collapse

Author Topic: Tamalyn: Journey to Herself  (Read 814804 times)

Description: Discovering how to unlock her potentionally limitles powers and herself.

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Grand Duke/Grand Duchess
  • Face for radio, voice for print!
  • Awards Has made 9,000+ posts Has made 8,000+ posts Has made 7,000+ posts Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
Re: Tamalyn: Journey to Herself
« Reply #14350 on: May 15, 2017, 12:16:44 AM »
"It is," he replied with a small grin. "You are rather like the young noble that inherited a title before they were trained. In fact, you've been raised by the least noble-acting noble in the rolls of heraldry and then tossed into a governing position. So, I've run many noble households, and now I make sure that your staff knows their duties and by extension teaching you how to be a noble. I am very subtle about it though. At least with you. The staff feels less subtlety."

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
  • Awards Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14351 on: May 15, 2017, 09:22:15 AM »
"How is a noble supposed to act?" Tamalyn began, "who makes the decision that one person acts noble and another does not? Why must I behave in a manner that is untrue to me?" She said further, "I am not wicked, or cruel, I do not flaunt my position or heraldry. I do not abuse my authority, in fact, I try very hard to make sure that when I delegate a task that it fakls within the duties of the individual. I will admit that I do not always know what to wear, or why I am doing certain tasks. But, you are not with me during those times. My attempt is to always look out for those around me and those who require assistance. I don't think that it matters what I am wearing or if I act noble-like" she paused, "or have I missed your point?"

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Awards Has made 9,000+ posts Has made 8,000+ posts Has made 7,000+ posts Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14352 on: May 15, 2017, 06:06:28 PM »
"You have," he grinned. "No two nobles act alike, but all grand duchesses and dukes have the same powers, and varied degrees of understanding of how to use them."

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
  • Awards Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14353 on: May 15, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
"True" she nodded, "princess Ramona did something very bold that was technically legal, but pushed her authority. I am not bold or daring and I rarely push. I am thoughtful and patient and I know that sometimes it frustrates people" she added. "If I understand my task, I can work very quickly but that is because I have found good staff" she admitted. "I am also not familiar with political intrigue or foriegn affairs. I know that there are other areas where I could improve, as well. But, I am still not sure how you are going to help me with these things. Are they not things that I will learn, eventually?"

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14354 on: May 15, 2017, 09:41:19 PM »
"You will," he nodded. "Political intrigue and foreign affairs aren't likely to ever be second nature to you, not in your personality, but they don't need to, unless you somehow find your way to the crown," he chuckled. "You have a plot of 250,000 square miles to worry about, not a whole nation."

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14355 on: May 15, 2017, 10:03:02 PM »
"I have no desire to wear a criwn" she said shaking her head, "but I do need to have some notion of foreign affairs. It is all well and good to let his majesty deal with invaders, but the majority of those lately have to pass through my lands. I would like to think that that threat is now over. We have proven our willingness to defend ourselves. But they are still our neighbors. There will eventually be dealings with them. I cannot turn a blind eye to them, that would be shortshighted on many fronts" she added. "Besides, I feel as if there is more going on that I am not aware of" she said thoughtfully. "I have heard talk of training of Denestaer and Quarletz troops taking place in Waldenburg, and my father was quite vague about it when I brought up the topic" she shrugged. "And then he said that to build the ice dwarves a mountain he was going to create a sink hole in Waldenburg" she smiled, "any bets on it being at the secret training grounds?"

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14356 on: May 16, 2017, 12:12:50 AM »
"I'd never bet on what your father is likely to do, or not to do," he chuckled.

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14357 on: May 16, 2017, 12:36:44 AM »
"I can understand your sentiment, you are not the only one who feels that way" she shrugged. "It doesn't matter anyway, I only used it as a figure of speech. I have never actually bet, for monetary or favors,, on anything. And my father is much more devious than I am, so even when I think I have things figured out" she shrugged, "I don't."

Tamalyn ate quietly for a while thinking about their conversation. Then she remembered something he had said earlier. "You didn't actually tell me if sending care packages to deployed troops was something that I should be arranging."

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14358 on: May 17, 2017, 12:42:50 AM »
"No," he replied. "It is something to be done in your name. That isn't to say that you can't tell them when to, or even suggest things to include."

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14359 on: May 17, 2017, 01:09:55 AM »
"Interesting. I have questions about it, but I will not bore you with them. I will ask Indra or Dread" she said, "or perhaps the letter on my desk from the quarter master will explain it" she shrugged. She ate the next course quietly. Her mind was going over their conversation, her experience in the field, planning the mountain and numerous other things. "What do you do for fun" she asked him suddenly.

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14360 on: May 17, 2017, 10:20:16 PM »
"Exercise," he replied. "Weights, exercises and running. Keep the body in top shape and the mind follows."

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14361 on: May 17, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »
She nodded, "it shows" she said simply. "You have a magnificent body" she added smiling. "I like to paint, I can turn off my mind and take a break for a while. These day though, I have had to substitute building. It is similar to painting" she thought about her words, "it is a creation that requires my full attention, so all my other thoughts fade away for a while" she shrugged. "I have enjoyed our dinner. Thank you for joining me."

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14362 on: May 18, 2017, 02:28:56 AM »
"The pleasure was mine," he rose and bowed slightly. "I have to interview a cheesemaker," he grinned. "For the kitchen staff."

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14363 on: May 18, 2017, 04:20:58 PM »
Tamalyn finished her dessert then went to her study and wrote a thank you not for Oldwine's mothers. After that she went to bed.

In the morning she rose early and went to see Captain Steelheart. "Good morning. There is one thing that I would like you to arrange before we go. I want the grotto fully investigated for othe passages, magics, dangers and the like. I was thinking that the area might pose a danger to future residents, or perhaps if there is a habitable tunnel system it might be of interest. I really don't want layman exploring on their own, but it needs to be completed. If you could set things in motion before we leave, it would be a relief."

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14364 on: May 18, 2017, 10:08:57 PM »
"I will see to iy," she replied. "General Stonecutter has returned, he's been restricted to his quarters by the surgeon, but, he's back."

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14365 on: May 18, 2017, 10:32:00 PM »
Tamalyn considered, "very well. I will go pay him a visit while you arrange the grotto search. Then we will head to the dwarves" she said decisively. "Please have them be cautious, I do not want to lose anyone" she added.

Tamalyn made her way to Stonecutter's quarters. "Good morning" she said after being admitted to his room. "I am very glad to see you are still with us" she smiled, "you gave me a scare" she admitted. "You are not allowed to do that again" she added smiling.

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14366 on: May 18, 2017, 10:41:24 PM »
He was sitting up in bed, a rough army cot, surrounded by papers and a drawing board on his lap serving at a desk. His chest looked shaved and covered in scars and his face was pale and his eyes bright. Signs that he'd been fighting a fever. "Generals never die in battle, My Lady," he smiled a bit cheekily. "We die in bed, with somebody's wife."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:45:06 PM by Lord Palatine »

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14367 on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »
She gave her own chuckle at hid joke, but she was also studying his body with her power to see if the infection had passed. "What are you working on" she asked pretending to be trying to see his makeshift desk. When her examination was completed she added, "I thought that I would have found you unprepared for a mountain, I am not afraid to admit that I was wrong. I will have to keep trying to find something you haven't thought of" she added with a teading determination.

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14368 on: May 18, 2017, 11:31:40 PM »
"I'm reviewing everything that happened while I was gone," he replied. He showed no sign of infection, but his body showed that he'd burned a lot of his strength and reserves while away west. She could also see that he had a lot left. There was a deep well of strength to the man.

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14369 on: May 19, 2017, 12:59:16 PM »
"I can't stay long, I need to go visit the dwarves and pick a location for the mountain. But, I wanted to see you before I left. Now, you are to rest and recover your strength. Captain Steelheart is taking care of things quite admirably, as you said she would" she added before leaning over and kissing his cheek. She didn't heal him, she only pushed enough power to help him heal more quickly.

Tamalyn returned to Steelheart's office, she already had her gift basket from Brock and the plans for the mountain. "Are we ready?"

Moments later they were standing outside the small settlement. They walked in towards the new Duke's residence. Tamalyn introduced herself and explained that she needed to see the duke. "Your Grace" she said when they had been shown in. "I have an idea that I think you will find intriguing. How would you like to live in a mountain' she asked as she set the gift basket on a small table by the door.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:25:28 PM by Milady Kim »

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14370 on: May 19, 2017, 03:29:17 PM »
"What dwarf doesn't want to live in a mountain?" He chuckled. "But, we seem to have an abundance of flat here."

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14371 on: May 19, 2017, 04:15:53 PM »
"Well, I have these plans" she said bringing the rolled plans oit of her tiny bag, "they lay out what I need to do to build it. Now" she cautioned, "this does not mean you won't have to work for it. It will have the gates leading into a large clearing, but you will have to dig out your city. If you are interested  we will need to discuss the location with your regional scouts. I would like to limit the damage to your ecosystem and wind patterns, and they have been thoroughly exploring the region."

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14372 on: May 19, 2017, 06:57:15 PM »
"You mean to build a market?" He sounded rather skeptical.

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14373 on: May 19, 2017, 07:14:54 PM »
Tamalyn smiled, "no Your Grace, I plan to build you a mountain!" She paused, "the question is do you want one?"

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #14374 on: May 19, 2017, 08:06:37 PM »
"I would," he looked surprised. "But it would have to be very large," he still wasn't sure she could deliver.

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[Today at 10:25:15 AM]

Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[Yesterday at 11:50:37 PM]

[Yesterday at 09:24:43 PM]

[Yesterday at 09:02:27 PM]

[Yesterday at 08:37:26 PM]

[Yesterday at 06:59:55 PM]

[Yesterday at 05:43:38 PM]

[Yesterday at 03:37:08 PM]

[Yesterday at 07:01:53 AM]

[Yesterday at 01:52:55 AM]

[Yesterday at 12:03:24 AM]

[December 08, 2017, 11:23:13 PM]

[December 08, 2017, 08:35:00 PM]

[December 08, 2017, 08:18:44 PM]

[December 08, 2017, 07:30:45 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube