collapse

Author Topic: Dark Before Dawn  (Read 6903 times)

Description:

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

Dark Before Dawn
« on: December 06, 2008, 11:59:54 AM »
(OCC: Continued from 'Dark Waters' Though if anyone else wants to join, they just need to PM me.)

Terra still to this day didn't understand why her family had to be the one to suffer, why almost all of them had been kilied while she lived on. She didn't consider herself a bad person, she helped when she was able and sometimes when she wasn't. Her family and friends were people she usually put ahead of herself and she always looked after those who close to her. Yet despite all this, they had been stripped from her in one single horrible instant just as easily as they had came into her life.

Logically, she knew life was unfair and being a good or bad person was no real indication that things would always be fair to either party. Despite this she couldn't stop wondering about some misdeed she had done in the past that may have at least half-way warranted such a thing; but nothing came to her mind.

This helplessness and dispair had nearly pushed her over the edge to the point of almost taking her own life, and if it weren't for a certain stranger she wouldn't be here right now. Aidan was his name. She didn't know that much about him still, at least it seemed that way. At the beginning, a irrational part of her had been angry at the intrusion that would allow her peace, but her perspective changed once she was able to settle down. Her family wouldn't want her to meet them that way. Not to mention Emanulle and Keshayla would probably never forgive her for it if she had done what she set out to do.

Dressed in a black trenchcoat with a large sword strapped underneath, most people looking at her now would have never really guessed that she was a teacher. It was hard enough imagining that; much less what she actually was.

The demoness arrived at Aidan's place, hand hovering over the door, hesitating, before knocking softly.

Many strange thing's were going on, and now more then ever, they needed to talk.

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

Re: Dark Before Dawn
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »
Aiden's place, at the moment, was a warehouse loft.  The warehouse below was rarely used, an overflow storage area for what was once a large shipping company which was suffering a bit of a decline of late, leaving the storage space below mostly empty save for stacks of decades-old and quite empty wooden crates.  That portion was little more then a two-story high and very large open room, with stairs and an old elevator that went up to a hallway on the enclosed third floor.  Here, old offices were locked tight, and only one door showed any signs of use.  Newer then the others, a sturdy metal fire door complete with a high-quality bolt lock that was out of place for such an old building.

Beyond the door was a single room much in size to the storage area below.  Again two stories high and quite open save for a broad cat-walk that circled the four walls.  Large, solid bookshelves filled the space between the old windows although most were empty save for the occasional knicknack and souveneir.  Above the entrance was a wider portion of the cat-walk, with a spiral stair case accessing a mostly-empty area that most would have used for a rather stylish sitting/entertaining area.  In Aiden's case, it was little more then a pair of leather couches and a low coffee table, with an old record player, an expensive stereo system, and stacks of books and notes scattered about.

Far across the main floor opposite the entrance, in the left corner of the room was the kitchen; recently remodeled with high-quality appliances yet otherwise bare, and above that was the only actually enclosed room.  The bedroom, accessed from the second floor cat-walk which in turn was dotted with equally spaced ladders and spiral staircases at each corner of the room.  The center of the main floor also sported a large open-pit fire brick fire place, the chimney an open square above it that then rose into the ceiling and beyond.  This was surrounded by four long, deep couches with tables at each corner.  The only way to the couches would be to step over them, with no space to walk between, making for a comfortable social area.

Along the left wall beneath the balcony were a series of gun cabinets and solid metal lockers, with four long and wide tables running parrelel, and on the tables were organized boxes of ammunition of various calibres, all sorts of gunsmithing tools and supplies, more books and notes and all sorts of arcane odds and ends.  The corner across from the kitchen was his personal gym, high-quality equipment to rival even the most expensive fitness clubs.  Everything was earth tones; brick reds, dark wood and dull iron giving the entire place a warm but subdued feeling, only marred by a series of cork-boards along the entrance-side wall beneath the second-floor sitting area, which held dozens of drawings undoubtably done by children of varying ages, some of which seemed many years old.  Rather out of place compaired to the few other works of art hanging from walls, all landscapes dating from modern day works back through multiple centuries of history.

When Aiden opened the door, he was hardly surprised to find her standing in the hall.  There were few that had any reason to visit him, and fewer still that knew where he lived.  He wore a simple white t-shirt and a pair of comfortable jogging pants and running shoes, a definete change of pace from his usual attire.  A towel was wrapped about his shoulders, and it wasn't hard to tell he'd been exercising when she'd arrived.  His ever-present smile greeted her as he stepped back to clear the door, waving for her to enter.  "I dare say I do not get many visitors.  Come in, I'll make some coffee."

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 02:51:35 AM »
(OCC: You ever play Devil May Cry? It's just Aiden's, coat fire arms and weapons reminds me of the dress style. They kind of put it on the map)

Terra felt some sense of comfort when Aiden opened the door, for a moment thinking he wouldn't answer or wouldn't be there. That was of course didn't seem logical, after all from what she knew of him, ignoring someone would have been very out of character for him. Then again, who was she to really say?

"Thank you." She said politely, smoothly stepping and taking in Aiden's home or 'digs' as one of her students would call them. As a teacher even if english wasn't her subject, she always frowned upon slang words herself as something she wouldn't use, but for everyone else it was there choice. Despite being in a warehouse, it strangely seemed to fit the gentle hunter and his personality. Humble, yet inside there was far more then meets the eye.

Gun cabinets, trainning equipment.. Terra was already calculating what each thing was for, it was part of her nature tot think and anaylze things, one of the reasons she had become a teacher in the first place. He must use the fire arms for hunting. The trainning equipment must be to keep himself up physically..I wonder..How strong is he physically? It was a interesting question, Aiden if she had to guess was probably stronger then a normal human. Making a educated guess, he had to be at least a peak human, which to her knowledge could lift roughly 1100 pounds, half a ton. But there was a possibly he was weaker or stronger then that, she herself could lift two tons; more if you counted her transformation(She didn't use it because of how much it drained on her energy)

"Any type of coffee is fine. I'm not particular." Terra's black coat seemed almost a extension of her as she silently made her to a seat. Ever since her families death, in her 'spare time' she had been working herself tireless to keep people safe, it somehow made her feel better. "I'll get to the point Aiden, I need your help. Some..creatures I have never seen before have been appearing. I have no idea what they are, but they are all different and seem to drain a victims life energy to the point they turn to dust." She winced, remembering some of the unfourtnate people who got caught by them.

"I also beleive they are being controlled by something far more powerful and intellgient. I don't know much about their masters, but they are clearly organized." Terra trailed off for a moment, then continued. "I would like you to pose as a teacher at my school, don't worry I'll handle the little details. But that will be the only way you'll be allowed for a extended period, and it will be the best way to 'catch' them in the act. But the decision is up to you, I can attempt to do this on my own."

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »
(OOC:  I suppose so, eh?  I doubt he'd look good in all that red though, lol.  I can proudly say that this char originated from an old Shadowrun gunslinger who wasn't nearly so cool, once upon a time a few years before the first Matrix movie.)

He closed and locked the door again before passing her on his way towards the kitchen, leaving her more or less to her own devices as he went about brewing some coffee.  Unsurprisingly, he wasn't the type to use any of that simple instant stuff; his was bought as fresh beans which he proceeded to grind before filling and starting his coffee maker.  Her request was unusual; he wasn't the type for undercover work like that, he'd always stalked his targets from the shadows, waiting for them to show themselves.  Soon enough he was prepping some light snacks in the form of some bite-sized bits of smoked salmon with a touch of crushed black pepper and lemon with various types of dip on the side.

The exercise equipment in the corner all seemed mundane enough at first glance, but there was extra weights mostly of the higher-end sizes likely meaning he needed more then a usual weight set came with.  While definently stronger then a fit man of his lithe build should be, he wasn't likely to shatter any world records.  As well as gunsmithing tools, there was gear to make his own ammo as well, ranging from mixing and grinding his own gun powder to even forging the projectiles and casings, to costum build ammo for whatever creature he was hunting at the time.

"Of course I will help, Terra.  I've never had a 'job' before though, in the more mundane sense of the word."  He chuckled quietly then transferred the fresh-brewed coffee to a thermos.  Everything was loaded onto a tray and he made his way over to the couches were she was sitting, stepping over easily enough even with the tray in hand, and sat down a bit to her side with the tray on the firepit mantle between them.  "I will assist you in whatever way I can, but I should warn you...I had no formal education, much of my intelligence has been gained from many years of experience.  What subject could I possibly pretend to teach?"

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 08:49:33 PM »
(OCC: To be fair; very few characters can pull off red.)

Terra found the whole situation amusing to a extent, if the situation were a bit less dire she might have chuckled a bit in mirth. Indeed, for her it was hard to imagine Aiden doing a 'mundane' job, but she could still picture it a bit in her own head. One thing she couldn't picture the young man doing was something like working as a shoe's salesmen or a lawyer, though that scene was just as amusing as other prospects.

"How do you feel about history?" The Apolcaypse Demon suggested after a moment. "I'm not sure how you would fair with some of the other subjects, but that sounds like a solid choice. After all, you have been around for a long time and have seen much. What better way to learn from history then from someone's who been there personally? Of course you could always refer to books depending on the era you're teaching about."

The more she thought about it, the more she thought was the most plausible way to go. "I think the students will like you, most of them are good kids. And if it's in my power, I will hopefully keep it that way. My closes students are Adell, he's a demon like myself, though a different type. Then there's Angelique, a half-Angel. She has a confidence problem but I'm working on it. Lastly there's Camila, she's a Dhampir. She's come a long way from when I first met her, she was really untrusting of people.."

Then she realized she was rambling, and she looked embarrassed. "..Forgive me. Sometimes I ramble about things when I think. I know you have more important things to do then listen to my personal life."

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 09:58:44 AM »
Aiden laughed gently and shook his head as he went about pouring himself a cup of coffee.  A touch of honey and a bit of cream then he was settling back into the comfortable couch, his feet resting on the table.  "You will find that I have little by way of a 'social life.'  I also have no need to exercise.  It is just something I do to fill the time.  History is probably the best subject for me, but I think I might need to know a bit more about the school and the usual subject matter before I start instructing.  I mean, do they learn about the history-book World War 1, or the behind the scenes surges and weakening multi-planer barriers and extra-dimensional incursions that plagued Europe as a result of the many attrocities of war?"

She wasn't the only one that would have found the thought of him as a lawyer amusing.  After all, he did act much like a Judge/Jury/Executioner on a daily basis; not everything he hunted was a supernatural monster.  Some were just the more mundane type that were able to elude the law for too long.  "I like to think I am good with young people as well; I have many centuries experience with them after all.  But most of my experiences were relatively short term."

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »
"A little bit of both, actually." Terra commented lightly as she made herself more comfortable, she didn't have to try to much since she always felt at ease in his presence. She had pondered that it was because he had saved her life(though part of her hadn't Really wanted to be saved at the time) or it could be just his spirit. He wasn't perfect but like her he was trying the best he could.

"Recently I was teaching about a little bit of the different races history on this earth so all the students would have a bit more perspective of where they come from. After all, not all races are native to this demension, many aren't. One thing that remains the same is that it seems all human-looking races are connected in some way, otherwise they wouldn't be able breed with one another. I haven't figured out what this 'common' link is, gods know better then me have thought of the samething."

Terra shook her head. "There's something else I wish to warn you about. It's come to my attention there's some other hunters around this city. They are extemeist and beleive most supernatural races are evil monsters, surprisingly or not Angels included as well. I don't much about them, but if they keep at it, we might have to...deal with them. Their latest 'prey' was a seven-year-old half Angel, naturally the police don't have a clue of how to deal with it. How ironic they become what just what they've been hunting; monsters." As she said that it couldn't be helped she felt sad, she felt for the family because she had been through the samething. Her heart went out to them.

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »
Aiden had encountered their like for as long as he could remember.  Just as man was so capable of hating and killing itself, so could it do the same towards things even more different then mere skin colour or belief.  It was simple racism; hating anything that was different, more often then not through sheer lack of understanding and fear.  They were few and far between that understood what they hunted enough to know some were no threat at all.  He always found it rather entertaining when one group or another decided to target him.  That they had targeted as child was unfortunate, but he didn't allow it to get to him.  Emotion clouded judgement and hampered one's abilities, and often made it harder to keep going through all the hardships life could dish out.

"Well, perhaps I will lay some bait for them.  Much easier to deal with fools like that if they think they are the hunters."  He sipped his coffee and pondered briefly how he'd go about it, then looked to her again and nodded, "As for the school, I can start as soon as needed.  I even own a suit or two that should work fine as a teacher's clothes.  I am no scholar you understand, but I will do my best until we get to the bottom of the problem."

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 12:04:37 AM »
Terra did a excellent job of hiding it but she was angry of the thought of them targeting children who's only crime was being what they were; something they couldn't change or help. Maternal and kind's instincs, oddly or not went well with one another at times such as right now. The Apocalypse Demon felt like a mad and wounded lioness that was trying to protect her cubs from weaker, though more underhanded and ruthless predators.

No more children would be dying in her city because of what. She would make sure of it.

Calming down when she noticed Aiden's much more composed face, she scolded herself from letting her emotions get the best of her, but as a mother, former anyway, it upset her a great deal. Having always liked children didn't help matters.

"I'm sorry.." She finally said, calm returning to her senses. "It's just..As a mother this upsets a great deal. I don't understand how anyone can take a life of a child for something they can't help."  She sighed, shaking her head. "I think I should let you know from what little I know of them, they seem to have super human physical abilties. And since are from gathered human themselves, they most likely got it by other means. A item perhaps.."

A Item? But what kind of item? As far as her knowledge went, Earth didn't exactly have to many that could amp one's natural physical abilties, unless..

Suddenly Terra looked a bit disturbed as she thought of the problem. "..But I know earth doesn't have many items that could do such a thing. Unless, of course someone of strong magic were to make such a device. That would explain how they operate and able to fight things a normal human wouldn't stand a chance agaisnt. That would also mean, that we're dealing are just expendbale grunts and there's some brains behind the scenes. If that's the case..then we could possibly be dealing with a secrect orginization."

Terra mentally groaned. She had enough problems trying to deal with these strange monsters and their unknown masters. And now? I have to deal with some crazy Nazi-like group who are hell-bent on destroying any supernatural race. If the situation weren't so dire, she could almost find humour in the situation, this wasn't her day. It seemed the powers that be had a wicked sense of humor. At that moment, she wished a certain Lycan was there to say something to lighten the mood.

"We'll AIden." She said lightly, a small wary smile forming. "It seems we have a lot of work to do, don't we?"

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »
Aiden couldn't help but notice how affected Terra was by the conversation; she had lost her own family after all.  She knew what it felt like much more intimately then he ever could.  But, she was still trying to put on a strong face and press on, even if that smile seemed tired from the weight of the world.  He set his coffee aside and reached out one long arm to grasp her cheek, his hand warm and strong.  There was nothing he could ever do to help her forget or heal, that was up to her to find the strength and peace to move on, but he could still be supportive.

"That we do, but I will do all in my power to see this through to the end Terra."  He gave her shoulder a comforting squeeze before pulling his hand away again, wearing his often present warm smile.  "You need to get some rest, relax a little.  You cannot take every responsility onto yourself or you're going to break down.  You have to work one problem at a time.  We'll deal with the issue at your school, and I will have my contacts work on learning about this other group in the mean time."

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 10:57:42 PM »
The slow but sudden action caught Terra unaware for once, and at first her body slightly stiffened on reflex. Then she relaxed a bit, not saying anything for what seemed like a few minutes. "..You're right. I have..been a bit stressed lately with everything happening at once." She admitted slowly. "I think I need some time to rest and collect my thoughts together."

She stood up, smiling a bit more sincere this time. "Thank you Aiden. Meet me at my school around seven and we'll get everything else in place. Who knows, it could be good for you to develop more of a social life." She teased him lightly, meaning no harm by the comment.

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 08:36:41 PM »
That got a warm-hearted laugh out of Aiden, the thought of him having a social life was down right ridiculous.  It was not something he was meant to have; he was brought here for one thing only, and that was to maintain a balance.  He had acquaintences more then friends, allies and contacts and the like.  He stood with her, coffee in hand, "So be it then, bright and early and respectably dressed."

He began leading her towards the door, "Take it easy tonight, maybe have a warm bath.  I hear those can be quite relaxing.  Bubble baths is the term, right?"  He smiled again, waiting at the door now, hoping he could lift her spirits a bit more before she left.

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 09:40:20 AM »
Terra knew that Aiden didn't think he was meant to have a social-life, but she knew better. He had a lot of potential to do other things besides fighting, he just didn't know it yet. She couldn't push him too hard, she would let him take one step at a time, then maybe one day he'd realize it on his own.

"I will, thank you." She said sincerely, about to leave but turned around once more. "Aiden, I know it may not mean much, but I think you're here more then just for fighting or keeping the balance. Though you may have been summoned for that, you're still a sentient being and you deserve to choose how to live your own life. Just give yourself a chance, one of these days, you may just be surprised."

"Good day Aiden."

And with that, she turned on her heel, and was gone.

The next day, Terra was up bright and early. She knew Aiden would be here soon enough, and after she left she had taken care of paperwork and the like. Even a small cover story if anyone ask, Aiden was a new teacher that would be staying for a unknown period of time before transferring to another school. In the meantime while Terra waited, she occupied herself by making sure everything was set up properly for his classroom.

I'm worrying too much, he'll be fine. She mentally assured herself, the only thing she had to do now was wait for him to come. It had been decided he'd come this early so she could tell him a few more things before the battle of the classroom started. Of course she didn't expect much trouble, her school was a small one and most of them were good kids, but even so.

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 05:08:47 PM »
"Good night, Terra."  He closed the door shortly after she left, and turned to study his apartment as he pondered what she had said.  Why did she think he didn't live his life as he wished?  Duty, the ability to help others, was pretty well everything to him.  The entire purpose of his existance, so why would he want more?  Her words only held his attention for a few minutes before he dismissed it and returned to exercising, working well into the night before getting a few hours sleep and readying himself for the next day.

He arrived at Terra's office exactly on time, knocking on the door before entering at her beckoning.  He'd opted against a full suit but was still snappily dressed.  Black cargo pants were bloused into a pair of blackened and dully shining boots.  He wore a well-fitted black sports jacket over a white dress shirt fully buttoned.  But, as he had said, he was unarmed; a very unusual state for him.  Even grocery shopping he'd have at least one pistol on himself somewhere.

He had a worn-out old canvas backpack slung over one shoulder which held various books and odds-and-ends that might be of use to the class.  Photos and old books mostly, nothing dangerous or frightening though.  "Good morning, Terra."

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 04:58:32 PM »
Terra, in her time waiting for Aiden to arrive had begun to look through some old pictures of her family through the wallet. Oddly or not, it wasn't sadness she felt around this time but almost a sense of comfort and peace, as if they were still there silently watching over her. The picture she currently held had herself and her daughter Monica, who at the time the picture was taken was roughly around the age of four. Monica was grinning at the camera in her small sun yellow sundress, a tooth missing in the front but she didn't mind. She could see her husband, but she didn't regonize herself. She seemed so much lighter then..

Her thoughts were interrupted when her guest arrived, and she quickly put the picture away as she composed herself back to normal was possible. "Aiden, welcome. I have to say, you don't look half-bad in that thing." She teased, no sign of what she had been looking at apparent on her facial or body langauge. That was one of the thing's she was good at when the time called for it.

"Listen..I want to apologize about yesterday." She said, referring to what she said before leaving the other day. "It was out of turn for me and I didn't think that might be how you personally wanted to live your own life."

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 10:13:31 PM »
Aidan eased the door shut behind him and stepped a bit more towards the center of her office, hands folded over his chest lightly and grinning a bit as he looked down at himself.  "Not often I need to break out these sort of clothes.  I do go to parties from time to time, mostly work related though."  He shook his head dismissively at her appology and smiled warmly again.  There was no need for that; she had spoken her mind, and he appreciated that sort of thing in others.  Too many people these days just bottled up their emotions or opinions.  "Shall we get down to business?  I suspect I will have a lot of work to do teaching a class and investigating this problem we have."

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 02:04:00 AM »
Terra didn't know Aiden as much as she would have liked at times, but she knew enough about him to know that he didn't hold onto grudges very long. If she didn't know any better she would say the man wasn't capable of holding onto bitter feelings, it really didn't seem to be in his nature at all.

"Right. To business then." Smoothly, she walked over to the side where a book shelf was waiting for her, her hand gliding along the surface of them before stopping a red-colored book. Carefully, she rertrieved it, a blue book mark in the middle of it as she placed it on her desk. "This.." She began to explain. "Is for teaching notes. There is a lot in here but I marked the spot where you would most need to read. It goes over the cirucullim and other things to keep in mind. For today, you can more or less go with your instinc, I think you'll be fine."

She looked back at him and smiled, though a bit slowly. "Thank you for coming when you didn't have too. I don't have many close friends, more of aquatainces. But I consider you one. Is there any questions you want to ask before you get started? About the students, school, anything?"

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 06:36:03 PM »
He chuckled warmly and stepped up to the desk to get a closer look at the book, then picked it up to flip it open to the marked page.  The entire process had him standing rather close to her before he finally took a polite half-step back; he was quite comfortable around others and sometimes failed to realize that most people didn't like their personal space being invaded like that.  He scanned the page intently then glanced to her with his usual honest smile, "I must admit, I do not consider many to be friends.  But, I do suppose you would count, Terra.  And you do not need to thank me, I am happy to help.  Now...the students.  All of them are Supernatural in some way?  Or just the majority?"

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 04:45:26 PM »
If Terra was bothered by Aiden being close to her, she didn't show or voice it in anyway. It was actually comforting have someone nearby, like humans, demons like herself needed social interaction to stay healthy and mentally sane. Which was probably the reason her families death had pushed her further over the edge then what a normal person would have.

"I should hope so." She teased him gently in response to the comment that he supposed she counted. "Yes, all the students here are supernatural in one way or another. My three best students are a Dhampir, a half-Angel and a demon, though he's of the same type but a different kind." She explained. "It was the same young man that said he'd break your ankles if you ever hurted me." Terra mused, shaking her head as she remembered that conversation from not too long ago.

"Anyway, Adell won't give you trouble, he's just very protective of me. All three of them are." Terra was about to say something else, when she thought agaisnt it. Instead she reached into her pockets, pulling out a fuzzy picture. It seemed humanoid but its body was completely absent of normal features such as mouth or eyes, almost like some sort of twisted clay-made model of a person brought to life. There were two of them, and both were in long dark cloaks.

"I'm not sure if their related but I saw these creatures a week ago." The demoness explained calmly. "They only come out during the night and they seem to feed off energy, to the point the victims body turns to ash. While they do feed off humans, it seems only supernatural energy can attract them enough. Humans are secondary meal to them. I have to say..I've never met bizzarre creatures such as these."

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 05:20:40 PM »
"Yes, I remember you mentioning him."  He grinned warmly and turned to lean against the edge of her desk, arms crossed over his chest lightly.  "I suspect his defensive nature about you might be from a bit of a crush?  I've a feeling Adell and I might get along rather well once we get to know each other."  He fell silent for a moment as he pondered the creatures she described; one hand raising to rub his chin absently.

"I've encountered similiar things in the past.  Back during what's now known as the Renaissance era.  Featurless, man-shapped creatures that grow more human-like the more people they fed on.  In those days, they favoured scholars, artists and poets for their rich emotions.  I even suspect that they eventually became much like their prey once they looked human enough.  I wouldn't attribute any great accomplishments to any of their kind though.  In those days, they were called Dopplegangers, although it isn't an accurate name; a true Doppleganger need only kill one person to assume their identity, and a true Doppleganger is a very solitary creature."

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
(OCC: Sorry for the late response, once the Guild changed it stopped sending me notifcations when this thing got responded too)

Terra had to smile slightly at this. "Perhaps, at least in the past that may have been true. Adell has thankfully had his eyes on someone closer to his age now, but he's always been protective of his friends. But I think you'll get along just fine with him once you get to know each other. As for the other two, you should no real problem with them either."

Her smile dropped as she listened to the description of the creatures, they sounded like others she knew but none came to the tongue at the moment. It was a bit troubling. "Hmm, I hope these are truly the same creatures you faced so long ago. In the past did they feed on nonhumans often as they do now? It seems their habits have changed, if they are the same beings."

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
(OOC:  No worries.  I'm going on a field exercise for three weeks come Monday, so I might be a little slower to respond then usual!))

He nodded understandingly, dimissing the issue of the students for the moment though to focus on the bigger issues.  "There was a very active and quite potent Inquisition running in the shadows at the time.  All but useless in actually finding or dealing with anything that was a true threat to the humans, but surprisingly effective at scattering the more benign supernatural beings in the world at the time.  I never knew them to go out of their way to hunt non-human prey though.  But, time brings change.  Perhaps they simply find supernaturals to be more filling?"

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 09:49:49 AM »
(OCC: You aren't the only one that slow to respond but since your busy too it all works out)

Terra listened carefully to Aiden; she always did respect his opinion when it came these sorts of things. While it was true she had been around for a while, she was still very young for a member of her race. And as a whole, she didn't study a lot of how to deal with other more hostile supernaturals and how to deal with them.

"I hope you are right with what these creatures are, they sound easier to deal with then else we might have to face." There was still the threat of the extemeist going around, but she trusted Aiden's contacts to take care of it. It was like he had said earlier; she had to deal with one thing at a time or she was going to break down. This was easier said then done for the young woman as Terra always was trying to do everything at once when it came to these things.

The demoness glanced towards the clock, then back to the new 'teacher'. "Looks like we're out of time. It will just be first three students at first before anyone else but the rest should be here soon enough."

True to her word, three teenagers came into the room. The first was a red-headed male that seemed around seventeen, it must have been Adell Terra had been speaking about earlier. He was followed by two others, a female with orange hair that went down to her back, she so far out of the group seemed the most harmless, even having a gentle presence about her. The last one to come out was a girl that seemed older, not age nesscarily, but mentally if one looked into the eyes. She had green eyes with a scar on her left eye, what also stood out about was the green streaks at the end of her black hair, natural instead of dyed.

Terra went to go greet them, and almost immediatly was hugged by the one with orange hair. "How are you doing Mrs. Terra?"

"I'm fine Angelique." She assured, looking the young woman over after releasing her from the hug. "Been keeping Adell in line?' She teased.

"Naw, that's my job teach." The other girl responded. "But no, he's been good."

'Adell' crossed his arms. "I'm not a hot-head all the time; just to people who deserve it." He then noticed the newcomer, though Terra beat them to the punch.

"This is a new teacher, he's a friend of mine so I want you three to help him around if he needs it. This is Aiden."

"Oh..nice to meet you sir I'm Angelique Hikari sir." The one with orange hair said shyly.

"I'm Camila Mort, if your cool with Terra then you must be all right." The other girl said, resisting the urge to further comment out of respect for Terra. She normally did tease, but she knew which lines not to cross.

Adell looked at him a moment longer, then finally joined in. "Adell Kronos."

_____________________________________________________________-

Here are what they look like and their race right by their names.

Adell: (Demon)
http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/SionReaver/?action=view&current=AdellFire.jpg

Angelique:(Angel/Human)

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/SionReaver/?action=view&current=AngeliqueHikari.jpg

Camila: Dhampir(Human/Vampire)

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p70/SionReaver/?action=view&current=CamilaBurnel.jpg
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:51:32 AM by Sion Reaver »

Not Yet Rated!

Jim_Davison

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 05:33:27 PM »
Aiden gave her shoulder a comforting pat as he followed her gaze to the clock.  He had no doubt he could handle three students, but was greatful that it would start with such a small number.  Never in his long life had he attempted something like this; he had never been in a position to be a constant influence on a person's life before.  As the three entered, he remained next to Terra's desk, arms folded lightly over his chest and sporting his ever present warm smile.  The three seemed to get along well with her, and he doubted any would be much trouble.  Adell seemed the most likely to try and cause him grief, but he seriously doubted there would be any real sparks between the two.

Once introductions were done, he stepped forwards and offered each his hand, shaking each individually as might best suit their personalities.  The handshake with Adell was firm but not in any manner to try and prove dominance; simply a respectful shake.  With Camilla it was equally firm and with a hint of a sly smirk; it had been all too obvious she had been thinking of making a comment but had held it back out of respect for Terra, and he wanted her to know that he wasn't the type that frowned on banter.  For Angelique it was gentle, taking her hand between both of his with a comforting squeeze and he spoke to all three, "Aiden Illonse.  Terra has told me a bit about you, and there is no need for Sirs or honorifics of any sort.  Aiden will do just fine."

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 01:15:42 PM »

Adell watched him for a moment, he didn't seem like a bad guy or anything but he would keep a eye on him just to see if it was really him or a act but so far he seemed cool. While he was protective, he wasn't going to be a jerk about it if they didn't actually do anything to warrant it, he was raised better and more importantly knew better.

"Oh sorry si-" Angelique caught herself, cheeks slightly red from embarrassament. "I mean Aiden."

"Hey, relax." Camila said patting her once on the back to ease the gentle and shy half-angel. From the outside looking in, it seemed like Camila acted more like a big sister to her then anything else.

"I would like to stay around but I have to be going myself." Terra said to the three children, who seemed a bit dissapointed. Then she addressed Aiden. "There's nothing specefic to go over this time in history, just wing it. These three will be your only students for now, more for you to get used to this style of teaching."

"This style of teaching?" Adell asked curiously.

"Yes. Aiden is a tutor so he's used to working on on one more then a group." Terra explained, she didn't like lying but it was more for their own safety to keep 'her' kids safe. "I'll see you three later today, now be good." She then walked out the door, leaving the four to their fate.

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 20, 2018, 07:16:39 PM]

Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 19, 2018, 09:03:11 PM]

[May 19, 2018, 08:16:30 AM]

[May 19, 2018, 12:47:30 AM]

[May 19, 2018, 12:32:27 AM]

[May 19, 2018, 12:21:34 AM]

[May 18, 2018, 11:44:55 PM]

[May 18, 2018, 11:08:14 PM]

[May 18, 2018, 09:07:24 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:48:39 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:38:05 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:10:44 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:06:29 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 10:33:01 PM]

[May 11, 2018, 09:32:31 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube