collapse

Author Topic: Tamalyn: Journey to Herself  (Read 782711 times)

Description: Discovering how to unlock her potentionally limitles powers and herself.

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
  • Awards Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Tamalyn: Journey to Herself
« Reply #14375 on: May 19, 2017, 08:51:25 PM »
She nodded, "it will indeed. Shall we look over the plans? Captain Steelheart, would you please locate the commanders of the scouts and engineers in this duchy so we can discuss placement?" She turned back to the Duke, "I saw a large table on my way in. Let's take a look at my plans" she said motioning him to lead the way. Tamalyn spread the plans out on the large table. "The mountain can not be built using standard building practices, it has to be build with the particular talents of my father and myself. He has agreed to help me accomplish this" Tamalyn admitted. She pointed out certain details on the plans. "General Stonecutter has drawn the plans for a solid mountain so that your people can carve out as much or as little as you desire. There is a starting point" she said pointing to it. "My biggest concern is placement. It needs to be placed on solid bedrock, and I want the least amount of damage done to the ecosystem. The mountain will change the weather around it for leagues" she admitted. She spoke with confidence and the only concern she had in her voice was when discussing the ecosystem. "It is a challenge" she admitted, "but I think that it will be worth it."

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Grand Duke/Grand Duchess
  • Face for radio, voice for print!
  • Awards Has made 9,000+ posts Has made 8,000+ posts Has made 7,000+ posts Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14376 on: May 19, 2017, 11:09:37 PM »
The best bedrock, her scouts and engineers reported, would be slightly northeast of center. The soil was poor and thin over the srone below, and the water table here was deep.

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
  • Awards Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14377 on: May 19, 2017, 11:29:25 PM »
Tamalyn asked numerous questions, as was normal her. They spent the rest of the day discussing details and refining the plans for the huge undertaking. The Duke and his men got to put in their thoughts and ideas. Sheleft the plans with Captain Steelheart to draw out. Over lunch she spoke with the Duke, "how are you settling in here? I know that it is far different than your frozen homeland."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:25:04 AM by Milady Kim »

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Awards Has made 9,000+ posts Has made 8,000+ posts Has made 7,000+ posts Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14378 on: May 20, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
"It is an adjustment," he nodded. "Only the very oldest of us remembers living where grass grew naturally."

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14379 on: May 20, 2017, 10:16:28 PM »
Tamalyn hadn't heard that they had ever lived anywhere else, "where was that? She asked curiously. "How long ago was that?"

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14380 on: May 20, 2017, 10:37:38 PM »
"Our people lived in the mountains north of Waldenberg, six generations back or so. We held out after they started coming to drive us out or take us, but we were eventually driven out. They choked off our food and eventually we had a long fighting retreat north. Two generations ago we took the ships we needed to escape, most of us made it to the ice, those that didn't wound up taken into bondage. Some of their ancestors love under your capitol. We wound up making a home in the ice and the mountains under it, your father helped. Fighting volcanoes seem to be a bit more that he could help us with, or as he put it, long hard work doomed to fail."

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14381 on: May 20, 2017, 10:54:40 PM »
"I fear he was correct" she nodded, "thank you for telling me about your history. I had thought that your people always lived there, I suppose that I didn't ask enough questions when I first learned about you. My father told me that you prefered to remain privat, so I didn't enquire further" she said simply. "I was actually quite surprised when I heard that you wanted to come here, well, until I heard about your volcano situation. I hope that you will enjoy the grass beneath your feet."

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14382 on: May 21, 2017, 12:44:04 AM »
"It may prove a novelty," he grinned. "But I think we'll adjust. Once we get used to hot weather. Warm weather, outside, to us is still cold enough to freeze. Inside, we're used to the heat of the rocks that finally drove us out, ironic."

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14383 on: May 21, 2017, 10:48:27 AM »
Tamalyn smiled, "I am sure that the mountain will help with the heat of summer. Has there been other issues from your relocation?"

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14384 on: May 21, 2017, 11:50:45 PM »
"We have a t0 to learn, or relearn," he shrugged by reply and led her out the flap of his tent. She could see a few dwarven engineers with their spread out kit laid out as they showed them the various weapons, uniforms and armor. "We don't really have  standing army, we have a small cadre of leaders that the men gather to for training and fighting. They work at other things until needed to fight. Your...warrants...looked at our armor and pronounced it ovens to roast our men in. So, good for winter, but not for most of the year. We'll learn and adapt."

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14385 on: May 22, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »
Tamalyn smiled, "I am sure that you will figure out the best type of armor soon enough. You will have miltia assigned to the duchy ,so having a standing force isnt completely necessary" she added. "It is one of the things I am doing differently than most Selnendrin provinces. Being so far out from the country proper means that we have less support, so I wanted to ensure that we are safe and I didn't want to risk any duchy being a weak link. So I have hired trained military. It shouldn't be too much longer and the forts here will be fully staffed" she assured him. She watched the men discussing armor and weapons, "I understand that you do have some good fighters, Lady Samara Bragg enjoyed practicing with your people, have you or any of your people considered entering the tournaments?"

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14386 on: May 23, 2017, 02:59:33 AM »
"Perhaps in time, are you going to have tournaments here? I haven't heard of grounds being prepared."

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14387 on: May 23, 2017, 10:35:23 AM »
"I have considered it, but currently I have more important things to build. I would like to see the province more stable and self sufficient before I invite the entire country to visit" she added. "You are living in a tent, another duchess is living in her office, some in the schools, and we have not reached our climax of immigrants" she shrugged, "I am sure that in time we will have tournament grounds. For now, we will focus on housing, education, security, and farming." She paused, "you are one of the few dukes I did not speak to before you came. I am curious as to what you hope to build in your new land?"

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14388 on: May 24, 2017, 10:19:40 PM »
"Dwarves," he chuckled. "From the ground up. We need to remember how to farm where there's dirt and all of the other things that ice made us set aside."

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14389 on: May 24, 2017, 11:00:57 PM »
Tamalyn smiled, "you are not alone. In fact all the dwarves, outside of the militia, are in the same position. All of you are freed from the Empire. Your people have been free the longest, but you are not alone. I think it could be beneficial if maybe we arranged for some sort of exchange program. After you and the Perrenel contingent get a bit more settled. Does this sound like something your people would be interested in."

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14390 on: June 18, 2017, 09:37:04 PM »
"What are we exchanging?" he looked confused.

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14391 on: June 19, 2017, 12:21:03 AM »
"Knowledge, skills, experiences" she said simply, "you can learn a lot from each other" she said with a shrug.

They finished discussing the mountain plans, them Tamalyn returned home while the engineers finalized the plans.

She went to her study and brought all the letters from her main office that had arrived during her absence and read through them.

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14392 on: June 19, 2017, 01:37:47 AM »
There were a great many different messages, most routine: offers from dressmakers, people looking for favors, once-in-a-lifetime business and investment opportunities, the usual. There were also favor-seekers and opportunists looking to curry favor with her and her family.

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14393 on: June 19, 2017, 06:52:31 PM »
She replied when necessary, but mostly the mail was discarded. Tamalyn then wrote her friends in Valcaster, telling them about Franchesca Bragg had a fit and ended a battle while almost naked. It was a funny story and she thought they might enjoy it.

Shortly before dinner she returned to Stonecutter's room to check on him.
"Goid evening" she said, "you would have loved the expression on the Duke's when I told him we were going to build a mountain" she said moving a chair closer to the bed. She didn't ask how he was or appeared worried for his health. "I think we have a plan figured out" she added.

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14394 on: June 19, 2017, 11:09:51 PM »
"Very good," he grinned and then she felt him look at her oddly as her face seemed to go blank.

She saw through other eyes, and then felt her father's strength around her. He was striding up a rough road, actually a few inches above it so it didn't effect his stride. There was a long wall before him, and a huge, iron-bound gate Men were standing before it, fully armored and bearing weapons, arrayed in three lines at least fifty men wide. She felt a flick of irritation and men screamed, a few clawed off their helmets and she could see them crying blood as more blood poured from their noses and ears, then they were flung aside and crashed into the walls to either side of the gate and collapsed in a still heap. The gate was pulled apart and cast off to the sides and the iron bars of the portcullis behind it twisted until their was a broad hole in the middle and he walked though. More men came toward him, the officer leading them suddenly screamed as his armor became red hot and steam and smoke poured from the joints and the rest fled.

More doors, more men, more screaming until he stepped into what looked like a council chamber. The man at the head of the table shouted a shrill challenge.

"You have violated the Gamedian Compact," he father said coldly. "There is a penalty for that. Give me his head, or I'll take it myself, and the rest of yours with it."

There was a brief pause and several men held down the King of Perenel and one hacked several times with a sword until the head was removed from the body.

"The Crown Prince will not inherit, no male of his line will inherit. I expect to see the announcement of the coronation of his eldest daughter within two days. The life of the Crown Prince is forfeit, you will display his head with his father's at the city gates. Any remaining princes will be banished from the country with no more than they carry on their persons, without magical assistance. Am I clear?"

They assured him quickly that he was.

"Two days." He reminded them, and turned and left.

Then she saw Stonecutter looking at her curiously, her face was flushed and there was a nervous energy about her, she felt famished. "Do I look that bad?" he joked to lighten the tension.

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14395 on: June 20, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
"No, of course not" she shook her head. "I just saw something interesting and startling. I am sure that you will know all about it in two or three days. Has there been any information from the men exploring Grotto? I am very curious about what other things might be there."

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14396 on: June 20, 2017, 11:49:35 PM »
"They've set up camp and and are prepared to start looking inside in the morning," he replied. "There's a whole Battalion of engineers there to do the job, including a much smaller scale mapping of the area."

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14397 on: June 21, 2017, 12:26:23 AM »
"Very good, well make sure that I am notified if they find anything of interest" she began, and then her stomach notified her that she really was hungry. "I was going to visit with you for a while, but my experience has left me hungry. Please excuse me" she said rising, "you need rest anyway. Is there anything you need to make your convalescent easier? Books, or perhaps a laptop table to draw" she offered.

Online Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14398 on: June 21, 2017, 01:53:21 AM »
"I have a lap desk," he grinned. "I set it off on this side of the bed when I heard you coming," he pointed down to the other side of the bed. "Can't have you thinking I'm working during convalescence."

Offline Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Prince/Princess
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14399 on: June 22, 2017, 02:45:28 AM »
"I would never tell you that you can't work. All that would do is make you stubborn. I will ask that you take it easy, and let your body heal, but please do continue to work. Good night General Stonecutter" she added as she left.

Tamalyn returned home, along the way she talked to Indra and Dread, "I need to build up my energy for this mountain. And, I am really hungry" she admitted. "Oh, and my father just ordered the King and Crown Prince of Perenelle"s death. In two days they will be crowning a queen" she said casually.

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

• Dot Guests: 49
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[Today at 11:06:53 PM]

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[Today at 07:12:06 PM]

[Today at 06:59:51 PM]

[Today at 06:18:26 PM]

[Today at 06:06:35 PM]

[Today at 05:37:02 PM]

[Today at 05:18:48 PM]

[Yesterday at 09:52:19 PM]

[Yesterday at 08:57:44 PM]

[Yesterday at 10:51:39 AM]

[October 21, 2017, 11:25:19 PM]

[October 20, 2017, 09:59:43 PM]

[October 20, 2017, 09:44:19 PM]

[October 20, 2017, 08:49:54 PM]

[October 20, 2017, 04:20:36 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube