collapse

Author Topic: Why I Laugh  (Read 1136 times)

Description:

Not Yet Rated!

Sion Reaver

Why I Laugh
« on: June 14, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »
(OCC: An older first-person piece. Feel free to comment, if you want.)

Lets see here, how do I start? My name is Exon Sage, and I'm probably one of my the most unique and unsterotyped Angel your gonna meet. Before I continue, lets get some facts out of the way. One is I'm the next Seraphim in line, meaning I get to stand back, look important and have alot of power at my disposal, the poltical kind anyway. This also means, I have a bit of a limited freedom in terms of some choices. For one, I won't be able to choose my wife...We'll I Can its just she has to be an Angel and most of the ones at Blight City I can't stand. Secondly, I'll have to live in my pops shadow and be known as "Norphues" Jr. stuck in a postion I don't need or want. When I do finally die, I want to be know for me Exon Sage, not as Jr. I don't care if it makes me a nobody I just want someone to say at my funeral, "Hey remember Exon? Funny guy huh?" Or, "Naw, he sucked and tried a bit to hard."

Either or I'd be happy with.

Blight City itself isn't so bad, in fact its actually nice. Problem is almost everyone here is so uptight and serious all the time, its drives me crazy. Would it kill you to smile a bit more or laugh? Life's to short, even to those who don't age. The females(most of them) act as they weren't serious all the time, then they would explode in a completely inlogical gory mass of flesh. Its gotten a bit better, but not much. The male Angels of Blight City, are a bit better not much either. Their thing is they liked talking about things that completely uninterested me(Who the hell really wants to know about a theory that if upset the greater balance things would get screwed over?) I was one of the few that wasn't uptight or super-serious. It was like I was born in a diffrent time being completely out of place.

Most people didn't apperciate my humour when I tried to share it with them. One time I remember telling a joke and they took it literally. You know, for a race thats renknowned for their intellgience almost as much as Dragons, us Angels can be dumb as rocks to. My mother was diffrent though. Strong-willed, and very beautiful with silver hair(both my parents had silver hair, how did I end up with the blonde look?) I loved her to pieces. She was serious but not overly so and relaxed and besides my dad, was the only one who seemed to laugh at my jokes. She would be sad at times, but no matter how depressed she was I could always make her laugh atleast a little. It was a good thing, I think I was one of the things that kept her going besides my old man. I didn't know at the time, but my mother suffered from a disease that not even Angels were immune to and only our race caught it, but it wasn't contagious atleast. The name isn't in my short term memory right now, but to put it short-it slowly drains on our holy energy until it sucks us dry eventually causing the victim to die. My father and mother didn't tell me this. And I'll always remember the day she seemed more depressed then usual. I did the usual but it wasn't enough, I only got her to smile a little, she said something to me and then left to her room.

The next day my mother died.

Her death was expected by everyone who knew, but their was a heavy atomosphere of sadness and mourning that even myself couldn't shrugg off like I did normally. Me being the naive-little kid we all were at one point didn't completely understand what had happened. All my dad said was that she wasn't here with us anymore but where she went, he never answered. Its often assumed that because of our origins and the fact we Are Angels that we know more about what happens after some one finally kicks the bucket. Truth is, we don't have a damned clue either. If anyone would know, it would have been the Very first Seraphim but he had disspeared, going off on some journey for some unknown purpose. Want to know something odd? After my mom died, I actually began praticing my craft a bit more on making people laugh I don't know why I just had a strong urge to do it. Stranger was the fact that afterwards, people became alot more accepting of my little acts and actually spared a chuckle or two, and were less uptight. I think my mothers death reminded us that not everyday we have is guaranteed, that any moment out life could be cut short by something, it made them live a bit more.

Kind of sad to think the only way for them to loosen up was the death of my mother. She was one of those people that was just geuinely warm, their was no material motive or anything. She was the type of person that would give her blood to complete stranger who moments ago threatend her with something. I still wonder were she is right now, but probably in Heaven. I've always wondered if someone were to get into Heaven, would we have to be uptight and rightous all the time, would we have to worry about always doing the right thing with fear of getting thrown out of "Paradise"? I don't know. I wish I knew. If thats really the case though, I think I'd have better time in Hell(Atleast their I could always pick up demon chicks. Eon's of doing nothing must have made them kinky)

Their's still alot I don't know, and I'm ignorant on alot of things but I try. No matter how much I progress though, I honestly don't think I'll ever be as wise as my father..his wisdom is way beyond his years and he's really, really old. Like Dinosaur-age old. How old I don't know, Angels male or female are a bit sensetive about their age. I think in a way, my pop's know's this because he never really harped on me about the Seraphim thing. If I decide to go though with it, it will be a while. I kind of what to get away from it as long as possible. I've had the displeasure of possible wifes to go with my title, and all of them were ugly. Not phyiscally, they all could have made anyone give a second glance or two. I mean they had a Really ugly spirit, if their inner beauty showed on the outside they wouldn't just crack mirrors, they make their reflection scream in horror before the glass shattered.

So as it stands, I don't have myself a girlfriend, and on really further thinking about it I find I don't care. Countless years have passed with me being a lost soul wandering around Halzara trying to fine my place, one were I would just Know it was for me. No matter were I went though, I still never really felt at home like I used to or had any real solid friends. Course, that changed by mere chance when I got into a battle with a strange unknown entity, lets just say it more or less handed my ass to me and knocked me out. When I woke up, I found myself in a castle of some kind. Their was a female dragon by the name of Radja and a Celestial by the name of Shiroma who lived their. They nursed me back to health pretty much. It turns out I ended up on a backwater planet called Earth, pollution, lack of variety among races, and add the fact it was so small didn't make me think any good thoughts about it.(It was like comparing a village to a large city)

I stayed their for some time, since like Radja she was from the same place I was from. Only problem was, our power to travel to any realm we wanted was messed up for what ever reason, she to had run into what ever it was I had. Radja and Shiroma were the first real friends I had since..we'll forever. Shiroma was done to earth and was pretty genial, though she was so clumsy she could trip going in a straight line, which off sets her title called "Death Bringer". Not to mention her cooking skills are more like a deadly art. (I often wondered if she was skilled in various posions). It turned out she's just really bad at cooking for what ever reason, it was like trying to feed Super-Man a bowel of Kryptonite cereal. I get along with her well enough and can make her laugh so hard that she'll make this sound.(Or she'll shoot milk out of her nose)Its funny because it doesn't look like it would come from a Celestial, a supposedly "Flawless" race of beings.

Radja on the other hand, is a diffrent story.

Getting along with her isn't the problem, she's actually a very mellow and easy-going person. Just as long as you don't mess with Shiroma, otherwise the Dr.Jackal Mr. Hide thing starts going and get pissed.(Who invented that term? Did someone get so angry that they lost control of their bladder or something?) I liked Radja because she was always(Or almost always) cool, calm and collected. She didn't usually let her anger get the better and she often anaylzed things, planning one or two steps ahead of our game plan. If it wasn't for her, me and Shiroma would have died. Clumsyness mixed with an Angel who didn't know what he was doing half the time didn't go we'll together. The problem is, I can't get her to laugh. I mean I can the most I can but most I can get from her is a light laugh, smile or maybe a breif chuckle but thats it. If I can get Radja to laugh her ass atleast once, that will be another thing to scratch off my list of the things I want to accomplish before I die. Speaking of which, here they are:

1: Get Radja to laugh hard enough to were she snorts(Hopefully she'll be drinking something so some of liquid shoots out of her nose)

2: If/When married, make sure I can stand said woman before making Exon Jr.(If we can get through a weekend with just the two of us, with out thinking of how to dispose of each others bodies, thats a good sign)

3: Have a mind-blowing sexual encounter with a vampire girl(Has to be good-looking)

4: See three

5: The next time I see a ugly a girl wearing a shirt that says "Sexy" or "Cutie" I'll tell them to replace the shirt-thats false advertisement after all.

6: Tell the High Elves their bunch of wheenies(Actually I have, so I'll have to do something bigger)

Now back on track. All three of us have somehow roused the anger of a deity named Serintheus, known by few feared by all. I don't fear him, in fact I wonder why anyone would. I mean the guy's the most generic villain since Skeltor, sending his minions to do the work to die a bloody death while he sits on his ass until the last second. Though, Serintheus is another ball-less pretty boy, I do know he packs a mean punch(or slap). Joking aside, he's pretty dangerous but I don't fear him the worse he can do is end my life right? Not to mention I'd get to see my dead mother and maybe my dog to if they go anywhere. People often ask me why I like to laugh and make people laugh. For a while, I had no answer. I later realized I liked to laugh because at times people are way to serious and life is short and then you die. Any second you or you loved one's could be ripped violently away from you, and your going to wish you spent some more happy moments with them. I like to laugh because if you don't, who will? Take things to seriously and you'll go nuts, life will eat you up. If I managed to make you laugh or smile..even a little I guess I'm all right atleast I know my mother is proud of me. And if you don't like me, then I don't care.

I told you why I laugh, and if your not laughing your not living. Its up to you to figure out why you laugh though. We'll its been fun and thanks for listening to me ramble on. If your ever feeling a bit down, look me up.

-Exon Sage
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 12:58:17 AM by Sion Reaver »

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[April 20, 2018, 10:54:30 PM]

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[April 20, 2018, 10:02:27 PM]

[April 20, 2018, 09:38:36 PM]

[April 18, 2018, 11:44:03 AM]

[April 18, 2018, 03:14:18 AM]

[April 18, 2018, 02:24:47 AM]

[April 18, 2018, 01:27:45 AM]

[April 14, 2018, 11:35:23 PM]

[April 14, 2018, 11:22:50 PM]

[April 13, 2018, 09:51:41 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 01:34:49 AM]

[April 12, 2018, 11:28:16 AM]

[April 11, 2018, 11:40:28 PM]

[April 11, 2018, 10:23:18 PM]

[April 11, 2018, 10:11:46 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube