collapse

Author Topic: The NEON Division: "Agent Pandora Fields Forever"  (Read 2520 times)

Description:

Offline Stan'

• Blade Runner
  • Knight Commander
  • Bavaria
  • Awards Has made 500+ posts
    • Awards
The NEON Division: "Agent Pandora Fields Forever"
« on: July 28, 2010, 03:00:50 PM »
The great country of Canada, a small useless part of the New British Empire and the place the Americans to the south thought was just one big joke.  Well, this one big joke kept on whipping them at ice hockey, although unfortunately that seemed to be the only thing they were better at.  Well, that and speed-skating, but no one really took that one seriously either, did they?  I guess anything that involves ice, the guys and gals to the north do it best.  Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see them good at something for a change.  Like, take Luxembourg for example.  Just to let you know, that it's this tiny country somewhere in the Low Countries to the north of France.  I'd like Luxembourg to pull out a book, open it up and put their finger on a page and go 'That's what we're good at'.

The man in front of Pandora was Ender Stanmore, a man that dealt with problems like the one she was about to face.  The Canadian branch of the NEON Division, a group of men and women that were told to do the weirdest of shit.  And it usually ended up with facing a woman called Adalinda Knapp, or someone assosciated with her.  In this case, the bad guy in this episode was General Walther Klos, a decorated officer that had lead the south German army trhough their most recent war.  He was in Quebec, selling dangerous weapons to the everyone's favourite Canadiennes... the French.  "So yeah, Pandora.  I'm a big fan, and we're all so pleased you've decided to help us."  Stan was talking about her speed-skating career, reaching over and shaking her hand.  "Now on to the important part.  See this man here?"  He held up a black-and-white photograph.  "This is General Walther Klos.  And see this woman here?"  Another photograph.  "This is Adalinda Knapp.  I want you to kill them both."

The aircraft shuddered ever so slightly, and it nearly prematurely threw Pandora out.  As usual, the NEON Division were rather creative in the way they send their agents in to the field.  Pandora was cramed in to a sphere with very little room to manouever.  She was strapped in to her bucket seat with a bunch of seatbelts that would probably take her about a good minute to unfasten.  Her knees were almost up to her ears, while her ice-skates were in a compartment around the back.  "Put these on."  She was handed a pair of swimming goggles.  "I don't think we can take you much closer, we're going to have to drop you in to the water.  As soon as you sink to the bottom, grab the air tank and fins above your head."  He felt like an air-stewardess.  "There's a flap round the back of this... thing.  Your skates are in a waterproof bag in there.  Now's the time to start asking questions.  And no... don't ask me why you're wearing that and stuck in this ball..."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:07:45 PM by Stan' »

Offline Peebs'

• knight Banner
  • Awards Has made 500+ posts A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: Agent Pandora Fields Forever
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:51:14 AM »
Pandora wasn't exactly quite sure why she had bothered to agree. To help deal with their 'little' problem that nobody seemed to be able to do on their own. It wasn't the fact that she minded helping, doing a job that everyone else decided they couldn't do, and it wasn't the fact that she'd get to kick some German ass. She wasn't quite sure what her reasoning behind it all was, what she would say if shit hit the fan and she had to look back and say "Why the hell did I get into this?" it had to be a worth-while reason for sure. Somethin she could nod in agreement to still at that point and say "Yeah, alright. That was a good reason."

Pandora's eyes traveled over her little contraption that she had been strapped into for the ride for what seemed like the hundredth time since she had seen it. It was odd, weird and confusing all at once. Not one after the other, just all together. It didn't seem safe and Pandora couldn't seem to figure out why they didn't just stick a parachute on her back with those skates and pat her on the back saying "Have at 'er!"

"I feel like I'm playing James Bond," she said instead of posing a question as Stan had asked if she had any. "Do I get a cool car once I reach land? How aboot some fancy toys? I'd like some toys. Do my skates turn into weapons? I mean, not that they aren't already but... do they have like a turbo speed? That would be pretty cool. I like fast. Fast boys, fast toys. Well, so long as they aren't fast behind closed doors."

Before she could say anything else and before Stan could even begin to reply to her Pandora found herself falling through the air towards the dangerous waters below and she sighed, just waiting for the moment she would hit the chilly depths. She didn't even get to find out if she got cool toys!

Closing her eyes, Pandora took in a deep intake of breath just before her body went under the water. The goggles were a nice help, keeping the water away from her eyes but she preferred to keep them closed while she worked on the buckles keeping her in place. The Canadian wasn't a huge fan of being in open water, and she wasn't quite sure of what she would see below the surface. It was the St. Lawrence river after all... there could be skeletons walkin' about from when the French and the English were battlin' it out! or even some American homie's down there..

Freeing herself, Pandora grabbed the skates, air tank and flippers before making her way to the surface once again, opening her eyes only to be sure she was going in the proper direction.

Maybe it was the fact she was doing good for her Country, even if it meant saving some Francophone ass. Maybe it was the fact Pandora was getting tired of not having much excitement in her life... or maybe it was just the absolute fact she would get to kick some ass. And take on the status of "Knapp Killer." Yes... that sounded like a pretty cool title...

Offline Stan'

• Blade Runner
  • Knight Commander
  • Bavaria
    • Awards
Re: Agent Pandora Fields Forever
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »
"Pandora... listen up."  The Canadian voice spoke to her through a small ear-piece.  Underwater, she wasn't going to be able to reply, but all she had to do was let Stanmore speak anyway.  "So I'm hoping you got out of that thing OK, because the last person we sent down there, she couldn't get the damn straps unbuckled fast enough and ended up drowning.  Bloody idiot.  We told her to take a breath, grab the buckle with both hands, and press down hard with her thumb.  It doesn't take a genius to get free -- I mean, we've got you on the mission, don't we?"

Up on the surface, there was a man sitting on the beach, throwing stones in to the water.  His hair had grown in to a mullet, and the green, baggy jumpsuit that covered his body was torn and ripped in certain areas.  On top of all that, there was a brown bomber jacket, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows as usual.  He clearly looked bored, as if he were waiting for someone to arrive.  It just so happened, that when that person eventually bobbed her head out of the water, a large stone cracked her bang in the forehead.  The patch on his arm suggested he was part of the NEON Division, although from which branch, it would be unclear until he spoke.

He spoke now.  An Eastern accent.  "You should watch where you're going.  Who in their right mind starts SCUBA diving in a place where folk are throwing stones in to the sea?  Clearly, that person has to be a Canadian.  And it's just a shame that this damn country is full of them.  I don't know who's worse -- you or the French.  And I've worked with both."  It was Mikhail's way of saying hello to Pandora.  "Your boss said he needed some help.  I was gonna send over my little Norwegian sweet-heart to help you, but she's too busy drinking a cocktail in Vladivostok.  So you're stuck with me instead.  My name's Agent Mikhailakirichenkovich.  Now as long as I don't get a bullet in the backside because of you, we're sorted.  What's going to happen, is I'll pop up at random parts of the story and supply you with information, or hand you over a key that you might need.  Don't ask me how I got it, because I'm an NPC* and I can do what ever the hell I please off-camera.  I'll be leaving all the fighting up to you, all the shooting and all the dangerous stuff.  Got that?"

Offline Peebs'

• knight Banner
    • Awards
Re: The NEON Division: "Agent Pandora Fields Forever"
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:52:34 PM »
Pandora pulled the goggles off of her face and flung them across the water at the man who had made an appearance. She hadn't even known someone would be waiting for her. Stanmore never mentioned it to her! Maybe he never got the chance? And what an asshole he was too. What was his name? Mikhail-something-or-other. "Who, in their right mind tosses rocks into the water when you obviously must have seen me hit the surface! Unless you're blind, and don't actually know what the hell you're doing. Which I'm sure, is part of your problem." Coming out of the water, Pandora headed towards him and shook herself like a dog purposely to fling water from her onto the beach company.
"I don't know why they think I need someone with me on this-- I work better alone. And if you're going to just be annoying and pop up in random parts and blab off your irritating little mouth, than you can just say that you did-- and don't. It'll save both you, and I, a lot of trouble. Especially being an apparent Canadian-hater that you are. So, go join your little sweet-heart wherever the hell you said she is, and leave the German killing to me, alright?"
Pandora was speaking out of irritation. Rubbing the mark that would surely turn into a bruise on her forehead she didn't want to be around foreign man anymore than he wanted to be around her. Especially if he was going to be throwing things in her general direction. And he was worried about her getting him shot! Ha!

Offline Stan'

• Blade Runner
  • Knight Commander
  • Bavaria
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:28:01 PM »
"Oh, I saw you in the water.  But that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop throwing rocks in your direction."  Mikhail was obviously hinting that he was going to be more of a nuisance than a help.  "Well, let's see.  You think you can work alone?  What about your last mission?  Didn't Stanmore tell you not to blow up the base?  And what did you do?  Blow up the base.  Now... what would a medal-winning, speedskating university brat be doing in a place like this?  Is Canada that bad, that you're the best they could get for this job?  Do you know how tough it's going to be to kill Adalinda Knapp and Walther Klos?"  The Soviet had experience with both, especially the woman.  She was a nightmare, a little weasel that always escaped laughing in victory.  They'd tracked her down to here, and this time the NEON Division couldn't let her escape.

"Take this keycard.  It'll give you access to the underground tunnels to the north.  That's where Klos and Knapp are hiding."  He stood up, his hands on his hips.  "This ain't no baking contest, Panda.  Before you get to ze Germans, you're gonna have to go through Mathieu Montand.  Yeah, that's right.  The famous Canadien speedskater himself.  Think you can handle him?"

Offline Peebs'

• knight Banner
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 01:56:05 AM »
Taking the key-card from Mikhail, Pandora slipped it into her back pocket without even giving it a second glance. Fine, she'd take the little help the smart-mouth Russian was going to offer, but she wasn't going to do so with a good attitude. She hated it when others decided to stick their little noses in and 'help' her do something she could do another way... her way. Whether it be with blowing things up, or beating the snot out of someone to get the job done. Yeah... Pandora really did prefer to do things her way. "Montand's got nothing on me, if you had any idea who I was-- you'd know that for yourself. But I suppose you don't, do you? Too busy playing the cool tough guy that everyone dislikes but doesn't really care because he gets a kick out of irritating people until they want to peel their own skin off their bodies. I don't quite see how people like you enjoy... being people like you. But that's none of my business. If you really think Montand is going to be a problem for me... you need to take your leave now. Because you're only going to get in my way. I don't care if Stanmore thinks you need to be here or not... I don't need you. And the only reason I blew up that damn base was because pure accident. Perhaps if they hadn't kept all those explosives around, it would still be standing. So mind your tongue. I don't know much about this Knapp and Klos couple but Montand's nothing compared to what you think about him..."
Running her thumb across her lower lip, Pandora thought about what she had just said. It had been awhile since she'd heard anything about Mathieu Montand... but then again-- he was french. What on earth could have possibly changed... other than it seemed he was working for the Germans...?
"What do you know about Mathieu? Why's he with this group of bad guys? Brainwashed? Promised a large sum of money?"

Offline Stan'

• Blade Runner
  • Knight Commander
  • Bavaria
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 06:46:55 PM »
"Hey, enough of the character assassination.  I had a few guesses why Mathieu Montand might have turned to the dark side, but now I know what the number one reason is."  Montand frowned, looking at her and almost licking his lips at the temptation to push her head in to the water and hold it there for five minutes until she stopped struggling.  "And I thought working with the British branch was a pain in the ass..."  He muttered, loud enough for Pandora to hear him.  Deliberate, of course.  He had nothing else for her, and she clearly didn't want any of his help.  Her problem was the lack of knowledge she had on Adalinda Knapp and Walther Klos.  It might be easy for her to get past Mathieu Montand with little effort, but she was jumping in to the unknown when facing the German pair.  What was Stanmore thinking, sending someone in without a proper intelligence report on her enemy?

"You've got a radio.  Use it.  I want to know how you're getting on.  My radio frequency should be tuned in to your headset so contact me if you run in to any problems... like breaking a nail or running out of your lipstick."  He looked at his watch and looked off in to the distance.  "Looks like this is where we part ways for now.  I'll meet you outside the tunnels if you get that far.  If not, it's been a pleasure to work with you."  The Russian ran off without waiting for a reply, leaving Pandora on her own.

Offline Peebs'

• knight Banner
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 02:53:33 AM »

Tunnels? What tunnels? Nobody had mentioned anything about tunnels to Pandora-- then again not much had been brought up and mentioned to her at all before she was tossed out of the airplane. Luckily for her, she wasn't needing to put up with Mikhail's unwelcomed I'm-higher-than-you attitude. It made the Canadian want to take her time getting through and dealing with Montand, especially after she found out what on earth made his French mind decide to swing around to the 'dark side' as Mikhail had put it.

Coming up on to the beach, Pandora took her time removing the flippers from her feet and adjusting her earpiece so that it fit properly. She didn't think she would be hearing from Mikhail anytime soon, not until she started to take her time to show up and the Russian man got impatient. She understood of course, that she needed to get her little butt moving on the whole 'German bad-guy' situation but she -really- hadn't liked Mikhail's attitude upon meeting him, and felt like dragging it out just a little bit longer; it wasn't like Montand was going to be going anywhere anytime soon. She just wished that she had been told -where- exactly she was supposed to be heading, and where these goddamn tunnels were, if there -were- tunnels and it wasn't some metaphor for something else.

Ditching the flippers, Pandora headed off on her way finally, the need to know what the hell happened with Montand getting the better of her.

Offline Stan'

• Blade Runner
  • Knight Commander
  • Bavaria
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 04:58:10 AM »

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

• Dot Guests: 10
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[May 20, 2018, 07:16:39 PM]

Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[May 19, 2018, 09:03:11 PM]

[May 19, 2018, 08:16:30 AM]

[May 19, 2018, 12:47:30 AM]

[May 19, 2018, 12:32:27 AM]

[May 19, 2018, 12:21:34 AM]

[May 18, 2018, 11:44:55 PM]

[May 18, 2018, 11:08:14 PM]

[May 18, 2018, 09:07:24 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:48:39 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:38:05 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:10:44 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 11:06:29 PM]

[May 17, 2018, 10:33:01 PM]

[May 11, 2018, 09:32:31 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube