collapse

Author Topic: Shadow Hunter  (Read 15465 times)

Description:

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline AnEmperor

  • Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
  • *
  • Posts: 318
  • Karma: 8
  • Gender: Male
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 12:56:04 PM »
No matter how Tera attempted to bring light to the situation, she could not absolve the humans of their habitual crimes. Furthermore, during the brief periods where her controversy settled, she wondered where the need to explain their actions came from. She couldn't completely control the thoughts and when she caught herself in the act, she was able to repel them easily. To her, it felt like a distant memory she couldn't help but reminisce about time and time again, and that bothered her. Tera placed trust in her steed to keep them alive as she closed her eyes for a moment to capture that voice chiming in the back of her mind. It was soft, it was low, and it was not hers. Tera's eyes open abruptly, her body jerking slightly almost throwing her off the platform she lie on. The voice was not hers. It wasn't so much that the voice was a silent whisper where the tone could vary--no, the entire manner of speech, use of words, and tone of voice is different. Moments later, Tera seemingly snaps out of her state of mind. She can't recall whether what's transpired in the past couple minutes was dream or reality.

"She's awake," the voice comes again. Tera's eyes shift slightly to her left, the carriage she rides upon bumping and squeaking along the trail. "Are you okay? Would you like some water," a pair of hazel eyes with brown locks falling around her cheek's bones look down upon Tera, perhaps a little too close for the elf's comfort. Tera scurries back and after discovering that anymore movement would throw her off the bed, she scurries in the opposite direction and to the right where she finishes her panicked state by sitting upright against the right side of the wagon. "Woohoo, she's very lively father!"

"I told you not to worry Margaret. She just need some rest is all!" Tera glances at the coachmen, whose body is slumped forward as he holds on to the reigns. The man may have frightened Tera slightly for a moment. She is not accustomed to being witness to such old age. "Where are you headed to young lady?"

"To that kingdom with no name, just over the hills," Tera responds after several minutes of deciding whether she should or not. Looking over to her right side, Tera now notices her own horse following suit, its reigns tied to a post near the front of the carriage.

"You should be careful, maybe even reconsider," Margaret's father continues to shout as if he gauged his vocal power based on what he could actually hear, then beefed it some more to ensure it reached the back of the cart. His hearing is poor thus his voice is loud. "There's been many a trial there lately. Kindly take no offense, they might not let your kind in especially since I hear it be a drow that caused the ruckus."

"I am not a drow, I am a forest elf," Tera made her species very clear. "And I need to get into the kingdom. My brother is sick and the medicine is there," Tera quickly fabricated a reason. If the girl in front of her held any intelligence, she might have noticed Tera stumble on the words; however, the young lass is more interested in Tera's ears than what Tera was actually saying.

"Well then, I can't turn down a damsel in distress! You've got yourself a ride little lady!" Tera releases a sigh of relief after his words. She wouldn't correct him on his label, 'little lady', because Tera was more than a hundred years of age even if she didn't show it, physically or mentally. Perhaps now, passage into the kingdom would be easy granted no other pressing inquiries took place between now and then.

"What's your name," the young girl, perhaps sixteen years of age, asks Tera with a slight giddiness. Tera did not want to respond but she recalls something about the humans she can not let pass; that is, their unwavering passion to protect their own. If Tera turned this girl down, her father may be upset. "What's your brother's name? How old is he?" Tera realized that her half day's ride to the kingdom will feel like an eternity.

(ooc: I hope I didn't just miss the name of this kingdom)

Hige

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 01:53:36 PM »
[i tried to post this last night... apparently it didn't go through.]

Swallowing hard, Nariya tried to think fast...

How did he...? Repeated through her mind in several different arrangements, and languages. A few choice words included. Her pupils dilated with adrenaline. Would she fight, or flee? She had previously internally jested about disposing of a few choice guards, but would that really be necessary- or even looked upon highly by her superiors? She was at the rank in her clan to be able to hide from the guards, but here might not provide enough cover. If she could only incapacitate them..... No... Too risky, she could be mortally wounded in that process... She may have to sink and use her last resort... She didn't know much magic other than perfecting what she had at her academy. Honing her telekenetic and base psychic powers... Notable here, her psychic/telekenetic waves. It would feel like an invisible boulder crashing into the lot.... But was the energy worth it?

Argh she growled in her mind... only making a slight "Tch!" sound audibly as she could hear footsteps cludding against the stone and lightly carpeted ground, as well as rattling of chain or armor, swords, she couldn't tell exactly.. Thinking time was over.

No plan?

...Retreat for now!

Naria dropped from the wall with a slight rustle of her cloak, and the double tap of her leathered feet to the ground, before pushing herself back up, and running in the opposite direction of the footsteps. She couldn't tell how many there were- she didn't have time to concentrate. Attempting to concentrate on where she was in relation to the rest of the castle was hard enough- as well as keeping an awareness of other guards in case she ran down a wrong hallway. She was at a great disadvantage, as she didn't know where the halls would lead her. Between a rock and a hard place...

How in the gods did they spot me? kept pestering her thought process, as well..

Then a quick isolated thought came to her mind as she turned down a hallway, like an echo of shattering glass in silence....

...

Bargain?  Would it work...?

...She needed more of what she didn't have... Time.

The elite guard was closing on her quickly. She could hear their voices, but the sound of her own racing thoughts drowned those out. She placed her hands inside her cloak in case she needed to draw out... her two daggers, and single, normal tanto were the only blades she had on her. If it hadn't rained on her way in, she could have certainly used powdered flash and smoke to toss to the ground.... or even a smoke bomb. No such luck, eh?

hawkthethird

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 06:46:54 PM »
       There wasn
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:56:20 PM by hawkthethird »

Lone Wolf Jigaru

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 07:24:24 PM »
The globe dropped once Jiik-tai's swing completed...just in time for her to witness the human mercenary change shape. The female smiled ruefully, remaining in her low stance, spinning her weapon between her hands and around her body in a graceful demonstration of familiarity. "Oh my....I missed. And I can't pull the total silence spell again for the rest of the day...what a shame. I suppose I must congratulate you, Princess...you seem far better suited to fighting than anyone else from your pathetic bloodline. In fact...your brother was too busy begging me for his life to put up much of a fight. Amusing, in a pathetic kind of way." She made a short hop back, then leapt, executing a pirouette backwards, placing the ring of guards between herself and the demon. However, behind the calm mask, her mind was racing. A demon I can handle, but it's presence will cause unnecessary complications. By rights, we should pull out now...but that will allow the Princess to gather more mercenaries like these two around her. No...we must try to take her out now. Damn. She narrowed her eyes, glaring at her opponent. This one was not the same as a drow...he lacked the elegant humor and wit that Elghinn and Laohs exchanged. He simply wanted to kill. She waited like that, wanting to see what would happen...would the bewildered guards or the demon come after her first?

Elghinn Also turned to observe, creating a temporary truce between the two drow. "Fascinating. A shame that my lovely partner missed, however...though I suppose you would disagree." He lifted his right hand in a gesture of acknowledgment, that confident little smirk tugging at his lips again. "Your thanks? Odd, I figured you wanted to live, but here you are...thanking me for coming to kill you. Very...strange." He casually reached up, as though to fold his arms over his chest...but instead, gripped the handles of the daggers that were beneath his forearms, tugging them free. Like all of the pair's weapons, it seemed, the edges of the blade had that same, blood-red glow. He spun them around once, shifting into a crouch as he lifted the two small weapons before him in yet another stance to make the best use of his weapons and body. "You know what, Laohs...I think I actually like you. So, I'll make things interesting and let you in on a little secret...if my blades draw even a drop of blood, if they so much as brush an open wound...your death will be unavoidable. All of my weapons are coated with a special poison that I created myself...there is no antidote, no magical cure. Perhaps a cleric could heal you, but considering how fast it kills...I don't think you would live long enough to find a cleric." He chuckled softly. "So...shall we continue, then?"

hawkthethird

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 08:12:44 PM »
        A low growl indicated that it would be the latter to strike first. He opened the black maw further, snapped it shut, then opened his mouth again. A sick cough gurgled from his throat, spewing large globs of sticky, brown goo at the female drow. Whatever they contacted they'd immediately cling to, proving to be an immensely heavy, incapacitating and unforgiving substance. It reeked of decaying bodies, that same stench that a decaying ghoul carried along. This was followed by a more forceful cough, resulting in the expulsion of black acid, not at strong as the stuff that had dribbled form his mouth, but still voraciously corrosive. The demon hadn

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 12:43:23 AM »
There had been momentary horror as the man before her shifted into a monster.  Never before had she seen such a creature, the likes of which only nightmares could concoct.  She was grateful to know he was loyal to her campaign; or at least to her coin.  That horror quickly melted into anger as the drowess spoke.  "You will find that I am not so easily convinced to roll over and die.  Whatever ease you found when you murdered my family, you will face the dire consequences this day."  Her spine was rigid and her voice was venom.  Arani did not deign to even acknowledge her cowardly words about her late brother.  She waited, stone still, but muscles tense and ready.  As much as she may have wished to act, now was not the time.  If her hired guards failed, then it would be down to her soldiers, and if need be, to herself.  Though she had no doubts that if it came down to herself and either of these two, it would only be a short time before her fate emulated that of her father and brother.

Lone Wolf Jigaru

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 08:28:44 AM »
Jiik-tai once more displayed her acrobatic skills, commencing a series af swift handsprings backwards to avoid the demon's assault. The soldiers between her and the demon flinched, rippling apart hurriedly to reform around the princess...after all, it was doubtful they wanted any part in this duel (Sorry for taking control and all, Shae. please dun hurt meh!) She laughed softly, giving a small bow as the torch light flickered along her sleek form. "A demon and drow as mercenaries? Very resourceful of you, Princess. But...there is no escape. Your bravado, like your broher's and your father's before you, will melt into the agonized screams for mercy when I finally get to you. So be a good girl and stay there, hm?" Even as she spoke, her blade-staff was spinning around her body in a blur, her eyes remaining focused on the problem...and, despite her bravado, she was beginning to doubt the success of this particular attack...She, at least, was not prepared to fight a demon tonight. That was it, then...nothing for it.

Elghinn simply smirked, glancing back towards Jiik-tai, who flicked her hair back over her shoulder as they made eye contact. "Hnh. Impressive as your trick is, It seems we are done for now. I suppose your pet took her by surprise...no matter. We will return..." His lips parted in a savage grin..a couple short hops back and he gave a flourishing bow, slipping the daggers back into their scabbards before vanishing amongst the shadows....even if Laohs was highly attuned to such things, once Elghinn reached the Plane of Shadow, he would seem to disappear from the masked one's radar, so to speak...after all, if nothing else he and his partner had themselves demonstrated quite the affinity with the darkness, as well. Not enough to track people the way Laohs could, but enough to conceal themselves from trackers, as well travel through. Jiik-tai had simultaneously slapped the ground, creating another sphere of the 'detached' darkness...this one was massive, encompassing the entire room. When it dropped a bare three seconds later (it was difficult to maintain over such a large area), Jiik-tai was also gone, having retreated back through the torch and then mimicking Elghinn's shadow-walk to avoid tracing.
No matter how good the pair might be, after all, they were up against a drow, who was at least Elghinn's equal, and a demon. Death would not bring the contract to a successful close...therefore, the logical thing was to pull back and regroup.

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »
((I thought all the guards were behind Falz?  No worries.  :) ))

In the darkness the ring of steel being bared sounded once more, though from an unsuspected source.  After all, three seconds was more than enough time to arm oneself, or more than enough time for a sudden attack to be made.  But the attack never came, and when the light returned, Princess Arani herself was bearing a short sword, the folds of her skirt still rustling back into place from the rapid draw, her stance ready for defense.  It may have been considered an offhand weapon for any of the others there, but for her size, being slight of frame and hardly reaching the shoulders of the men around her, it was an appropriate weapon.  Keen eyes darted about, and muscles began to slowly relax when no sign of her attackers presented itself.  "Search the grounds.  If they are spotted, sound the alarm, but do not engage.  And find out who the third in the hall is."  Her voice was tired, as if this all were wearisome, and two more guards broke away from the fold.  Arani returned the blade to the sheath hidden within her skirts, and faced the two mercenaries once more.  A moment later, she lifted the veil from her face and gazed upon them directly.  She was young, more so than her actions and demeanor placed her; her face was soft, that of a girl who had barely reached womanhood.  But despite the youth of her face, her eyes were clear and full of intelligence.  "We have seen the faces of my assassins and guaged their skills.  I would hear your thoughts on the matter."

Lone Wolf Jigaru

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 11:54:42 AM »
((Not posting yet, I'll wait for the others...bot no, Jiik basically moved inside of the guards' ring to attack you, Falz charged through to get to her, and she jumped back outside of the ring...so the guards were between her and falz XD))

Hige

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 07:13:44 PM »
The guards about rounded the corner before Nariya stepped out from the wall, and presented herself in the hallway. Arms out- fingers spread.

"Hold!" The first two guards approached her- swords pointing to her throat. They signaled for another to approach her- and search her for weapons. He was older than the two holding her up- maybe a ranking officer. "Are you armed?" He asked, approaching her slowly- his scruffy looking face, and pulled back hair showingin the low light now. He sheathed his sword and emerged from behind the two guards holding their steel to Nariya.

"...yes."
Nariya willingly opened her cloak- and the soldier searched her- removing her double daggers, and tanto. He took a few seconds too long searching her body, and Nariya narrowed her eyes at him. "Looks like we have another assassin on our hands, boys.", brief banter ensued between the hand full of guards behind him.

"I need to speak with your princess, immediately." Nariya growled, not liking the intention in their voices... The two soldiers holding their blades out sheathed them, and each took hold of one of Nariya's arms.

"Oh, you're going to see her in a moment, anyhow." The 'lead' man said, taking a step forward.. a little too close for Nariya's comfort. The two men arresting her sighed, and the others surrounded her, getting ready to escort her back to the study. Their long garments flowed in their movements- pacing quickly back down the hall, roughly pulling Nariya in tow. Nariya was surprisingly not worried at the moment.

She was playing it all by ear now, and had no idea what she would do once they opened that door, to reveal the princess, and the rest of her elite guard, and her two abnormal mercenary guardsmen. She just hoped her nerves didn't hit her once she entered the chamber. She inhaled deeply, just before the small party reached the door, opening it...

Offline AnEmperor

  • Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
  • *
  • Posts: 318
  • Karma: 8
  • Gender: Male
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2009, 09:05:01 PM »
A bump in the road followed by a bump to Tera's head leaning against the side of the cart. When had she fallen asleep? The old man laughs apologetically shuffling his right hand through what little hair remained on his head. Tera lowers her eyes from high alert to a soft sigh of relief--no danger present. Bringing her attention toward her front, Tera is greeted by Margaret carrying a large grin on her face. Catching Tera's eyes; however, is the kingdom Temloc.

"Huh," Tera's jaw drops as she scurries toward the front of the cart to ask Margaret's father how long she'd slept.
"Only a bit child! I'm an old man! What have I better to do than find shortcuts," the man laughs again. While Tera would like to question this shortcut taken, she settles on the fact that she would not have known of such a path; after all, she hasn't been to Temloc in ages. The walls are just as she remembers them if not larger. If it was anything the human kingdoms prided on, it is their walls. Sure, the well laid stone stretches several thousand kilometers around the kingdom, reaches for the heavens at several hundred feet high, and provides, perhaps, one of the best defenses in the land; however, the wall is a one-way mirror that allows the humans to look out and pry into the lives of others and forces these others, to look upon themselves. These are the thoughts clouding Tera's mind as the kingdom grows near.

"Place that hood there on your head. You are my daughter to enter. The guards are hard pressed at the gates but once in, you shouldn't have any trouble," the man turns slightly to get a glimpse of Tera's face one last time.
"Aye, many thanks," Tera nods, reaching her short thin fingers around her collar to bring the hood up and over her head.
"You should visit sometime," Margaret states with glee, bouncing her head up and down then shying away from her sudden act. Tera nods the same and Margaret will have never known she was being mocked.

"Hold there," the guards bring the cart to a halt, as expected. The high walls of Temloc places a cool shadow over Tera's back but the shade never bothered her; after all, the trees in the forest gave her much shade. She looks up at the wall in a direction away from the guard who tends to the old man's paperwork, and narrows her eyes at the top. Making the reference to the trees, Tera mumbles, "These walls don't give life."

(ooc: POST POST POST!)

hawkthethird

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2009, 06:26:32 PM »
Laohs, the features of his mask marked with more than a little disappointment, began making his way across the room to Falz. Though they had indeed disappeared through the shadows, he found that it was impossible to tell where they
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:52:13 PM by hawkthethird »

Lone Wolf Jigaru

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 09:48:14 PM »
Two thumps on the wagon and the blur of dark forms signified the appearance of Jiik-tai and Elghinn, springing from the shadows of the Temloc walls to rebound off the cart and sprint away into the distance. The guards would not bother to pursue; their heavy armor meant that they would never catch the two swiftly fleeing figures. A few minutes later, the two had vanished into the tree line, and about twenty minutes after that, they had scouted out a nicely cozy cave-like burrow...probably the hibernation spot of some bear or other large animal. Settling down here, the two crouched, comfortable in the darkness. Elghinn was the first to speak.
"Why did we leave? And why did you not stick to the plan? You were supposed to wait until I had engaged or eliminated both of the mercenary guards before you attacked." His voice lacked anger, or really any emotion at all. This was business talk, after all. Jiik-tai just scowled across the darkness at him.
"You saw the second one...demon-kin. He could sense my scrying, and I had no definite knowledge as to whether or not he would be able to find my precise location if I continued to scry; when I stopped he already had it figured out that I was in the castle. I figured he might just be a talented human, so I decided to launch the attempt and hope for a swift kill...but she dodged it. Barely. Pity, if I was using your poison she would be dead now. I was not at all prepared for one of demon blood, though...if we did not withdraw, the whole thing would have failed. It is no matter...I trust you find the drow a worthy opponent?" Elghinn's grin was all the answer she needed. She smirked.
"Perfect. Now....we should work out a new plan, quickly, so that we can strike again while they think they have time." She grinned savagely. "Or maybe I'll get lucky and they'll just give me a better price to work for them." A true drow, she was proud, vicious, beautiful....and would betray at the drop of a hat if she had more to gain.

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »
She snorted softly.  "Your hopes and mine do not entirely align.  So long as my life is preserved, then the methods of their defeat are up to you."  His questions were of interest to her as well.  Her father was a good king, with many alliances, and few enemies; at least, few with any massing of coin that would suffice to hire such assassins.  "If, or rather, when they return, before you kill them, I would know who hired them.  It may yet result in another job for your guild..."  He was a mercenary; promising coin was the best way of encouraging him to get some information before killing their opponents.  She appreciated his skills; however, Arani did not fully appreciate his amusement. 
"Perhaps my situation places me in a position of limited observance, but I fail to find the humor in this situation that so clearly grasps you."  The yawn was almost overkill.  There was still a third unknown person out there, who very well may be another assassin, and he was bored!  She pressed a hand to her back again, and slapped away the fawning guards and ignored their insistent murmurings to take her to the healer.  In the end, they sent for the healer, since she stubbornly refused to leave until the last assassin was taken care of.  The wound was already clotting, and were there poison in the rent, no doubt she would have noticed by now.  She regarded the fresh blood on her fingers with annoyance, and wiped it on a kerchief.  "I do not know who has hired them, or why they are seeking to eradicate my line, but no doubt they will return.  What are your needs to prepare for the next attempt?"

Offline AnEmperor

  • Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
  • *
  • Posts: 318
  • Karma: 8
  • Gender: Male
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2009, 03:57:45 PM »
Goosebumps race up Tera's arms at the sudden flash of darkness, a kick to the wagon, and the silence that soon followed. She had been in deep thought and rudely disturbed. The old man at the reigns of the wagon said nothing, in fact, he might not have even noticed. Margaret screamed for lack of a better response. Tera thought to follow; she knew she could catch up, or at the very least, keep them in her sights; but the series of goosebumps that had just moments ago crawled up her skin convinced her otherwise or did they? Tera leaps from the cart with generous words rolling off her tongue as she dashes after the two shadows. Much to her displeasure, Tera had lost sight of them. It wasn't that she'd fallen too far behind, more that their dark vanished from sight.

Still, Tera is a forest elf and she would squat in her position to begin tracking. The idea seemed simple at first but it grew difficult with more thought. Tera could tell they were not human. The distance between one step to the next was too long; humans, although running, didn't take long strides, but multiple short steps. Furthermore, humans run with the weight of the world on their shoulders, the tracks before her were light. Had she not been a forest elf--had she not known the way the leaves fall and what creature could stir them about, she would not have been able to track them.

Once the cave came in sight, Tera assumed they'd entered. She didn't want to disturb them, she simply wanted to listen. Tera takes cautious steps into the cave, the voices therein growing louder and louder. They appeared to be in a discussion but it appears that Tera missed the introduction of its topic. She is a messenger--trained and revered for delivering the words precisely but never to decipher its contents. The elf didn't care, she'd report to Ryuuken the last of their words and have the new council member decipher its contents. "...strike again while they think they have time. Or maybe I'll get lucky and they'll just give me a better price to work for them." Satisfied, Tera turns on her heels and begins to make her exit.

(ooc: OOOOH, I deviated from original plan because Tera was getting lonely lol )

Lone Wolf Jigaru

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2009, 04:39:27 PM »
Tera had made a mistake...she had pursued targets that she did not fully understand. The two drow she had tracked were outcasts and highly skilled assassins from a society that prized assassination and deceit, a society as unforgiving to its outcasts as it was to its enemies. These two drow, and likely Laohs as well, had long ago developed keen senses to aid in their survival...and a small dose of paranoia and the trusting of gut instincts didn't hurt much, either.It would be as Tera was turning that she would hear a sudden, and rather unpleasant, shift in the conversation. Jiik-tai's voice would state, quite clearly, "There is a spy. Find them." And a moment after, the two shadows flashed from the cave. It was not so much that they had heard the elf; such a thing would have been almost impossible.This was, after all, Tera's home ground, not theirs. It was more of that sixth sense that said there was a unwelcome guest about, someone who did not belong. The forest elf would find herself flanked by the two drow, who seemed quite surprised to find her so close to them. They glanced at one another, and it was Elghinn who next spoke.
"She got this close without us knowing...and from the looks, we didn't notice until she was leaving. Either we are careless, or she is dangerous. You're the one in charge on this job, Jiik-tai. What should we do with her?" It was, at least, slightly reassuring that neither assassin went for their weapons. Jiik-tai shrugged, studyingher quietly. "She isn't from Queen,I don't think...she probably would have tried to kill us, otherwise. Who are you, girl? Speak fast, you might want to stay in our good graces if you don't want us to kill you." As far as their nonchalance and utter lack of complete hatred....as before stated, they were outcast. Something like the 'natural hatred of wood elves' really didn't concern them...after all, even wood elves could give them business on occasion.

(lol...well, I hope that solves your loneliness problem XD)

Hige

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 01:20:38 PM »
Two guards stood in front of her as they tossed the door open rather abruptly to the study the other three were in.

They filed in, standing on either side of the door, and then Nariya and her two 'escorts, two strong hands holding her arms. She was not struggling with them upon entrance. They walked her a few steps inside the room, and the last few filed themselves in, taking precautionary maneuvers, the leader walking a few steps ahead of Nariya and her captors.

"Princess." He said- taking a slight bow. "We found the intruder. Armed with only a few daggers. She says she'd like to speak to you- but she appears to be an assassin. If you want i could take her to the holding cells in the guard building?" He presented his right hand- holding two curved daggers and a single edged knife.

Nariya stood straight, and bowed her head as she saw the Princess, speaking not a word. Her soft face showing no amusement, nor displeasure. Her smoke and dark violet lined gray eyes looked to no one but the princess. It was apparent she was Elvish. Dark elvish- though not the same sort of breed as the typical 'Drow'... Though they would probably assume otherwise, seeing as she had darker skin- and pure white hair.

The mark on her forehead shined apparent under the new light they were in, classifying her as a telekinetic in her country. She could easily send a shockwave throughout the room, leveling the guards, and everyone else in the room- though how would that look on her? and her country she represented? Nariya played a few scenes in her head, and awaited the Princess to make a decision.

Nariya had no idea if the Princess would know of the country she represented. Her country dealt with her Father mostly under wraps. She could only hope she knew- that was her only credible source. They had dealt with her royal family for years, rare and lucrative trades...


Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2009, 01:57:22 PM »
((Would Nariya have ever met directly with the king, or is she just a messenger sent to find out what's happened?  And is her armor distinctive to where she's from?))

hawkthethird

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »
Laohs turned to her, dark hands in his pockets.

Hige

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2009, 07:33:46 PM »
[[OOC: i didn't actually mean to post that photo...hah. The light armor she wears is pretty much unique to anyone, but the style is reminiscent to her country/continent of 'Aden'... Though on her Daggers, the handle have the symbol of her City- a tribal designed Waning Crescent moon. And no, SHE had never met with the King herself, personally. Though i'm sure she's been a sort of bodyguard for the convoys that have entered and exited the castle gates. ]]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 07:37:42 PM by Hige »

Offline Shae Dravenmore

  • Master Procrastinator
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Count/Countess
  • *
  • Posts: 2312
  • Karma: 12
  • Gender: Female
  • Life is an open beta test.
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 12:56:07 AM »
Her attention snapped to the doors as the guards returned, their captive in town, and her spine stiffened.  Three drow?  Was she really considered so troublesome a target?  Or was there more that they knew, other than her being the last living member of her family's line?  The last drew lines of concern briefly around her eyes, before they smoothed away once more.  But why allow herself to be captured?

The princess looked at the presented weapons, and once more her eyes narrowed as she laid her eyes upon the sigils adorning the hilts.  She had seen them before.  Indeed, she knew those symbols well.  But, that was her secret...  Arani's gaze leaped to Nariya, her expression hardening into suspicion.  "Who are you?  Who has sent you?"  Had her father's allies in Aden turned their backs?  Surely their trading partners would not set assassins on her family...would they?  At this point, they were without leads.  Best to assume everyone to be a suspect, until things became more clear.

Offline AnEmperor

  • Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
  • *
  • Posts: 318
  • Karma: 8
  • Gender: Male
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 01:29:22 AM »
Run. Her mind repeated the word in every synonym and language known to the elf; however, there is nowhere to run. Tera has incredible speed, not acceleration, and her agility is only as good as the surroundings allow. The two had flanked her and suddenly, entering the cave became a bad idea.

"I-I took a wrong turn. I didn't-I was passing by and I heard voices so I started to leave," Tera's words break apart amidst the two drow's conversation. After hearing the threat soon after, Tera knew the hourglass would be turned upside down; however, the two drow had yet to draw their weapon.

"Don't be foolish, with their speed, they might have already slit your throat," the back of Tera's mind pulses as her hands jump to her neck, her eyes widen, and her breathing hits a bump in the road. Nothing. Her skin is as smooth as always and nothing thick streamed down her neckline. She slowly brings her hands back to her sides and looks Jiik-tai in the eyes. They won't kill her, is what Tera would like to think. Tera knows she is there for a reason and the two before her would like to know it as well. She thought it best to make her position appear important to their well-being.

"Tera...my name is Tera. Please don't kill me," Tera makes a small plea, her eyes shifting to their corners to ensure Elghinn had not yet drawn his weapon either. "I'm not dangerous. Are we not brethren," she asks even though the soul resonating from her body is human.

(ooc: yes! can't you see how excited she is :-) )

Lone Wolf Jigaru

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 06:01:15 AM »
At the elf's plea for mercy, the two drow shared a look, laughing softly. A rapid exchange occurred in their own language; too rapid even for some other drow to follow, and seemingly comprised of random words that formed no meaning whatsoever....in other words, a code the two had developed. Jiik-tai nodded once in finality to whatever Elghinn had said, moving forward to stand just before the elf, only inches away. From this distance, the 'decorative' spikes that graced her armor would probably seem..rather more threatening. Reaching out one slender hand, the female drow ran her fingertip along the elf's features, from the tip of her left ear, tracing along the jaw, and over the lips, where she paused and applied some pressure. The meaning was simple enough: stop trying to babble your way out. "You seem to think us stupid, merciful, or both. You are wrong. We claim no others as our 'brethren', and even if we did, we would kill them without a second thought if they posed a threat or irritation. Now then...I want the truth from you. Why are you here? I know you didn't find us by accident; if that were the case we would have heard you approach. Rather, you were tracking us, using stealth...which means that right now, you are an enemy. Speak...unless torture is preferable to you?" A gentle smirk touched the drow's lips, purple eyes narrowing in threat as she drew her hand from the wood elf's lips.

(:P yes, she seems rather overjoyed lol)

Offline AnEmperor

  • Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
  • *
  • Posts: 318
  • Karma: 8
  • Gender: Male
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 12:38:44 PM »
Tera's concern over her own safety escalates when the two beginning speaking in a tongue she is unfamiliar with. As a messenger, Tera has passed the message along in whatever language was instructed of her, which pushed her to learn many languages. Her next wave of thoughts draws the conclusion that perhaps they were casting a spell, or worse, placing her under a curse. As the drow grew close, Tera commands her feet to step back. No response.

Jiik-tai hit the nail on the head with profound accuracy. In that moment, the drow brought everything to a sound conclusion without any fault. A second wave of goosebumps run up Tera's back, a delayed reaction to the Jiik-tai's touch, before the fear of death surrounding her causes her vocals to explode. "I'm just a messenger who was sent by my lady mistress high council member to gather the state of the kingdom after hearing about the deaths of the royal family and the failure to have the princess suffer the same fate and I was on my way into the kingdom when I saw two suspicious--elegant beings pass me by whom seemed like a good source of information since the man I was in the cart with said the assassin is an elf of some nature and I put two and two together and followed them to this cave and realized it was a mistake so I started to turn around to leave and you caught me and please don't kill me..." Tera's words are a mouthful in the mere seconds she took to run through the past day's events but she still couldn't bring herself to breathe appropriately afterward. "Can I go now? I don't know who you are. I won't tell anyone. Warning--yes, I came to warn you as well. Milady's forces will be moving through here soon so you should leave or you'll be caught in the middle!"

Lone Wolf Jigaru

  • Guest
Re: Shadow Hunter
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 03:22:46 PM »
Jiik-tai shared another glance with Elghinn, slender left eyebrow arched lightly. "Calm down. Killing you would be a waste of time and effort. Keep answering our questions and your life will be your reward...fail, and you will die. It's a simple enough deal. Oh, yes....you were correct in believing us to be a source of information, since I'm the one who killed the rest of the royal family. The princess, however...has hired some formidable guards. Even with the partner I hired out for this specific kill, they took us by surprise. We came here to regroup and you found us. Now then...Who is your mistress? Are you from a rival territory? \Give me a description of the forces that are mobilized, as well as their intent. And your full name, as well." After all, if it turned out miss Messenger girl here was lying, she would need to be found for her....punishment. Right? As Jiik-tai interrogated the terrified captive, Elghinn simply folded his arms across his chest with a sigh, settling himself in for the wait...which also placed his hands conveniently close to the handles of the daggers sheathed beneath his forearms. Just in case.

 

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

 
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

  • Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 20, 2018, 07:16:39 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 19, 2018, 09:03:11 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 19, 2018, 08:16:30 AM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 19, 2018, 12:47:30 AM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 19, 2018, 12:32:27 AM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 19, 2018, 12:21:34 AM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 18, 2018, 11:44:55 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 18, 2018, 11:08:14 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 18, 2018, 09:07:24 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 17, 2018, 11:48:39 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 17, 2018, 11:38:05 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 17, 2018, 11:10:44 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 17, 2018, 11:06:29 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 17, 2018, 10:33:01 PM]


Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 11, 2018, 09:32:31 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube