collapse

Author Topic: The Tamber Saga  (Read 9140 times)

Description: The Story of Tamalyn Traveler Continues

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Grand Duke/Grand Duchess
  • Saying it with Steam
  • Awards Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
Re: The Tamber Saga
« Reply #1300 on: January 12, 2018, 12:49:29 AM »
"Well, it seems that there was a coup and they imprisoned the Tangart's, were threatening the people we employ and attempting to purloin our buildings. But, I suspect it was really mostly about the Tangart's. Papa likes him, he is a good man. So he repossessed the entire district, people and all. Some of these stores are grocers, but they will not have that much food on hand. Plus, I have a feeling that they were having difficulty getting deliveries for a while. Marshal Serpental, would you please have a few field kitchens set up around town. Food will calm everyone down" she added.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Face for radio, voice for print!
  • Awards Has made 9,000+ posts Has made 8,000+ posts Has made 7,000+ posts Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1301 on: January 12, 2018, 01:05:45 AM »
"I'll send to the Frontier Army, they are close by," he scribbled out a dispatch. "Besides, the way I phrased it, Marshall Lawford will want to see this for herself."

Sure enough, she was there a short time later. "Wagons are loading," she reported. "Any idea where to set up?"

"There's something of a stadium," Amrick pointed. "They race horses there, they used to host brawls there too, anyway, it should be large enough."

"Now," Lawford looked around and sighed. "How did this happen?"

"I'm curious to know that as well," Ramon said from behind them. "Apparently a coup started it all?"

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
  • Awards Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts Has made 1,000+ posts Has made 500+ posts Significant assistance in troubleshooting problems A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Awards
« Reply #1302 on: January 12, 2018, 01:14:06 AM »
"Oh my" she looked at everyone. "It happened because someone poised my father off royally" she said simply, "I am not sure of all the details and I believe that you will have to wait until tomorrow to get the complete story. There had been trouble in Valcastria since the rebellion began. First they began charging higher taxes for those working for foreign business, then they began attempting to overtake those businesses. Then they began any embargo of my father's holdings. He has guards, lots of them, so thru didn't get into or areas. I believe the final straw came when they imprisoned Billie Tangart and his family. So, now we have this lovely city" she smiled at the king. "I was going to notify you, there just hadn't been time" she shrugged.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Awards Has made 9,000+ posts Has made 8,000+ posts Has made 7,000+ posts Has made 6,000+ posts Has made 5,000+ posts Has made 4,000+ posts Has made 3,000+ posts Has made 2,000+ posts A Founding Member of the Guild A Board Game Master
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1303 on: January 12, 2018, 01:18:53 AM »
"The place is barely moved," Indra nodded. "I know a little about how Valcaster operates, and it seems that the four marshalls overthrew the Grand Marshall and now one of them governs."

Ramon nodded. "That makes some sense," he sighed. "It's been going sideways down there for a while. I sort of wish that I could have seen their expressions when everything disappeared." He looked around again. "So, what is the plan?"

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1304 on: January 12, 2018, 01:36:15 AM »
"Right now" she asked, "the plan is to feed them. Seriously, it has been here less than an hour, I have known about it less than two hours. But, I chose this location because it is the next city I planned to build up. This is the first thing anyone from Selnendrin proper sees when they travel here. There are some really good businesses that will do well here. I am looking at this as a 'build it and they will come ' situation. They have all their housing, furniture, shops and equipment. What they don't have is food because of the embargo. They probably have other supplies needed to restock, but that is why I asked Annika to come. There may be some who wish to move to other locations, and a few that will need to move in order to thrive, but that can wait a few days. We need to get them calmed, fed and relaxed first" she said, "then we can sit down and talk things over properly. Oh,  and Tangart is here. He is resting as well. But, I am certain that if you return in the morning you will get better answers."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1305 on: January 12, 2018, 01:41:15 AM »
A corporal rode up quickly. "My Lady, good deal of food in a warehouse, looks very fresh and I doubt it's been there long. All perishable stuff, vegetables and stuff mostly. But we've checked other places, the grain mills for the breweries and distilleries are full, so are the stock rooms for the bakeries and taverns. Oh, and the bank managers are already huddled and want to talk about exchanging their coin for those of the Realm. Bankers move fast, I guess."

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1306 on: January 12, 2018, 01:54:26 AM »
She smiled at the King, "see, they are industrious. And, my father planned ahead" she didn't mention that he probably took the food from somewhere in Valcastria. "This will be like Caste" she smiled. "Annika, will you please go speak with the bankers. And set up meeting of all shop keepers for after breakfast tomorrow. We can address any issues they have then." She considered, "we should probably see if anyone has any medical needs" she said considering, "though, probably not. There is a good herbalist in the craft village."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1307 on: January 12, 2018, 01:58:59 AM »
"I'll get the hospitals staffed quickly," Amrick replied. "The Redwall had it's own militia, hired by the Traver business managers in Valcastria, so we'll need to talk to them about continuing on as city militia. Basically, we have our first city that is populated before we can set up a form of government. It would probably be a good idea to involve Billie in setting up the city government."

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1308 on: January 12, 2018, 02:04:47 AM »
"I need to speak with Duke Caradale for that. This is his lands" but something did occur to her,  "Your Majesty,  would Billie be accepted for a baron, should the Duke approve? Because these people would feel more comfortable knowing he was here for them."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1309 on: January 12, 2018, 02:11:14 AM »
"If all are agreeable, I'll see it through," he assured her, then looked around. "If the Golden Hart is here, that's where you'll find me, I've stayed there several times in Valcastria, seems like a good place to stay now, and we'll see what the morning brings."

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1310 on: January 12, 2018, 02:19:33 AM »
"It is" she nodded, "though, you are welcome to stay at my house too." She pointed, "the Golden Hart is that way, and my house is in the center" she pointed again, "straight that way" she shrugged and turned back to dealing with her people not noticing which directing he chose to go. "Do we all know what we are doing? Because, I would really like to go see Duke Caradale about Billie" she shrugged, "I would like to tell him about it tomorrow, should the Duke agree."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1311 on: January 12, 2018, 02:35:37 AM »
"He's at the house." Indra nodded toward the city center.

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1312 on: January 12, 2018, 02:39:08 AM »
"Perfect, lead the way" she said following Indra to the house. Mostly because Indra hadn't specified which house, though Tamalyn suspected it was hers.

When they found the Duke Tamalyn smiled at him. "I bet you didn't wake up thus morning expecting the city delivery service to bring your fully staffed city" she said grinning.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1313 on: January 12, 2018, 02:42:24 AM »
"No," he replied. "At most I expected evening tea. It is an interesting development, to say the least."

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1314 on: January 12, 2018, 02:57:07 AM »
She shook her head, "I hadn't expected it either. I am grateful though. It isn't easy finding skilled people who want to uproot their lively hood to live in a brand new city. These people have the courage to live here, though most are used to city life. I know they did because, as you know in Valcastria the Red  Wall district ous considered shameful to work in, live in our visit. And yet, everyone of them took a chance to move there and it worked. We broke that taboo, though I am grateful that the walls were there because they allowed our guards to defend the district more than once. So, we have a few things we need to discuss. First, the district dors already have guards that serve as constables and protection. I would recommend that you use them for your official constables. Second, I would like to suggest that you appoint Billie Tangart tge baron of this district. He is an excellent leader and they already know him and trust him."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1315 on: January 12, 2018, 03:00:06 AM »
"Excellent notions," Caradale nodded. "If he can run a country, he can run a barony, and it'll probably be less stressful to him, we Selnens are a calmer lot, it seems."

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1316 on: January 12, 2018, 03:28:24 AM »
"My father did plan ahead, so there is foodstuffs in various warehouses. But, I do not currently know how much. We should have a better idea tomorrow. I am arranging a meeting with all the business owners tomorrow and I think it will be a good idea to introduce you at the meeting. It will be after breakfast" she added, "I think the King will be attending as well, which is a good idea since they do not understand Selnendrin politics. They think nobles sit around eating chocolate and drinking" she smiled and shrugged, "it will take everyone time to adjust. Anyway, tomorrow is going to be busy." She considered, "I will be having our new broadsheet write something about the new amenities, but I think it would be a good idea to advertise in the Hesterbur chronicle as well because most of the items are high end, and the same goes for the entertainment and the artists. I am fairly certain that most of the shops will be open before lunch, these people will not be sitting around. The bankers have already requested currency exchanges. You are going to need a factor to help with this, if you do not already have one." She reached into her bag and produced a list of businesses, "this does not have all the shops and businesses, but has the majority of them. Do you have any questions?"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1317 on: January 12, 2018, 03:32:44 AM »
"We're going to need a lot of coin to make the exchanges. I'm sure that your own factors and counselors know if there is an exchange rate, but I've done no business in Valcastrian coin, and I'm not going to be able to gather coin and knowledge by morning," he grinned ruefully. "Do they use coin? I seem to recall stories about chips or something."

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1318 on: January 12, 2018, 03:45:58 AM »
"My factor is handling that now" she assured him, "they do use chits, but many shop owners also accept Selnen coin because they do not wish to lose a sale" she added. "They will have no problem figuring out their new pricing. Once we have finished with the currency exchanges, that particular concern will be unnecessary. One thing I feel like I should add, well two really. Most have loans with my father for their businesses. And, my father actually owns all the buildings. Which was why he took them" she added.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1319 on: January 12, 2018, 03:47:50 AM »
"I made a point of not asking," he grinned again. "I figure that if there were technicalities, you'd see to them."

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1320 on: January 12, 2018, 04:07:03 AM »
She smiled, "I do not foresee any issues for you. I just thought that since they were here now that you should be aware of things. In this instance, he happens to own a lot of buildings in your duchy" she shrugged, "you might want to consider trying to sell him the land they sit on. Just wait a few days to do it" she added, "he is a little cranky right now. Or you could just consider the population boost, with completed housing and shops his payment for the lands they sit on. Because not all of these buildings were actually in the Red Wall, he included the government buildings and jails that you will require as well. And, expanded your walls" she added, "he really has been more than generous. But, I am not aware of your ducual financial situation. In the long run, you are years ahead, though in the short term there will be some financial drain. But, with proper advertising and notifying the correct people you could be thriving sooner than you think. For instance, Lord and Lady Bragg own the top floor of the Golden Harp. Invite them to visit their apartments. Lady Samara Bragg is an avid shopper. I will have Annika give you a list of names to send grand opening invitations to.  We have built it, now we need to get people to come."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:02:47 PM by Milady Kim »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1321 on: January 12, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »
"One advantage I see," he smiled. "Everything is nice and clean, probably because of the move. I think that once people lose the shock of the move, it will be interesting."

Then Tamalyn received a dispatch, from Helda of all people.

"You moved Amalana the dressmaker and Urlech's leather here? We're taking you shopping!"

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1322 on: January 12, 2018, 02:34:21 PM »
 She read the dispatch and raised her brow at it, then folded it and out it into her bag. "One thing that we will need to see to is getting the clothiers a crash course in Selnendrin fashions. I will suggest a visit to the capital to them tomorrow at the meeting."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lord Palatine

• Ye Olde Man
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
    • Scribe of the Realm
    • Awards
« Reply #1323 on: January 12, 2018, 02:44:00 PM »
"There's a difference?" He looked puzzled.

Not Yet Rated!

Online Milady Kim

• LP's Adult Supervision
  • Guildmaster/Mistress
  • Saying it with Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1324 on: January 12, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »
"In both men's and women's fashion" she nodded, "though some of the more daring women do shop in Valcastria for their clothing. I will take those interested in going to the capital" she looked at Indra and have her a nod. They would need additional guards if Tamalyn was going to Hesterbur. "There are numerous breweries and distillers that are here now, as well as entertaining clubs." She informed him pointing to the names listed. "I would suggest that you walk around and get a feel for the Red Wall, we can meet again before the meeting tomorrow."

Untitled Document

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. FARPWG - The Guild may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy (Magic site) (D&D site). For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING®, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS®, D&D®, PLAYER'S HANDBOOK 2®, and DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE® are trademark[s] of Wizards of the Coast and D&D® core rules, game mechanics, characters and their distinctive likenesses are the property of the Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website at (www.wizards.com)

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by any company unless specified. In order to review products Guild Members may reference trademarks and other intellectual property of these companies without intent to violate trademarks or copyrights.

The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild provides forum boards, server space and bandwidth, without compensation, to support Idaho gaming and fandom.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool. process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated are. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat. Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle. No substitutions allowed. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Caveat emptor. Article is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. An equal opportunity article. No shoes, no shirt, no articles. quantities are limited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Instructions are included. Action figures sold separately. No preservatives added. Slippery when wet. Safety goggles may be required during use. Sealed for your protection, do not read if safety seal is broken. Call before you dig. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. For external use only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading. Read only with proper ventilation. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. Keep away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes. Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source. Smoking this article could be hazardous to your health. The best safeguard, second only to abstinence, is the use of a condom. No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added. If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician. Articles are ribbed for your pleasure. Possible penalties for early withdrawal. Offer valid only at participating sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. must be 18 to read. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.). Other restrictions may apply. This supersedes all previous notices.

Opinions in articles, posts and podcasts do not necessarily represent the views of The Fantasy Artists, RolePlayers & Writers Guild, aka FARPWG the Guild.

FARPWG The Guild © 2004-2017 Tim Boothby - All Rights are retained by those posting art, lyrics, messages and articles.

* About Me!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Here?

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Most Recent

Re: The Tamber Saga by Milady Kim
[Today at 06:17:20 PM]

Re: The Tamber Saga by Lord Palatine
[Today at 06:02:49 PM]

[Today at 04:12:37 PM]

[Today at 03:33:19 PM]

[Today at 01:44:43 PM]

[Today at 01:33:46 AM]

[Today at 01:26:24 AM]

[Today at 01:00:02 AM]

[Today at 12:58:01 AM]

[Today at 12:38:55 AM]

[Today at 12:36:36 AM]

[Today at 12:15:50 AM]

[Today at 12:12:27 AM]

[Yesterday at 11:49:47 PM]

[Yesterday at 11:47:41 PM]

Affiliated Sites

Red Zone Fandom Red Zone Fan Photography Scribe of the Realm Science Fox Serious Lesbian

Red Zone Galleries

Boise Area Conventions

Us Being Social

Guild on Facebook Red Zone Facebook Red Zone Twitter Red Zone Youtube