collapse

Author Topic: Shadow Hunter  (Read 15187 times)

Description:

Not Yet Rated!

Hige

Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2009, 08:02:51 PM »
[[I'm waiting for Hawk to post, if you folks were waiting on me?]]

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Shae Dravenmore

• Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »
((LOL, then I guess we're waiting on Hawk then, 'cuz I'm waiting on you.  :)))

Not Yet Rated!

Hige

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 01:36:42 PM »
[[OOC: Haha yeah i figured. But Hawk's characters are in the same room we are in. so i imagine i'd let him post before i get around to mine.]]

Not Yet Rated!

Lone Wolf Jigaru

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2009, 03:47:04 PM »
(lmao...I'm starting to wonder if I managed to kill the thread with my last post or something >.<)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant A Board Game Master
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2009, 04:33:47 PM »
(ooc: hmm, don't say that because your post was in response to mine lol. I can post. Technically I'm not waiting for anyone but I thought we were going in some order)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 04:34:37 PM by Phantom Knight Drake »

Not Yet Rated!

Lone Wolf Jigaru

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2009, 04:49:33 PM »
( :P lol we are, but since we're all seperated at the moment, we can post as we like within our own little groups. What you and I do doesn't affect them, what they do right now doesn't affect us, you know? so in this situation, the order isn't horribly important.)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Shae Dravenmore

• Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2009, 04:56:59 PM »
((If you two want to continue the interaction between the Drow and Tera, I think that would be fine, just so long as you don't get too far ahead time-wise of the group in the castle.))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »
Tera became somewhat relieved after hearing Jiik-tai's first couple words but hope begins fleeting with the rest of her words. As long as she continued to answer them, her life may be spared or she could answer them and be killed anyways for knowing too much. The message. The message. The message is all that matters. Tera need not let her emotions get in the way or the message will be altered, bias introduced, and anarchy along the thought process will rise. Tera was quick to bite her tongue when Jiik-tai informed her that the two had slain the royal family especially since Tera referred to the complete effort as a failure. The message. The message. The truth in the message will guide her, is all she could think about.

"Formidable guards," Tera speaks, her back finally reaching the right wall of the passageway? "I don't know anything about hired guards." Wrong answer. Tera taps her head mentally and starts again. "Mistress...Ryuuken is her name. She came, killed the elders, and claimed the highest position. Nobody really tried to stop her. They wanted the council out of power but everyone was too afraid that they'd fail and dishonor upon their family. Ryuuken is fearless and somewhat estranged and eccentric. She is a dark elf much like yourself--not meaning those personal characteristics but in physical appearance." Tera takes a breath, her body calms slightly as her mind returns to the true cause behind her movements.

"The humans have pushed the forest elves to the water's edge and most don't appreciate it. Ryuuken said she will give the lands back to us, something the high council could not do--would not do. We'll become water elves before long. My name," Tera stumbles, weary of giving her personal information to a stranger. "I am the fastest messenger of the forests, Tera! If your goal is to eliminate the princess," Tera stops, unsure about her next few words that would suggest an alliance. She knows so little of both--the two before her and Ryuuken; still, they should meet. "You should meet my mistress! She may provide the necessary distraction for you to carry out your mission!" In fact, making such a suggestion could almost ensure her safety since they'll need her to take them there. Usefulness, she had to be useful.

Not Yet Rated!

Lone Wolf Jigaru

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2009, 09:56:34 AM »
Jiik-tai and Elghinn exchanged glances, another rapid exchange occurring between the two drow...apparently, some kind of argument. Jiik-tai hissed out something that sounded rather venomous, making a slashing movement with one hand as Elghinn shook his head, smirking slightly and making a response, hand waving her apparent threat aside carelessly. In the end, however, he nodded his agreement to her words and she turned back to tera. "Fine then, Tera...take us to this...Ryuuken. We will speak with her." Eyes narrowed in threat as she moved forward, pressing her body right up against the forest elf's so that the spikes on her armor would prick her skin lightly...not drawing blood, but still quite unnerving. Her left hand rose, cupping the messenger's chin lightly as she whispered her promise."If you lead us into a trap,I will personally cut open your stomach and remove your insides while you watch."

Not Yet Rated!

hawkthethird

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2009, 03:30:46 PM »
The drow and the fiend looked this captive over, and both came to their separate conclusions. While neither knew that the symbol on her head meant- if it meant anything at all- Falzheim could feel the telekinetic energy. He relayed this to Laohs with a glance to his right, and a quick, silent, flash of his fingers.

Comprehending, the drow

Not Yet Rated!

Hige

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2009, 08:38:55 PM »
Who has sent me? She probably already knows. . . She attempted to read the Princess' eyes. Then again... maybe not.

She payed no attention to the agitation of the mercenary guard. Her eyes did not come off of the Princess, as she was the only person of importance to her at the moment. "Princess. I come on behalf of the Dark Elven City of Aden." She said with a habitual head bow. "I was sent to investigate the reasoning for the rumor of terminating the trades we've done with your country. Though, the death of your father and King may have that sealed forever." She then raised a brow. "You are an important asset to my Master, and as an extension, Aden." She inhaled, and contemplated not speaking of this before she did, though she let it fly, since Nariya had no idea how much, or how little the Princess herself knew. "Since our trades have been... unofficial... they unofficially sent myself to investigate, which is why you haven't known of my arrival."

She then looked about the room, looking at the Drow Mercenary, the large, dark skinned male, and the rest of the guard. "Though i seem to have been sent at an... interesting... time..."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Shae Dravenmore

• Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »
If the princess was surprised to hear of the origin and reason of Nariya's visit, she gave no indication.  Neither was anything revealed when she mentioned the undocumented trades.  Her eyes narrowed slightly as she stared at the emissary, as if sizing her up.  "And what word or symbol of assurance do I have that you truly come from Aden, and do not simply seek to get close through deception?"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2009, 02:27:54 PM »
It isn't to say that Tera had calmed down for a bit and the two drows' sudden exchange of words in another language made her tense again; she is already tense, and that uneasy feeling heightened. The hand motions, the glances, and the sudden movement makes Tera's heart race. There were very few times where her life was placed in danger for being a messenger, then again, she wasn't exactly delivering a message. The elf was spying and she'd been caught.

When the two appeared to come to an agreement and Jiik-tai accepted Tera's offer, she allowed herself to breathe a bit more. Tera didn't like the way the drow before her spoke her name or her master's. A greater threat than Jiik-tai's tone of voice is the narrowing of the eyes and the closing of the distance between them. Tera flinches when the shoulder spikes push against her skin. The mental attack reminds Tera of Ryuuken and how both had this need to invade personal space and whisper words of malice that bypasses the usual senses and park itself at the forefront of one's eyes; that is, the whisper threats imaged into reality.

"No trap," Tera replies even though she is unsure how the proceeding matters will end. The two drow before her showed some dislike toward other drow, would Ryuuken do the same? "Follow me," Tera motions with her head, hoping the two will clear a path for her. It would have been the best time to run; but as Tera has already deduced, escaping is impossible. She could out run them in distance, but not from the initial start. They'd catch her, rip her back open with their blades, and end her life before she could reach the cave's exit.

Not Yet Rated!

Hige

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2009, 09:30:08 PM »
So the forehead tattoo doesn't speak for itself...She thought...

With a near smug look crossing her face, she looked at a guard- the one holding onto her right arm. She wiggled it slightly, indicating she needed to move. "I'm sure this may speak for itself."

She reached into a small pouch just behind her right hip, and puling her hand out, with a small scroll inside. Inside was her mission orders from her Master himself. King Aristarchus, one of the most powerful, but less prominent kings of Aden. The leader of the Elite Alliance of Aden, an army of elite soldiers largely underestimated considering their low numbers. She held it out in the palm of her hand, as it was probably only 4 inches wide, and only a little thicker than a roll of quarters. The intention was for the Princess to take it, and open it. When she would open it, she would see that there was nothing on the sheet... But once she opened it, Nariya would press onto it with Psychokinetic force, illuminating some writing, that would sparkle like a glow underneath water.

It is here Nariya, is when you get the chance to again serve your King. I'm sure you know of the rare trade we do with our...far off continental friends. Their communications have ceased, and I've heard rumors of their dissatisfaction with our alchemical artifacts. As usual, I will be unofficially sending you to investigate the problems with our Regal friends. Re-Establish the connection between countries, or send them a message. You've served me well in the past, High Templar Ryyuhou speaks very highly of you. Do not fail me.

--Angry Dwarf King Aristarchus, Valliant General of the Elite Alliance of Aden

Nariya would wait until she took the scroll to do any of this.

Not Yet Rated!

Lone Wolf Jigaru

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2009, 09:52:06 PM »
Jiik-tai smiled sweetly, patting the elf's cheek. "Oh...and if you run, every shadow you encounter will tell us where you are. Just so you don't do anything...foolish." Elghinn chuckled softly, a single gesture waving the female drow away from the elf captive. The male seemed a great deal more relaxed, ven if he was cautious and heavily armed. Where Jiik-tai had that feel that one might get from a venomous snake, that feeling of constant danger...Elghinn was just plain laid back. He and Laohs shared this trait...they were two bad-asses among drow, and they knew it. They did not put forth an act to prove themselves..they just took it easy. "Jiik-tai. That is quite enough. I believe she understands her situation perfectly...besides, this elf will not wish to jeopardize the possible aid we could bring to her mistress...she'll co-operate." Jiik-tai scowled, but stepped back in acquiescence. Elghinn motioned to the cave mouth. "Lead the way, elf."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Shae Dravenmore

• Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2009, 01:10:44 PM »
The guard on her arm only allowed that hand to move once Arani had nodded to allow it, and then all eyes of the guards were on her.  If anything that looked remotely like a weapon was drawn, they would remove her arm from her body.  A guard took the scroll from her with a menacing look, and opened it for himself first, holding it out and pointed away from anyone.  Traps laid in scroll cases or the parchments they held were not unheard of.  Finding nothing written, the man scowled.  "There's nothing here.  She lies."  Already a hand was reaching for his blade, the intent in his eyes to remove the drowess' head, but a motion from the princess stayed his hand, and instead, sullenly, he handed the blank page to his mistress.  It was then that the writing sparkled into life, visible to Arani and those standing by her.  Her face remained impassive, but for the slight narrowing of her eyes at a particular passage...  ...or send them a message.  There was no need to question what that particular order meant.  Thought crossed behind her eyes for a moment, and then she rolled the scroll and turned for the back door.  "Come, all of you.  Allow our guest some courtesy."  Her guards fell in line with the column, and those holding Nariya released her and stepped away, but only a little.  By their hovering at the rear, it was clear she was meant to follow as well.

Aranitessa lead them through the halls of the castle to a more comfortable setting, leaving the cold stone of the lesser receiving hall for the warmth of a study.  Once all were inside and the door secured, she set the scroll on a magnificently carved desk and turned a small glass ball, about the size of her fist, in the stand that held it.  A moment later it began to glow softly white, and those who were sensitive to such things could feel a field enveloping the room, to assure that no words spoken within were heard without.  In the course of their walk, Arani had decided that, no, Nariya was not connected to the two who had attacked.  Neither had she yet 'sent her message.'  She was caught, which meant that she had come hastily without due preparation.  The emissaries of Aden were not found unless they wished it to be so, if all was in order.

Her guards took up posts around the room, used to attending such meetings in the company of the now dead king and his contacts.  "As I am sure you've noticed since you've arrived, my late father is no longer in a position to negotiate trade with your country.  However, as his eyes and ears in many matters he himself could not personally attend to, I can assure you that our trade agreements still stand as established in the most recent contract.  However, as I am sure you have also noticed, the royal family is under attack, by an as yet unknown assailant.  Drow assassins have been hired, and I am the sole remaining member of this house.  So, unless Aristarchus has also extended his hand in alliance to assure that these two do not succeed, then I am afraid that all trade will end with my death."  Such was the situation.  She awaited Nariya's reply.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2009, 07:06:30 PM »
Tera continued to believe she'd slipped into very dangerous hands. Every statement from the drow in front of her is a warning or mortal threat. The two made it very clear that they were not to be taken lightly; however, the continuous threats nudges Tera in the back of her mind. Had these two been tricked before; so much that they'd lay down a law for every breath Tera takes? Tera didn't like the continued physical touch either, especially the pat to the cheek. It was an embarrassment and downright dirty. The female elf makes a mental note; if the time ever came where Jiik-tai would take her final breath, Tera will return the favor.

Out into the forest now, Tera motions the two to run with her because the journey would simply be too long to walk and the two drow have already proven their speed. As the three grow closer to the palace, more and more forest elves can be seen in the surrounding area. Some sit high in the trees, bows and arrows slung over their shoulders. Others sit on the ground with their backs leaned against a tree, some carving blades and others carving the tips for arrows. None stirred as Tera flew by with the two following her. She didn't cry for help so none assumed she is in any danger. Tera knew that if she did cry for help, the two behind her would make it a priority to kill her before attempting to make their escape. Scenario after scenario continued to fail.

The main palace is built into the backside of the cliff leading toward the ocean; its entrance completely out of sight. The small hallway leading to another entrance into the palace is heavily guarded; after all, it is one of several entry and exit points. The area is surrounded by large pillars with vines growing in and about them from their base to the top of their stature. Six of them make the Blue Rose Temple, an entry point to the palace. Arriving at this entrance, Tera is surprised to see Ryuuken standing there in wait with Ira close by. "Lady Ryuuken! I-I," Tera is at a loss for words. True, she hadn't put together any words to speak upon arrival. It slipped her mind.

"Tera, dearest, you truly are quick on your feet."
"I brought...allies! They are the assassins who killed the king and his royal family. I thought perhaps, they might need your assistance," Tera spoke. She wanted to tell the dark elf that the two had threatened her; however, she is afraid. With one quick dash, Tera runs for Ryuuken's backside.

"Tera, there's no need for you to be afraid. I have been eagerly waiting for your return; so much, that look, I've taken it upon myself to leave the palace in search of you. You are safe," Ryuuken's soft words calm the elf down some but she still refuses to show her face from behind Ryuuken. "To what do I owe, this visit," she turns to the two drow standing at the temple's center. Other elves gather around the temple, but none step inside. They wanted the two drow to be aware of their presence while not openly posing a threat.

Not Yet Rated!

Lone Wolf Jigaru

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2009, 07:26:15 PM »
The two drow followed, movements light and quick as they kept pace, following a couple paces behind. Ruby and violet eyes glowed softly, taking note of the elves they passed, the position of guards...everything that cold become an advantage in a trap. Tera was mistaken, however...the two drow had not suffered a betrayal in the past. None would dare...precisely because of the kind of threats that made Tera so fearful. Threats were a precaution meant to establish the sense that one did not want to betray the two. They were careful in all things, because the very society they had emerged from discovered its very foundation in betrayal and deceit...thus, to survive, you had to create contingencies and ensure that none thought to cross you. But, that is beside the point.

The two drow stood now before Ryuuken, Elghinn calm and relaxed with his arms crossed, Jiik-tai straight and proud, exotic dual-blade held loosely by her side in her right hand. It was Jiik-tai who spoke. "I am the one who killed the royal family...and i am told you are invading that very same land. I hired the male as back up because we recieved information that the last of the line, the crown princess, hired additional bodyguards...we discovered them to be another drow and a half-demon. The situation has grown beyond control...a drow and half demon combined with the army of an entire nation is a bit much to deal with. So...we would like your assistance. If you invade, the resulting chaos and withdrawal of soldiers will allow us to engage the two bodyguards without worry of the army. If you require a price for this..then name it." Blunt and direct.

Not Yet Rated!

Hige

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2009, 07:56:28 PM »
Nariya was relieved. She nodded with Aranitessa's wishes, taking a look at her arms as the guards let her free for the moment. She indirectly gestured for the party to follow her. She did as expected, assuming they would discuss matters a bit further.

Entering the room she did feel a strange vibration about the room... A possible enchantment, though Nariya had no idea what. She listened to Arani's words, short and to the point. Just as Nariya preferred as well. No nonsense, and efficient.

"Our King hasn't mentioned a need for an alliance as of yet. Though my King also knows not of the treachery against your Regency here. You certainly have the condolences of myself and Aden's." She said with a half bow, to gesture her sensitivity to her needs. "We can discuss the trade at a later time if you wish. For now, I am at your service until we can set things straight, and confirm the arrangements." She then gave a kneel, pledging herself in temporary service to the princess. She then looked from her kneel to her guard captain, focusing her eyes on her weapons that were confiscated. "Though... Given the circumstances, I may need my... protection.. back. If you would." She quirked an eyebrow on the word 'protection', as it was obvious what she meant. She wanted her daggers and knife back in their rightful homes. In their familiar positions concealed behind her waist crossed at an acute 'x'.

She would remain knelt until she heard the Princess' reactions.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2009, 09:00:48 PM »
"Hm," Ryuuken slightly looks down at the two drow, an expression of curious thought grasping her face. "So you eliminated the mortal line? The princess is all that remains,' Ryuuken reiterates Jiik-tai's words. "She hired two bodyguards, a drow and a half-demon. Hm, I've never seen a demon before."
"Ha, dat means ya failed," Ira snickers from the column to the back-left of Ryuuken with his left knee up, its heel flat against the pillar, and his arms folded across his chest. "To have discovered da enemy and not kill 'em."
"Did you not hear them, Ira? Unexpected. They were wise to retreat," Ryuuken begins taking her steps toward the two drow.
"Ah neva retreat," Ira shouts just as Tera left Ryuuken's back side to his. The dark elf is toward an area Tera would much rather avoid. "But ah think ya have mistaken somethin' somewhere down da line. Ya see, you'll be assistin' us. Ah don't see what ya could provide dat we don't already have."

"Invasion is inevitable," Ryuuken begins to circle the two, starting on the side of Jiik-tai. "Though, this campaign is not mine to decide. It belongs to those around you. It belongs to Tera." As she moves, the two may feel an increase in gravity in its usual direction. It is Ryuuken's Zero Gravity, an acceleration of particles to simulate gravity in a desired direction. "Kindly ask the future queen of these lands whether she desires your assistance."

"We don even know der names! Da drow are dangerous, especially rogue," Ira spits and Ryuuken listens.
"Ah yes, he is right. How unkind of us all not to properly introduce ourselves. I am Ryuuken. Be wise when adding titles before it and comments after it. This is one of the new generals, Ira and the new heir to this kingdom's throne, Tera," Ryuuken motions her hands to Ira and Tera as she finally makes her way around Elghinn. "Tell me your names...please, and whether you are or not of royal blood..."

Not Yet Rated!

Lone Wolf Jigaru

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2009, 12:12:22 AM »
Jiik-tai glanced at Elghinn as Ryuuken finished speaking...both drow had remained silent throughout the ordeal, and as Ryuuken's Zero Gravity took effect...a glowing line snapped itself into being in a circle around the three; Elghinn, Jiik-tai, and Ryuuken. A bubble of faintly glowing blue sprung up around them...the uninspired reaction of Elghinn's many and various wards, creating a small zone around the drow to prevent such outside manipulations upon his person. Jiik-tai quirked a brow, nodding slightly...and now, the male spoke. "My apologies for my lack of politeness in allowing you to manipulate us...my protections activate immediately to anything that could possibly become a threat. I do not know what you did, but be warned, Ryuuken...the next protection that activates might not be so...benign. As it stands, the three of us are now in the sphere of protection...outside influences upon our bodies will be nullified. As for you..." Ruby eyes focused upon Ira, the stare within them so cold and full of lethal promise that it would be impossible for the man, however brave or confident, not to feel the cold tingle of fear down his spine. These were eyes that had seen thousands, possibly millions, to the afterlife in their short time upon the world. "I would strongly advise you not to insult me, you wallowing piece of shit. Learn your place." His eyes turned to Jiik-tai, calm voice unchanging as he smoothly changed to his native tongue. "Usstan irks uns'aa. Usstan xal elgg ukta p'luin ussta contract xuil dos zhah xun fridj p'wal d' nindel." (This one irks me. I might kill him after my contract with you is complete just because of that.) Jiik-tai laughed lightly, making a small gesture as she looked back to Ryuuken. "he is right. Tell the 'future general' to shut his damn mouth. My name is Jiik-tai...no more and no less. My partner is...Elghinn Arisa." She glanced at Ira, disdain evident in her purple eyes. "For you, it means 'Death Stalker.' It is not his natural name, obviously...My advice is that you heed it. The First Matron Mother gave to him because he became feared enough that the popular stories about him involved his stalking and slaying everything from a human child to a god." Her eyes shifted back to Ryuuken. "Also, Ira, you are not the one in charge here. Ryuuken is." She was setting down the line, nothing more. They were sending a message: They would speak to Ryuuken, and people like Ira could go to hell. She spoke directly to Ryuuken, giving a small half-bow. "Usstan kalorin whol l' apparent rrakke...gnats tend ulu irritate udossa. 'zil whol jorosin ilta...xun naut tlu uljabplynn. Udos ph' ghil whol dosst assistance, udossta gultahen zhahen simply wun l' isintolen d' natha bargain. Ka nindel zhah nau isintol ulu dos, t'yin udos zhal plynn udossta sevir lu' kku l' emp'poss whol ussta promised reward...vel'bolen, unfortunately whol dos, zhah l' ves kingdom oltan." (I apologize for the apparent rudeness...gnats tend to irritate us. As for asking her...do not be mistaken. We are here for your assistance, our offers were simply in the interests of a bargain. If that is no interest to you, then we shall take our leave and finish the job for my promised reward...which, unfortunately for you, is the very kingdom itself.) She straightened up, a small smirk on her lips. "Therefore, udossta gultah whol dosst assistance orn'la tlu y'sik simple..l' kingdom. Udos orn'la plynn monetary yaith lu' depart...lu' dos orn'la neitar kyorl uns'aa 'sohna unless dos zhahen belbaun uns'aa natha contract, xor dos zhahen l' target d' ussta contract." (Therefore, our offer for your assistance would be rather simple..the kingdom. We would take monetary pay and depart...and you would never see me again unless you were giving me a contract, or you were the target of my contract.) She arched one eyebrow lightly, Elghinn giving a small smirk, inserting his words again. "So...how about it, Ryuuken?"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Shae Dravenmore

• Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2009, 02:54:17 PM »
"I do not wish condolences, I wish retribution," she snapped, her hand flexing against the top of the desk before she composed herself and stood upright again.  She gestured to her guards with her eyes, and the man extended the confiscated weapons.  "At this moment, I am placing Laohs as head of my immediate security.  It has become apparent that traditional methods have failed.  My personal guard will operate in conjunction with his methods.  If you wish to lend your services to my protection, coordinate with him.  Otherwise, speak with me directly."

Not Yet Rated!

hawkthethird

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »
The drow and the demon followed behind the princess, keeping more than a good amount of space between themselves and the others in the party. As the travelled the halls, Laohs cast his hidden gaze about, casting various looks about her home, many of them the very face of avarice. The drow had a weakness for valuable things, and also comfortable settings. When they entered the study, Falzheim settled for standing near the sealed doorway, while Laohs looked about the room hastily, feigning boredom. For the moment, he wasn't the center of attention, and in circumstances like these, that bothered him. Their trade agreements were somewhat intruging though, and he would later remind himself to ask what exactly it was that they traded.

The two paid no attention to the field, though Laohs made a note to look into purchasing such an orb from the Lady. He'd his own methods of ensuring security, but some were too cumbersome, and with dealings becoming increasingly-

Ah, his name was mentioned and he looked up from the orb, focusing his gaze on the princess. A smiled showed on the mask, as he was nominated Head of Immeadiate Security, an excellent position, no doubt. As though he'd been aiming for a promotion, Laohs offered his thanks with a bow. Had it not been for the mask, he'd have stuck his tongue out at the yong man behind him, and all of the guards.

The character turned his head to regard the psion now, giving her a another once over. "Ah! Telekinetic. You need your protection back for what? Decoration? I've no doubt that you can hold your own in a fight, yes? And without weapons! It's been a while since I've run into someone like you, I do say I miss the thrill." He locked his hands behind his back, shyly kicking at the ground in ront of him, head lowered, as though embarassed. "Quite upset that I was not gifted with such abilities, but to hell with it. Can't have everything." The act he put on, a perpetual show of eccentricity, something he'd been doing for the longest, since he'd been disowned by the Chaulsinn...Though no one really understood why, the idea was that he behaved this way partly to appear incompotent, partly to be unnerving. Whether it worked or not, he'd no idea, but it was fun, and had become a part of the creature's personality.

Falzheim, on the other hand, didn't seem exactly thrilled. He was supposed to have been the only one here, but, Laohs loved to change plans. And while he felt he could easily handle two opponents, even ones as skilled as Jiik-tai and the Death Stalker, having Laohs served as a sort of...guarantee. Even if it meant less satisfaction for Falzheim, his pay was always the same.

"Anyways...quite skilled opponents that we're up against...quite. I'd like to know what they're doing now, preparing to return, with an army and many weapons, probably." He joked, before crossing his arms over his chest and sighing. "So..hm. Princess, I would feel more capable of getting my job done if you weren't in the room...but since yo're the target, that isn't really possible, is it?"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2009, 11:11:15 PM »
Ryuuken's step ceases as the barrier erects itself up and over the three of them. She looks up to the blue dome with curious eyes. She began to wonder why a self-activated barrier would wrap itself around the source of the threat, especially since Ryuuken's Zero Gravity could continue to effect those inside the barrier. Worse, the barrier prevents her power from escaping so the effect of her natural release is almost doubled. The reason is, Ryuuken's Zero Gravity is nullified upon release. "What is the point of this thing here," Ryuuken asks touching the inner walls of the barrier, not necessarily directed at the two drow as they initiated conversation with Ira. She found her finger easily passes through.

Ira's usual lust for battle pushes his lips into a grin; however, he did not raise his voice or bother to reply. His only desire involved physical combat, not vocal combat where the strength of words can be used by anyone. When the conversation turned back to Ryuuken, she turns away from the inner walls of the barrier back to the two drow.

"I thought you might enjoy someone with a tongue like his or would you rather your allies bow down to your every word and presence? That would make them weak," Ryuuken folds her arms across her chest. "Let's not argue though. Most of what you're saying doesn't mean anything to him. History is what we make it right?" Jiik-tai switched the language on the group but every word came across very clearly to the tall female elf standing among them. It continued to put aside everything Ryuuken had said. The two drow appeared as more trouble than she was willing to be involved in but the chaos of two forces attacking the palace at once might surpass that trouble. She wondered whether the two drow were foolish or unbelievably powerful. They stood in the middle of several hundred soldiers ready to depart for a war that draws its motivation from hatred, and spoke down to its leaders. Ryuuken looks down upon the two with unwavering eyes before closing her own and letting out a soft sigh.

"These automated things are such a pain. Barriers are for the weak," Ryuuken's eyes glow every so lightly as her Zero Gravity attempts to reverse the direction of gravity toward the sky; but fails. The barrier prevented the release of power and Ryuuken found it interesting and at the same time, annoying.

"Like I said, invasion is inevitable and I would not mind an alliance, though I am a bit confused," Ryuuken states passing through the barrier to make her way back toward the entry way after finding her ability to manipulate gravity had returned. "Why should I pay you for a kingdom that my forces will have control over? Why should I pay you for assistance you are requesting of me? It doesn't quite add up, right," Ryuuken passes her slender fingers down the cheek of one of the elven warriors. "The kingdom is yours to do with as you please. The only thing we request is that you and all else remain outside this forest. Is that right, Tera?" Tera, having stood behind Ira the entire time, nods her head. "There you have it. Do we have a deal, Jiik-tai and Elghinn Arisa the Death Stalker?"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:30:01 AM by Phantom Knight Drake »

Not Yet Rated!

Hige

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2009, 11:15:23 PM »
She nodded to the Princess, avoiding saying a few choice words to her. She had to remember that she was an emissary, and not her own master. She felt a sight of relief begin to weight upon her chest as the guard held out her items. Her blades wrapped in her cloak/coat. She took hold of the cloak with both hands, as to not damage the fabric with the blades inside. She heard one of the hired blades speak up to her. This time it was the Drow.

"I find myself more attuned to the steel. It takes more skill to cut someone down than it does to riddle them with psionic blasts, or tear them apart." She looked to Laohs sheathing her daggers, and replacing her knife. She returned her cloak to it's rightful place upon her back, as well. Once everything was in place, she cocked her head looking at him.

"I was born with the ability. Though I do not rely on it." She watched him act almost childlike, embarrassed about not being born with the ability she was born with. She didn't exactly know what to think of him. Has this one spent too much time in the sun? She thought to herself. He was indeed eccentric. Though, the thought passed, and her attention was brought to the attention of the other...intruders. Yes, that's right, i heard them fighting earlier... Were they the assassins??

"So, if you two were hired as protection, I could be a good set of eyes from the shadows... I could watch the gates, or keep an eye on the keep from a tower. I have a sort of... Knack for finding people when they don't want to be found."

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 20, 2018, 07:16:39 PM]

Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 19, 2018, 09:03:11 PM]

[May 19, 2018, 08:16:30 AM]

[May 19, 2018, 12:47:30 AM]

[May 19, 2018, 12:32:27 AM]

[May 19, 2018, 12:21:34 AM]

[May 18, 2018, 11:44:55 PM]

[May 18, 2018, 11:08:14 PM]

[May 18, 2018, 09:07:24 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:48:39 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:38:05 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:10:44 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:06:29 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 10:33:01 PM]

[May 11, 2018, 09:32:31 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube