collapse

Author Topic: We, the missing...  (Read 30620 times)

Description:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Grand Duke/Grand Duchess
  • Face for radio, voice for print!
  • Awards Has made 9,000+ posts Has made 8,000+ posts Has made 7,000+ posts Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
Re: We, the missing...
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2009, 05:25:07 PM »
"We don't know that there are any," Diana shrugged.  "Just that they didn't want to chase us into them.  There could be nothing, because what would make something keep to the woods?"

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »
"That's true, there may be nothing in these woods, but then again, there are a lot of creatures that prefer the woods over wide open spaces. I personally, prefer the comfort of the woods to wide open spaces. There is more places to hide and watch your pray, and there is more cover in the woods to protect yourself from the enemy. There are also the downfalls of the woods also, but I try not to think about those to much. And when I do think of them, I make sure there is nothing there watching," Otric chuckled at her own statement.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Awards Has made 9,000+ posts Has made 8,000+ posts Has made 7,000+ posts Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2009, 12:33:43 PM »
"Have you noticed that its dead quiet?" Diana looked around.  "No bugs or birds anywhere.  I haven't seen a living thing besides people since I woke up."

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2009, 04:17:28 PM »
Otric looked around and frowned, "ya know, i didn't realize it before, but now that you say something, your right," she couldn't help but feel a bit of sadness, it was just to quiet around.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »
The men tugged out a few long, thin trees and set to work building a lean-to, covered with huge leaves that looked like elephant's ears.

"There's no dead wood in there," one of the men reported.

"Everything looks too new," another supplied.

Then came the hum of the grotto signaling that the grails were being filled, after gathering them they sat to eat, it was a little cooler than before as the sun dimmed.  "It's going to rain," Diana said as she looked up.  "I hope I don't wake up with a big wet l;eaf plastered to my face."

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »
Otric listened to the men talk about how everything seemed to all be 'new'. "Your telling me there is not a single dead branch out there or anything?" Otric was a little flustrated. She did chuckle when Diana mentioned the wet leaf, "I am sure you'll be just fine. Leaf or no leaf."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2009, 07:40:23 PM »
As the raindrops started they all sat under the lean-to and opened their dinner.

"It looks like a park," he replied.  "There were sticks and branches down where we arrived, but now I think they were hacked off with something.  I think everything here is fairly new.  Look at the sides of the hills as they rise up, sheer but no layers or erosion, its a little rough but that's all."

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2009, 02:54:50 PM »
Otric watched as the rain came down, and listened to the one that spoke. She looked up at the mountains. He was right, they did seem like they just kind of sprung up from no where with no erosion or anything. In fact, she thought it was extremly odd now that she looked around, it was bad enough most of it felt like a dream, but with the rain coming down on the make shift lean too, and the smell of it coming to her nostirls she was starting to think maybe this was some sort of weapon to confuse her. That she was put in some sort of cell and really, she hadn't moved 2 inches from where she had come 'ashore'. Otric sighed. "Whatever is going on, I have to figure out how to get out of here," she said more to herself than to the ones around her.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »
"Be hard to do," one of the men said.  "The mountains ring all I can see of the water, I've seen no game or fish, maybe some of the plants are edible, we'll see in time, but geography and resources could hold us here."

(I plan to describe the men soon so they are more than thems)

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2009, 07:09:21 PM »
"Yea seems that way," Otric agreed. "Either way though, this place has an odd feeling about it. Something isn't right here, and for that matter, I want to know why we are all here." Otic watched as the rain came down and it seemed the earth drank it up as quickly as it came down.

{ Ok np  :) }

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2009, 08:39:56 PM »
"I as well," Diana agreed as she held a piece of cloth that came with her dinner out in the rain.  "One thing I wonder, how far do these grottoes go?  Because if they want to keep us here they won't have them where they don't want us to go.  So if they get farther apart that may be a sign we're going in the right direction."

The Players
  • Diana, from 6th Century Northumbria in England
  • Pasha Kirov, from 12th Century Russia
  • William Chen, from 19th Century Hong Kong
  • Nils Augustsson, from 20th Century Iceland
  • Arago Mendez, from 20th Century Argentina
Others
  • Tiberius Strabo, from 3rd Century Rome
  • Radec, 15th Century Wallacia
  • Willy Keeler, from 20th Century, Toronto Canada
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:51:27 AM by Lord Palatine »

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2009, 03:07:12 PM »
"Yea that would probably be a good summory of things." Otric watched as Diana took the cloth and held it out in the rain, "I wonder exactly what kind of rain this really is. It seems like it's freash, but it really doesn't seem to be pooling any place on the ground." Otric took the cloth from her gretto also and looked at the cloth. It seemed odd they always seemed to have what they needed, what was the point of bringing them here just to keep them happy with stuff they need and to keep them fed.

As otric examined her cloth she would keep an eye out on the water that fell from the sky and the wood lines around them. It seemed like it was night time, but yet when she looked out she could see better than she had ever before. She knew that her species were always good at seeing in the dark, but usually you would have to have moon light or some sort of light source around here. There was no moon tonight, not with the rain clouds, and there was no light from a fire or anything. It seemed odd so she looked at Diana, "Does it seem like you can see better than you normally can in the dark Diana?" She asked her as she continued to look out at the woods.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »
"In the dark? She looked around.  "Not that I notice."  She drew in the cloth when the rain stopped, it held the water and didn't allow it to leak through.  "It holds water, it'll keep us dry and we can use it yo carry water if we need."

The Players
Others

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »
Otric shrugged, "oh well maybe it's just me. Things are so odd around here I can't tell whats real and what isn't." Otric frowned and watched as the rain came to a stop. When Diana brought the cloth back inside it was filled with water, "Well that will definantly come in handy won't it," She chuckled slightly.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »
"It will," she said, flicking the water from it and placing her small hoard of goods in the center and rigging it into a pack.  She watched curiously as William rolled himself a cigarette and lit it from their tiny fire.  "That can't be good for you," she commented.

"Possibly," he shrugged.  "But the habit is ingrained deeply into me."

Nils gathered his own extras together and shook his head.  "It's horrible for you, why would they give us alcohol, tobacco and pot?  Its like they are encouraging us to do unhealthy things."

The Players
Others

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2009, 02:19:19 PM »
"I see no pots here," Otric looked around the place to see what they come from, "And the alochol can come in handy for scratches and cuts and stuff. It has more uses than just getting drunk and stupid with. As far as the cigs, well," she picked her stuff up and rolled one up herself. Lighting it she puffed on it, "Their not as bad if you know how to use them in moderation," she chuckled.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »
"This," Nils showed her the ground leaf.  "Is pot, or ganja, weed, herb, chronic, mary jane, its got a lot of names.  It'll waste you easier than the alcohol.  But why would they give us so many vices."

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »
Otric took a hit off her cigerette and let out the smoke slowly. Picking up the leaf that Nils had showed her she examined it, "Odd, I still don't see it. I guess it would be a lot like the tobacco huh?" She questioned. They didn't have that stuff from where she came from, what they had they called 'spice'. It was a nasty drug and not many people got out of using it. Once you take a hit, you were addicted to it for life. She was lucky, she had seen many of her friends consumed by it and never got into the stuff, so otric had stayed away from it.

"The only thing we have that will mess you up faster than alcohol on Tatooine is called spice. It's a nasty drug, and you don't smoke it, you inject it into your arms or legs. Pretty nasty stuff, I've seen way to many people get killed by it." She couldn't help but continue to stare at the planet she had in her hand. She had lost her best friend to it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2009, 04:24:29 PM »
"Sounds like opium," Nils nodded.  "Weed is more like tobacco, except it fuddles your mind."

"Not a good time to be befuddled," Pasha opined.

"Save it," Diana shrugged.  "If we can't trade it we may find a time to be fuddled later."

The Players
Others

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2009, 10:09:17 AM »
Otric laughed slightly at the word fuddled, she'd never really heard it before, but it seemed interesting. She only assumed that they had meant 'stupid minded', but without sounding like a total idoit she didn't ask what it meant. "Yea good idea, who knows, might come in handy for things as well." Otric took another hit off her cigerette and then put it out. She was never very good at actually finishing them, she seemed to take a few hits off of it and let most of it burn in her hand. She was never really sure why. "So what you guys think about getting some sleep? Diana and I will keep watch half the night and then we will wake two of you up to keep a watch so we can sleep." Otric was in a hurry to just get the night over. She wasn't sure what tomorrow would bring, but she had hoped that it would be better than what today had brought.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2009, 03:17:45 PM »
Diana nodded and looked around.  "In a place like this, who knows what'll happen next?  But today was eventful enough."

She turned so her back was no longer toward the fire as the men made themselves comfortable for the night.  "Who knows how people will act with no laws to hold them in check?"

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2009, 04:17:04 PM »
"Yes today was very eventful, hopefully the night will be quiet, but for some reason, I am not so sure we are that lucky," Otric turned herself the opposite direction as Diana so that they could keep an eye on all ways.

"I am almost afraid to find out. I can't imagine that it will be good. I guess the thing to remember is we are all here for some reason and we should all work together to find out why," Otric yawned slightly as she was very tired, but she was used to staying awake long hours of the day and even longer hours at night. She watched the woods with as much interest as the people behind her were trying to sleep.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »
"Not a bird, or bat, or night creature of any kind," Diana said quietly.  "Not even a mosquito.  Not that I miss them, but this close to water we should be swarmed.  I'd dearly love to see a fish though, I love fresh broiled fish."

Not Yet Rated!

Mrs_B_2006

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2009, 10:41:31 AM »
"I know seems rather odd doesn't it, but then again, it's not like we came here because we wanted to," Otric whispered back to Diana, "I almost wish there was something out there, some sort of cat, or rancor, anything that would pose some sort of threat. This is almost to boring," Otric admitted slightly at a whisper. The thought of the things she used to hunt back on her home universe made her excited, how she was starting to miss the excitment of having to run and hide from the Empire, and how she had to fight off people that she didn't want around. Otric let out a long frustrating sigh, with that she retrieved one of the cigerettes she had rolled earlier and lit it, taking a deep drag off of it and holiding it in her lungs she let the smoke burn her lungs for a momment and then slowly released the smoke from her.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2009, 01:31:24 PM »
"We don't need cats or anything," Diana sighed.  "We have people.  I've lost no one to beasts on four legs, but many on two."

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[Yesterday at 11:44:03 AM]

Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[Yesterday at 03:14:18 AM]

[Yesterday at 02:24:47 AM]

[Yesterday at 01:27:45 AM]

[April 14, 2018, 11:35:23 PM]

[April 14, 2018, 11:22:50 PM]

[April 13, 2018, 09:51:41 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 01:34:49 AM]

[April 12, 2018, 11:28:16 AM]

[April 11, 2018, 11:40:28 PM]

[April 11, 2018, 10:23:18 PM]

[April 11, 2018, 10:11:46 PM]

[April 11, 2018, 01:29:40 PM]

[April 09, 2018, 12:41:22 AM]

[April 08, 2018, 11:56:32 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube