their status is currently unknown."
"They're dead then." He was certain of it, and didn't bother to hide the truth with a scowl that crossed and marred his features. "Anything on the Order?"
"Just...that their numbers are increasing. Nearly three dozen of our own switched sides. Japheth has some strong holds on the city that convinced them."
"Alright, From here on out we're on Silence. Send out the Spider, I want him to track down the spies and traitors, and slit their throats. Make them examples, give them to Amdalla to play with. Public displays, but make sure it's quick and cloaked, the guards aren't going to keep the Peace any longer, with Lucas dead." Klay nodded, not needing to take notes of that, she already assumed as much. "Consider it done."
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2008, 10:15:14 PM »
Markie tried to go back to her book, to wrap herself up in the dry, dusty tome and forget about the nightmare again, but was having no such luck.  She'd read the same paragraph at least a dozen times without a word of it making any sense.  But she didn't want to look up again, even though she could see the image flickering and shifting, and was sure that it no longer showed the dungeons.  Then, with her own scowl, she realized that she was missing out on important information.  When she went to the palace, she certainly wasn't going to get a guided tour.  The more she knew going in, the better.  It was only that fact that steeled her resolve enough to look up from the book again, and try to remember how hallways connected as Kivan moved the perspective around.
She tried to listen in to Kivan and Klay's conversation, but none of it made any sense to her.  All the names were foriegn.  Only Bernie was familiar, and she felt a sorry for the poor hippocampus.  He wouldn't understand why Keshayla wasn't coming to visit anymore.  He was probably trying to look for her, too.
She almost forgot;  Markie waited until it seemed that Kivan and Klay were finished speaking before her own voice lifted."Klay...if you have some time, later...I need some help with a couple spells before I go to the palace...  I don't know how to bind spells to objects yet..."

Offline Shades of Gray

  • Game Master
  • Baronet/Baronetess
  • *
  • Posts: 1828
  • Karma: 13
  • Gender: Female
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Board Game Master
    • http://groups.msn.com/DarkWaters/_whatsnew.msnw
    • Awards
Re: All in a Day's Work
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2008, 11:22:00 PM »
There were two reactions to Markie's comment. Klay turned to look at her student and beamed at her request, obviously pleased that she was still interested in learning. Some of the students had given up hope, mopping around the estate, instead of attending classes, as if the attack had taken their faith away. She was pleased that Markie wasn't one of these. "Of course,"
Kivan, didn't looked so pleased. He looked absolutely horrified and shocked at her request, and glaired at Klay for encouraging her. "The students aren't going anywhere near that castle, I forbid it. It's too dangerous, more then we origionally anticipated. They already have Keshayla, they've trapped her, how can the students survive?"
Klay blinked, her surprise showing, and the first frown since all of this started sprouted on her lips. "Kivan, it won't just be anyone. I know the student's tallents better then you. Take no offence, please, but they're our only shot. We need eyes and ears in there, you already said that the others were dead."
"And if they're caught? Those in the Manor are aware of the risks, they know what can happen better then the assumptions of our students. They've never been a fight besides the attack at the school." He held up a finger, to stop any argument from Klay or Markie. "I am not stating that it was handled poorly, rather the opposite. But that was a large band of students acting together with their teachers. I don't want anyone to have to face that again. There will be demons in there, and the Order. Anyone caught would either be killed outright, or tortured first in hopes to catch more information." He turned his back slightly, bringing up the hologram again, and spinning it so that they faced the front of the castle. , then panning it to a bird's eye view, looking down at the very top floors. "Sia, the Spider and I will go in, and we'll get her out." Kivan blammed himself for Keshayla's capture. If it wasn't apparent before, then it was loud and clear now. His voice hardened with the last sentenced spoken. He was determined to make this right.
"Are you sure you know what you're doing?"
"Not one bit. But it's okay, I'm like every landlord in the nation. I've Googled directions."
"Shit."

 

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

 
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

  • Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 20, 2018, 07:16:39 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 19, 2018, 09:03:11 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 19, 2018, 08:16:30 AM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 19, 2018, 12:47:30 AM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 19, 2018, 12:32:27 AM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 19, 2018, 12:21:34 AM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 18, 2018, 11:44:55 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 18, 2018, 11:08:14 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 18, 2018, 09:07:24 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 17, 2018, 11:48:39 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 17, 2018, 11:38:05 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 17, 2018, 11:10:44 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 17, 2018, 11:06:29 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 17, 2018, 10:33:01 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 11, 2018, 09:32:31 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube