collapse

Author Topic: Faerie Element  (Read 1665 times)

Description:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
  • Awards NaNoWriMo Participant A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Faerie Element
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:43:02 PM »
Preface

Faerie is a term used for those with element residing in the heavenly realm. Ninety-five percent of the faerie population are female. I am Anzai, emissary of the heavenly realm, and one of the few male faeries. I am the strongest faerie in the heavenly realm. I have exceeded all expectations and I have risen to a level with no equal. Knowing this, why are they testing me?

Intelligence brought urgent news to the council that the underworld has their chosen one. The demon world believes one being shall shed light upon the darkness that is their world and with their rise, they'll bring the heavenly realm down. What light? What light would ever shine on those monsters who breach the earth realm to devour souls?

I've been dispatched to eliminate this being before it becomes a real threat to the heavenly realm. Infiltration was flawless, resistance was weak; but now that I'm here, why can't I kill it? I am the herald of lightning. While the element does not exist down here, the electricity flowing through my body and pike do exist and its strength is comparable. So why can't I do it!

It's crying. This prophesied demon is a child no older than my sister and is crying. It's not old enough to cry in the face of death--no, it's crying because it wants to be nurtured and loved. I've never seen a demon cry.

"Silence! You are a threat to everything!" It laughs at my words. I've never seen a demon laugh so gently. I can't kill this child. I won't kill this child. "We'll meet again someday." At that time, I will properly bring you to an end...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:28:28 PM by AnEmperor »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
Re: Faerie Element
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:44:43 PM »

Chapter 1 - Faeries

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:29:13 PM by AnEmperor »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 06:45:12 PM »
“It’s the demons!”
“Run!” voices cry as every living soul take to the streets in fear. The demons, padded beasts on the backs of dragons, swoop down to make their presence known. It’s no different from the time before; striking fear into their victims before the real assault is something they enjoy. At first, only few came from the underworld and the overgrown lizards rampaged to their hearts’ desire—the cold, dark, evil of their hearts. Now they bring along lackeys who ride midnight-colored horses without souls. Fire, cliffs, nor walls deter these terra beasts as they gallop through the city laying waste to anything that stands in their way.

Their demonic voices bellow throughout the city as they snatch the living from the earth. The dragons snatch them with their claws, the riders snag them with chains, and seldom will a horse-driven cart collect them by the hundreds. Gusts of fire blaze down on the rebellion that consists scattered souls taking arms at the last second. Bones shatter from the whiplash of the mighty beasts’ tails. Spears pierce through the fragile bodies of humans and render them suspended in animation—a torturous position where their mind wishes to continue as their bodies continue to fail them. Every once in a while, a human will snag a demon from on top and drag it to the ground; a dangerous act as the demon’s steed will turn its fiery breath on the assailant. Only one human has been known to take down a dragon and so his corpse hangs at the center of Earth’s greatest city, Memphis. No one dares remove his body in fear that the scent of his blood will cling to them and the dragons will recognize it.

“Take this beast,” one shouts from below while launching, with every ounce of strength in his body, a spear into the belly of a dragon.  The creature roars with an anger that vibrates windows and its bloodshot eyes turn towards the human who holds onto a chain attempting to wrap it around a post.

“Fly if you want! I’ll make sure you leave your guts behind!” he boldly declares. The dragon feels a tug on its innards and veers inward to avoid having its intestines scattered across the battlefield. It roars again flapping its wings to sustain flight. All it can do is circle the post as rebels wait on the ground to torch the beast should it touch base. There isn’t enough chain for the dragon to attack and pick up air speed for a quick turn around. In an attempt to release the inferno from its lungs, the dragon croaks as the pain is too much to release so much air.

“This is our only chance!” that one shouts grabbing a fire-struck two-by-four to smash it against the chest of a demon knight. His armor clatters to the floor and three spears jab into its neck to silence its cry. Nobody cares; nobody shows mercy but instead, attack mercilessly. Whether the women and children witnessed the gruesome organs of some demon swish across the street leaving a bloody trail, the rebels didn’t care. It was take or be taken; fight or be fought; drag or be driven.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:56:40 AM by Lord Palatine »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
One of the spearmen is snagged in the neck by a chained hook and dragged on the floor by one of the demon knights. The humans hold the post like a forte and fend off oncoming knights; that is, until another dragon glides over picking up the dust around them. The rebels shield their eyes and turn in its direction as the dragon makes its way back around. Its eyes glow orange with the flames bulging from its mouth as it releases a chunk molten saliva into the heart of the rebels. Still, the snagged dragon isn’t free. It roars intensely taking to the streets for a mere second before taking flight again. Its ally makes off into the distance to turn one-eighty and make another assault. The dragon's eyes glisten that fiery hue once more and the eyes of the last standing rebels narrow down in confidence to take the impact. To them, death is more comforting than slavery.

Fear among the rebels rise as the overwhelming feeling of death grips their bodies. One rebel leaps away from the group and crashes into some nearby boxes. The others consider him cowardly as they continue to hold their ground. Their fists clench their weapons and their muscles brace for impact. Their hearts beat with the strength of thunder and for some, tears cleanse their cheeks of battle. They know it’s their end. They know what road lies ahead and they accept it with open arms. One pulls forward and aligning himself straight on with the beast launches a spear. The spear twirls through the air slicing the wind with a howling cry towards the dragon. A growl rages from the beast’s belly as it opens its mouth and reduces the spear to ashes but continues on a direct path for the post.

“Argh!” the man cries bringing his arms to shield his face. His flesh feels an intense heat mixed in with an intense wind. and his clothes are blown in an easterly direction. It was so sudden and so powerful that it would have knocked him off his feet had he not held his ground adamantly. Instead, he stumbled and tossed his arms in the air to sustain balance.

“It’s the sky dragon!” another shouts. The man’s ears perk up as he opens his eyes to see that the fiery blast, the dragon, and its rider were blown to the side into a rundown building. A cheer develops through the group but the roar of the snagged dragon brings them back to reality as the man, in all his glee, had run to outer radius of the circle. The dragon swoops down opening its jaws to reveal two rows of blood thirsty and angry teeth. Without much knowledge as to what's transpired, the man finds himself back at the circle’s center safely.

“What?” he questions patting down his own body for verification. An ally hugs him ecstatically. Bewildered still, the man focuses on the beautiful princess standing before him. Relaxed jean pants with enough tightness to secure her gear but not enough to completely define her body. Her corset is visible, which means she’s only half-dressed for battle as normally, for this princess, a small jacket would hug her shoulders. Her gloved fists tighten and her eyes shift to their corners to acknowledge him.

“Princess,” the man gasps, dropping to his knees while putting his head down.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:57:17 AM by Lord Palatine »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 10:06:43 PM »
Please, don’t bow…

Juna turns her attention back to the dragon still bellowing. In one graceful leap, Juna reaches the dragon's circular path and in another catches up to its rear. Juna's movements are quick, precise, and flawless as each step taken is in sync and necessary. The proclaimed princess side steps to avoid the whiplash of the dragon's tail, then leaps onto its scaly back. The beast roars in anger at the creature on its back. Juna grabs the scales for balance as the lizard takes to the ground to force some turbulence. Juna makes her way to the center of its back and wraps the harness around her right arm. With her left palm extended before her, Juna begins to accumulate air.

“Die!” Juna releases the channeled wind opposite the beast’s intended path forcefully veering it off course. The chain pulls on its gut and tears through the underside of its belly.  The dragon croaks while spilling its entrails across the ground. Juna makes her escape as the wailing dragon spirals to the floor motionless.

“Yeah!” the rebels shout and cheer. Juna stands erect with no sign of fatigue or loss of breath and overlooks the field at her fellow fighters who, like her, have descended from the heavens to fight.

Juna blindly watches one of her comrades with a spear in hand, leap back continuously as a demon knight pursues.  The woman leaps to the side, to the left, right, back, and forward again. The horse grows dizzy from the constant change in direction and the rider grows frustrated so he pulls back furiously on the reigns.

Eiko…will these battles ever end?  More importantly, do you want them to end? I know you love to fight. You stay after regular sessions for extended hours...training. You train in the morning before breakfast, you train in the evening for thrills, and you train at night before you sleep. Is it a fear that someone will replace you? No way love…nobody could ever replace you. You’re a part of our group forever. Perhaps...

Alas, after displaying her agility, Eiko has made her way toward the demon knight's rear. She leaps onto the horse's back, drives the spear into the rider's neck and kicks off before the dead weight of the knight falling to one side dragged the horse into the pavement.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:57:43 AM by Lord Palatine »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 10:48:02 PM »
Juna turns her attention toward the right to see another one of her comrades taking on three of the demon knight who’ve left their horses for hand to hand combat. With narrow escapes and unbelievable twists of her body, the fighter succeeds in dropping two to the ground. The knights stand back, annoyed that the fighter is simply toying with them. With some minor coordination, the three charge for her once more.

Juno. Although I’ve forgotten the sight of your face, I know what it looks like. I know you’re thinking and wondering. As to the extent of your thoughts, I don’t know. It’s always something different—always something new. I believe in your words, no matter how far-fetched. There’s a truth in every lie and a lie in every truth. We just change the words around to make it seem like one or the other. By now, you’re probably wondering why we haven’t taken this battle to the source. If we take this battle to the source, will we like what we find...

Juno parries one staff with a swift leg to block another and continuing her spiral motion brings her other foot across both their faces. She bends forward completely to avoid a thrust from behind then bringing her legs up, she snatches the weapon with her feet. Completing her usual flow of movements, Juno somersaults in place to slice the demon's body in half vertically. Juna releases a sigh of relief followed by a smile as Juno turns to her with fingers curled together while her index and middle finger represent victory.

“Take that!” a recognizable voice turns Juna's head toward her rear. Juna can feel the wind pattern change dramatically from the swing a large and broad sword. The blade carves the pavement with every swing but even for its size and weight, the girl wields it at ease. She ducks down twirling it at her back to slice two knights, one at the waist and the other at the throat.

Zuki, there are those who count on your skills, not your pride. You wield your weapon like a trainee, testing new moves and trying next to impossible antics during battle. What else can I call your heated frolics besides dumb luck? Maybe, just maybe, your larking about is your skill and the heart of your battle. I wonder, exactly who are you trying to impress...

Zuki dashes forward with a sizable grin on her face towards a grounded dragon. Zuki drives the blade into the ground and with her pent of momentum, allows her body to twist to its limits. When her momentum caught up, she pulled the blade from the earth, drove her hand into the ground, and released it as a sprialling frenzy. The blade whips through the air with all its built up potential energy and severs the dragon's head from its body.

“Take that beast!”
“Zuki, behind you!”
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:58:09 AM by Lord Palatine »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 02:42:24 PM »
 Thank you Sanako. You’ve saved Zuki from another ‘miscalculation’ as she’d call it. Although we know she's capable, you’re always there to watch her back. You’re our fearless leader, whether you want to be or not. You’re who we turn to, you’re our eldest ‘sister’ and, though we laugh, you’ll take the heat for our mistakes. Taken to be serious, headstrong, and gallant, you feel fear just like the rest of us...

“Juna behind you!” Juna ducks, wide-eyed with surprise as a blade swings just above her head. She scurries on all fours before taking her graceful leaps to Sanako's side. Juna quickly turns to glare at the demon who bellows with laughter before speaking in a broken tongue.
“Close one sweetie.”

I’m Juna—fast, unrelenting, and hates being called ‘sweetie’ by anything less than a handsome prince. Yeah, my expectations are high and is the real reason no man has been able to conquer my heart. Then again, my heart is probably my real weakness...

“Eh?” a voice squeaks when Juna takes a step back. Juna turns a casual eye downward to a little girl at the center of the five. Juna grinds her teeth as the demons encroach upon them in a circular fashion. The little girl won’t survive a battle, especially with the final dragon lying in wait behind the demons. Zuki knows she could slay the beast with one swing of her blade had she not thrown it away. Juna has little faith that she could escape the enclosure with the child in hand.

Sanako’s mind races through various plans as her eyes explore the environment, the demons, the dragon, and the distinct abilities of her comrades. All she could manage is an all-out battle to crush the opposition before the opposition could crush them. Sanako’s eyes narrow with anger at the position she's allowed her group to fall into. If only she'd taken these fights more seriously, is what she thinks. She hears a low growl emerge from the fiend’s belly that serves as a warning and realizes that her time for thinking is up.

“Hya!” a voice breaks Sanako from her death grip trance as a figure leaps over their group in the path of the dragon and slams his fist into the pavement. The ground cracks and ruptures beneath the armored boots of the demon knights throwing some to the ground while startling others. "I'm not finished! Desert...Pikes!"

Kaz! Our soul protector and savior. Although you’re not officially a member the Black Element, we did name ourselves after you. You're living proof that miracles don't always come from the heavens. Now we'll rejoice for your timing and usual grand entrance. Your true element is unknown and so is the extent of your ability. Others fear you, the Counsel watches you, and we love you...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:58:32 AM by Lord Palatine »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline AnEmperor

• Game Master
  • Knight Bachelor
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »
“Kaz!” Zuki leaps into her savior's arms. He twirls like a lover does his bride and gently puts her down.
“Hey Zuki.”
“Did you see me? I wiped the floor with those demons. The blazing warrior stalks her victim and leaps out snatching life and soul from beneath its feet,” she lurks about in a pretend fashion as Zuki is always filled with life. “But wait, it brought reinforcements and that’s when her knight in shining armor comes to the rescue!”
“Ha, I hardly call this shining armor,” Kaz tugs on the uniform clothing his body.

“Hey Kaz.”
“Kazi!”
“Shouldn’t you be training,” Sanako pulls in front of Eiko and Juno and then quickly closes the gap between Kaz and herself.
“Hey, now. Didn’t I just save the day?”
“Yes, you did...Thank you, Kazama.” Sanako's temper fades as she gently places her head against Kaz's chest. "Thank you, as always."

"Eh hem," Zuki crosses her arms and taps her left foot. "Eh...hem!" Sanako grins slightly against his chest, looks up into his confused eyes, and winks at Zuki. "We have a concert to be at, captain."

“That was today?” Juno questions with intuitive eyes followed by a less than pleasant expression. "Ha, m'lady's going to have our heads on a platter."

“Come on, let’s go!” Sanako orders dashing off toward the closest shrine while acknowledging the gratitude shown by the humans as she passes.
“Kaz! You’re coming aren’t you?” Zuki grabs Kaz's hand and tugs him forward.
“I’ve got front row seats!”

Kaz stops at the entrance of the shrine to observe its markings. They’re elegantly carved into the gold surrounded by grape vines. He can make sense of the literature, but he is still learning the language. Sand flows from an Eagle’s mouth into a serpent’s and both their eyes are rubies of various colors. Inside the shrine is a patch of grass surrounded by massive pillars with water streaming along the inner edge of the pillars.

This shrine, built of solid gold, is our transport to the heavenly realm. Nothing can use its gate without the artifact entrusted to team captains. Kaz always wonders: if we live in the heavenly realm, then what is this place called Earth...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:59:02 AM by Lord Palatine »

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[April 20, 2018, 10:54:30 PM]

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[April 20, 2018, 10:02:27 PM]

[April 20, 2018, 09:38:36 PM]

[April 18, 2018, 11:44:03 AM]

[April 18, 2018, 03:14:18 AM]

[April 18, 2018, 02:24:47 AM]

[April 18, 2018, 01:27:45 AM]

[April 14, 2018, 11:35:23 PM]

[April 14, 2018, 11:22:50 PM]

[April 13, 2018, 09:51:41 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 01:34:49 AM]

[April 12, 2018, 11:28:16 AM]

[April 11, 2018, 11:40:28 PM]

[April 11, 2018, 10:23:18 PM]

[April 11, 2018, 10:11:46 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube